GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Jacarandas are out down the south coast....

Go down 
+4
plantboy
Grisonut
Oz1200Guzzi
Pete Roper
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Jacarandas are out down the south coast.... Empty
PostSubject: Jacarandas are out down the south coast....   Jacarandas are out down the south coast.... Icon_minitime1Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:22 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Taken from the verandah of the Tilba pub.

Pete
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: Jacarandas are out down the south coast....   Jacarandas are out down the south coast.... Icon_minitime1Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:24 pm

Here too, Pete. Won't have trouble overcooling your oil today will you? Stinking hot here in Thirroul - Jacarandas and all...
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Jacarandas are out down the south coast....   Jacarandas are out down the south coast.... Icon_minitime1Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:42 pm

You should of heard the racket my thing was making when I got to the coast yesterday! No wonder people think it must be broken! Shit! I think it sounds like it's broken! Never goes wrong though, it's just super-noisy!

Pete
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: Jacarandas are out down the south coast....   Jacarandas are out down the south coast.... Icon_minitime1Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:23 pm

Now that the heat of the day is pretty much done, now I have my shitty little job listed well and truly done, now is the time to imbibe a nice cold Heineken - hmm, getting a little pissey. Should I stop, hell no, I have a job interview in the morning - hangovers are the perfect thing to get one through the gruel, aren't they?
Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

PostSubject: Re: Jacarandas are out down the south coast....   Jacarandas are out down the south coast.... Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:41 am

Pretty...
Reminds me of the lavender fields in my Southern France.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jacarandas are out down the south coast....   Jacarandas are out down the south coast.... Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:48 pm

Purple fucking trees??? I am definitely NOT doing acid in Oz!
Well... I don't exactly do acid here either - But that's some messed up shit man!

Purty though...
Back to top Go down
plantboy
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
plantboy

PostSubject: Re: Jacarandas are out down the south coast....   Jacarandas are out down the south coast.... Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:03 am

I guess you don't get them in Canadia Harry, they don't take snow. Jacarandas are native to sub-tropical and tropical central and sth America including the west indies. Plenty in Oz though, not really a pest. Two mature specimens on my place finished flowering a week or so ago - they were particularly colourful this season.
Back to top Go down
LBC Tenni
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
LBC Tenni

PostSubject: Re: Jacarandas are out down the south coast....   Jacarandas are out down the south coast.... Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:15 am

Pity it will be another 5 or 6 months until we see them again in So. Cal. But the winter temps here are perfect for riding, so I can't really complain.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jacarandas are out down the south coast....   Jacarandas are out down the south coast.... Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:33 pm

plantboy wrote:
I guess you don't get them in Canadia Harry, they don't take snow.  

Yeah, me neither - snow is expensive. Local snow is free to use, but if it's on a hill - especially around Vancouver....$100 plus lubrication for you and vegetarian chili for the missus... Oy!
And then when you're all done with the fluffy white shit and you want to get rid of it? Holy Crap! Let's see... a hundred bucks an hour for an 8th grader to come and plow it into your neighbor's yard, or if you're lucky(?) enough to have a snowmelt system installed in your driveway, let's say, 100-130 btu/hr/sq ft to melt it so the wife doesn't bump her Range Rover into the house... It could add up to some pretty big fuel and Scotch bills if it keeps on snowing.
Personally I take the two-pronged approach:
1/ Drive a 4x4
2/ Wait for spring.
2a/ Drink something that makes you not remember how long it is until spring.
Back to top Go down
DungeonMaster
GRiSO
GRiSO
DungeonMaster

PostSubject: Re: Jacarandas are out down the south coast....   Jacarandas are out down the south coast.... Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:10 pm

Harry Paratestes wrote:
Purple fucking trees??? I am definitely NOT doing acid in Oz!
Well... I don't exactly do acid here either - But that's some messed up shit man!

Purty though...

I'm liking them!!!
Back to top Go down
Blue
Nibbio
Nibbio
Blue

PostSubject: Re: Jacarandas are out down the south coast....   Jacarandas are out down the south coast.... Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:56 am

Someone could do their GRiSO that colour.......

Presuming Pete's is a one off colour scheme?
Back to top Go down
DungeonMaster
GRiSO
GRiSO
DungeonMaster

PostSubject: Re: Jacarandas are out down the south coast....   Jacarandas are out down the south coast.... Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:38 am

Bluesun9 wrote:
Someone could do their GRiSO that colour.......

Presuming Pete's is a one off colour scheme?

Hey.
That is a VERY Good idea.
My recently departed wife had Grand Plans to paint her V65 purple. That jacaranda color would be a very beautiful commemorative for her.
Thanks for the inspiration.

DM
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: Jacarandas are out down the south coast....   Jacarandas are out down the south coast.... Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:51 am

Thumbs Up

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
LBC Tenni
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
LBC Tenni

PostSubject: Re: Jacarandas are out down the south coast....   Jacarandas are out down the south coast.... Icon_minitime1Fri May 22, 2015 10:45 pm

And 6 months later we have them popping out in California, looking remarkably like the upside-down version seen in Australia. Funny how that works. scratch

Back to top Go down
DungeonMaster
GRiSO
GRiSO
DungeonMaster

PostSubject: Re: Jacarandas are out down the south coast....   Jacarandas are out down the south coast.... Icon_minitime1Sat May 23, 2015 1:20 pm

Is that what I have been seeing all over Santa Monica??
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jacarandas are out down the south coast....   Jacarandas are out down the south coast.... Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Jacarandas are out down the south coast....
Page 1 of 1