GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

G'day from Sydney

Go down 
+8
Pete Roper
The Saint
DungeonMaster
beetle
tocino
mark111
plantboy
Converted Duc
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Converted Duc
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Converted Duc

G'day from Sydney Empty
PostSubject: G'day from Sydney   G'day from Sydney Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:18 am

Hi all,

I am a long time admirer of all things Italian but am yet to own a Guzzi. I went through the usual selection of Jap bikes in my early years on two wheels until I began a love affair with Ducati that has lasted for 3 decades and a number of fiery red Bologna blasters. Unfortunately while my head still lusts after svelte red machines, my body screams Californian. Having sold my last bike recently I was set to purchase a new Ducati, to my horror all the new offerings just did not appeal to me, I thought I would never say it but the road bikes are just plain ugly.

Months have gone by and still no bike, then a mate said have you thought about a Moto Guzzi? My only experience with Guzzi's was a month on a mk4 Le Mans back many moons ago and to be honest it was just not my plate of spaghetti. Then one day a strange bike rode across the front of my car, it was big. black and sounded nasty. I did not see what model it was but there was no mistaking that motor, it was a Moto Guzzi.

I have since discovered that it was a GRiSO and the seeds of a new infatuation began, I had to know more about this bike! Well after much soul searching and even more procrastinating I am now seriously looking at buying a GRiSO and have come to where I am told I can find all sorts of information on them, so here I am. I am looking at a couple for sale at the moment and if all things go well I will own my first Guzzi shortly.

If you folk's would be so kind as to give me your thoughts on the GRiSO's ability to carry the missus on short day rides I would very much appreciate it.

Last edited by Converted Duc on Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
plantboy
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
plantboy

G'day from Sydney Empty
PostSubject: Re: G'day from Sydney   G'day from Sydney Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:49 am

Welcome CD, while I cannot give you any first-hand advice on passenger carriage, I can give you a friendly tip:  it's a GRiSO you are interested in, not 'Grisso'.Wink  No doubt others will be along soon to give you more info.
Back to top Go down
Converted Duc
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Converted Duc

G'day from Sydney Empty
PostSubject: Re: G'day from Sydney   G'day from Sydney Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:54 am

Oops! Fixed.
Back to top Go down
mark111
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
mark111

G'day from Sydney Empty
PostSubject: Re: G'day from Sydney   G'day from Sydney Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:56 am

CD,
Very good two up unless you are Giants but certainly no worse than any Ducati's I can think of.
I have done some big km's with my better half on board, so day rides are a doddle.
I'm in Sydney so if you want to have a chat pm me.
Back to top Go down
tocino
Nibbio
Nibbio
tocino

G'day from Sydney Empty
PostSubject: Re: G'day from Sydney   G'day from Sydney Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:14 pm

Welcome!
Back to top Go down
Converted Duc
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Converted Duc

G'day from Sydney Empty
PostSubject: Re: G'day from Sydney   G'day from Sydney Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:27 am

Cheers guys thanks for feedback i am really struggling to find excuses to not buy one.
Back to top Go down

G'day from Sydney Empty
PostSubject: Re: G'day from Sydney   G'day from Sydney Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:38 am

Converted Duc wrote:
i am really struggling to find excuses to not buy one.

I always struggled with that myself. The bikes always won. Smile
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

G'day from Sydney Empty
PostSubject: Re: G'day from Sydney   G'day from Sydney Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:32 am

If you want excuses not to buy one, you've come to the wrong place. Razz

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
DungeonMaster
GRiSO
GRiSO
DungeonMaster

G'day from Sydney Empty
PostSubject: Re: G'day from Sydney   G'day from Sydney Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:36 am

what was in the other thread?????
"Join me and we can Rule the Galaxy together. If you only knew the Power of The Dark Side."

Resistance is Futile.
Get the GRiSO!!
The Siren Beckons.

The Lady Wore Black by QueensRyche  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehjIdaN7k_M

Yes, My GRiSO is Black.

DM
Back to top Go down
The Saint
Biondino
Biondino
The Saint

G'day from Sydney Empty
PostSubject: Re: G'day from Sydney   G'day from Sydney Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:12 am

G'day mate.

The only thing the handbrake eerr i mean missus complained after dawn till dusk ride was the vibration. And I thought all venetians liked the vibes. He he
Back to top Go down
Converted Duc
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Converted Duc

G'day from Sydney Empty
PostSubject: Re: G'day from Sydney   G'day from Sydney Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:01 am

lol
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

G'day from Sydney Empty
PostSubject: Re: G'day from Sydney   G'day from Sydney Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:53 am

We can fix the vibes, they're fuelling related. The main and delta maps are a pig's breakfast in the factory map and its continually trying to trim itself to meet the emissions requirements.

Pete
Back to top Go down
Sfregiato
Sfregiato

G'day from Sydney Empty
PostSubject: Re: G'day from Sydney   G'day from Sydney Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:57 am

I struggled with it too, but purely from a financial perspective. Happy as shit I could not get my deposit back when I had doubts!

I would say don't fight this one if it feels good to you w/2 up, have a good dealer within reasonable distance and can afford it.

They're an awsome ride which never goes stale or so it seems.

Back to top Go down
The Saint
Biondino
Biondino
The Saint

G'day from Sydney Empty
PostSubject: Re: G'day from Sydney   G'day from Sydney Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:05 am

Pete Roper wrote:
We can fix the vibes, they're fuelling related. The main and delta maps are a pig's breakfast in the factory map and its continually trying to trim itself to meet the emissions requirements.

Pete

But, can we fix the fueling and leave the vibes alone. I kinda like them. He he
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

G'day from Sydney Empty
PostSubject: Re: G'day from Sydney   G'day from Sydney Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:24 am

Depends what you want. It will never be so smooth as to be anodyne but it doesn't need to rattle and chatter on a light throttle as the transmission tries to beat itself to death.

Pete
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

G'day from Sydney Empty
PostSubject: Re: G'day from Sydney   G'day from Sydney Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:03 am

Want a GRiSO to vibrate? Put a Termignoni on it. Suspect

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down

G'day from Sydney Empty
PostSubject: Re: G'day from Sydney   G'day from Sydney Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:14 am

Can't you just add batteries?
Back to top Go down
The Saint
Biondino
Biondino
The Saint

G'day from Sydney Empty
PostSubject: Re: G'day from Sydney   G'day from Sydney Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:28 am

Thanks Pete. Makes sense. In due time you can guide me how to change the map. As always, you are a wealth of knowledge.
Back to top Go down
The Saint
Biondino
Biondino
The Saint

G'day from Sydney Empty
PostSubject: Re: G'day from Sydney   G'day from Sydney Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:29 am

beetle wrote:
Want a GRiSO to vibrate? Put a Termignoni on it.  Suspect

Ha ha. Too late, I'm getting an Agostini.
Back to top Go down

G'day from Sydney Empty
PostSubject: Re: G'day from Sydney   G'day from Sydney Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:54 pm

The Saint wrote:

Is that anything like a Prince Albert?
Back to top Go down
tocino
Nibbio
Nibbio
tocino

G'day from Sydney Empty
PostSubject: Re: G'day from Sydney   G'day from Sydney Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:30 pm

ghezzi wrote:
Can't you just add batteries?

With the Eastern Beaver kit you can wire it in to the harness! I assume it works for Western, er, uh. I'll stop now.
Back to top Go down
DungeonMaster
GRiSO
GRiSO
DungeonMaster

G'day from Sydney Empty
PostSubject: Re: G'day from Sydney   G'day from Sydney Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 21, 2014 5:02 am

Harry Paratestes wrote:
The Saint wrote:

Is that anything like a Prince Albert?

My Agostini failed to give me a Prince Albert!
Back to top Go down
Converted Duc
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Converted Duc

G'day from Sydney Empty
PostSubject: Re: G'day from Sydney   G'day from Sydney Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 24, 2014 4:25 am

Well I am taking the plunge, I have spoken to Peter Roper (thx for the time Pete) who has set up this particular bike and have agreed on a price. Just have to get down to pick it up then annoy Peter about the pipe. It has a high rise Mistral which appears to be the dogs bollox, but I am not a fan of the modern look. I want to investigate the ups and downs of a low metal Termi type can.

Cheers to all and happy Christmas, Santa has been very good to me this year. Smile
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

G'day from Sydney Empty
PostSubject: Re: G'day from Sydney   G'day from Sydney Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 24, 2014 4:51 am

Don't ride it with the Mistral on it then. Cos if you do, you'll be sorely disappointed when you stick a Termi on it. Just sayin'.

Merry Festivus!

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Sfregiato
Sfregiato

G'day from Sydney Empty
PostSubject: Re: G'day from Sydney   G'day from Sydney Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 24, 2014 4:53 am

Yeeeaahhh!!! Another GRiSO on the road. What a bike.....enjoy it man!

All the best & Merry Christmas to you too!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

G'day from Sydney Empty
PostSubject: Re: G'day from Sydney   G'day from Sydney Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

G'day from Sydney
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next