GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Close but no cigar

Go down 
+16
Spaceknight
Triman023
keenerkeen07
bobbyfromnc
pauldaytona
Boysie
CPB
DungeonMaster
garyclem
Canyon Carver
tocino
Grisonut
plantboy
Steak
Pete Roper
20 posters
AuthorMessage
Overholt13
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Overholt13

Close but no cigar Empty
PostSubject: Close but no cigar   Close but no cigar Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:54 pm

Well gang I went to the local Moto Guzzi dealership in the Phoenix area, Ride Now Euro, yesterday with the hope of coming home with a 2015 GRiSO, that being said I am unfortunately still Grisoless, DAM IT!!!, so the negotiations went something like this, I asked a sales person on the OTD cash price on one of the two GRiSO's the had in stock I was then greeted by the sales manager after a spell with paperwork for just short of 16k, for OTD CASH, I asked to see the paperwork for this super deal at which time he said its his paperwork and put it behind his back, I laughed at him, reminded him this is for cash and told him I don't have to buy this bike today and from this dealership, cash price please, his retort was he wants to be friends and has to make a little to, I sent him on his way with his head looking at the floor, a few minutes later he comes back with a offer of 14k OTD CASH and still wants to be my friend, at this point I ask him if we can go to his office to crunch the numbers some more, so we head to a little more private table, he does not have a office and I put 12k on the table in front of him and ask him does this buy me a GRiSO today at which time he takes a deep breath and runs off again, comes back a few minutes later and hands me a little sticky note with 13,348.64, SO YOU WANT IT RIGHT??? I said no you can keep it picked up my cash and walked out, he appeared shocked to me
sorry for the length of this article
THOUGHTS??? OPINIONS??? IDEAS???
Thank You in advance
P.S. I am going for ride its a nice day talk to you later Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Close but no cigar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Close but no cigar   Close but no cigar Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:28 pm

Over here a G8 is a $22,000 motorcycle so any of those prices would be attractive.

Try giving Moto International in Seattle a ring, they generally have a good selection of left-overs at good prices.

Pete
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

Close but no cigar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Close but no cigar   Close but no cigar Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:10 pm

It's no wonder that Moto Guzzi can't establish a decent dealer network in the USA.  $15K and change is a fair deal for a brand new 2015 GRiSO, $14K is a really good deal, and $13,248.64 is a FANTASTIC deal!  Your dealer is maybe making a couple hundred dollars on that sale if he is making anything.  He's doing about all he can to log another sale for fiscal year 2014.  You're not buying a Honda, these aren't high volume bikes, and we should do our part to keep our dealers in business.

NOBODY IS GETTING RICH SELLING MOTO GUZZIS!!!

For fuck sakes, he bent over backwards to get you on your GRiSO.  $12K OTD is a ridiculous notion.  He'd be subsidizing your purchase out of his own pocket.  There are times when PIAGGIO North America will offer new old stock bikes (unsold 2013-14 models from defunct dealers) but most of those get plucked up by dealers like Moto International.  Dave will always pass those discounts on to the buyer.  But while there were lots of those deals on 2007 GRiSOs from 2008 to 2010, I haven't seen any here for the last few years maybe only a couple in the 1200 8V era.

If I were you, I'd put my hat in my hands, go back and take the $13.5K deal and make friends.  Hopefully he won't kick you out of the store...

For comparison, this is the deal Dave is offering at Moto International here in Seattle.  He's not getting rich either.

GRiSO 2015 Pricing
MSRP: $12,990.00
Freight: $430.00
Set-up: $310.00
Subtotal: $13,730.00
Tax: $1,345.54
License: $134.75
Total: $15,210.29

*Tax and license fees apply to Washington State residents only.

Here's a link to an article Dave wrote last year.  It'll give you an idea of what you are getting for your money.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
plantboy
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
plantboy

Close but no cigar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Close but no cigar   Close but no cigar Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:35 pm

Even dealers have to eat mate.Smile
Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

Close but no cigar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Close but no cigar   Close but no cigar Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:43 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

People from the West buy from these guys...
I'd give them a call, it might be worth it.
You'll only pay for freight and local taxes on top of the bike's price, none of this set up bullshit...
The $12,990 could be negotiated down a bit if you hassle with them.

Worse case scenario, they could find you a 2014 for low $11,000. Paid $11,200 for my 2013 last January. Smile
Back to top Go down
tocino
Nibbio
Nibbio
tocino

Close but no cigar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Close but no cigar   Close but no cigar Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 21, 2014 5:21 pm

MSRP for a 2015 is US$12,990
I don't think you can get away with the freight charge because the factory is doing the shipping.
If you assume $430 (according to Moto Intl' site) that's $14,320, so they're basically waiving the setup fee.
For a 2015 model right now I'd say that was a fair price.

Or did that price include the tax? If so I'd say a good deal for sure.

If you want the new red then 2015 is your only option. If the Black Devil is what you're after then a 2014 or 13 model could save you some $. I saved a bit when I got mine last Summer since it was a left-over (brand new) 2013 model.

The cash thing doesn't really work with new bikes/cars - the dealer isn't loaning you the money; a bank or finance company is. In fact, with the "dealer reserve" (i.e. kickback to dealer from finance company) it can be seen as a disincentive to them since they'll make a little less.

My 2c

Back to top Go down
Canyon Carver
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
Canyon Carver

Close but no cigar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Close but no cigar   Close but no cigar Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 21, 2014 5:48 pm

I think the dealer really did offer a great price in the end. I would have taken it IF I were looking for a new bike. If you're dealing in cash, dealers don't seem to care at all. That's why used bike from private party is the way I buy. Not only is it easier to negotiate the selling price, but the seller can give you a "bill of Sale" for a lower amount that you both agree on. They can even "Gift" the bike, saving you sales tax when you transfer tittle.
pirat
Back to top Go down

Close but no cigar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Close but no cigar   Close but no cigar Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:14 pm

Unless the dealer is in to tax fraud, cash is a waste of time. Counting, security and a trip to the bank, waiting in a queue etc. Bank transfer will save him time and effort.

Finance it and dealer gets a kick-back. Insure it through the dealer and he gets a kick-back. Load up with accessories and gear and dealer has a larger margin to play with.

Don't be a tight arse! Buy it now before he gets the shits with you and flips the bird.
If you buy from interstate to save a few bucks, then turn up at the local dealer for free service and warranty, good luck.

Brisbane Ducati dealer regularly tells the locals who do that, "k-off"
Back to top Go down
garyclem
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
garyclem

Close but no cigar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Close but no cigar   Close but no cigar Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:25 pm

the deal offered sounds fantastic ........... I used to work for a Kawasaki dealer who tried to survive by netting only $500 on a new bike sale because of too few buyers taking advantage of there being too many dealers .......... he didn't survive, neither did a few of the others. He would sometimes say to someone playing hard ball .......... how about I give you a $100 to just fuck off because that way I will lose less money on the deal.
Back to top Go down
DungeonMaster
GRiSO
GRiSO
DungeonMaster

Close but no cigar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Close but no cigar   Close but no cigar Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:27 pm

When I worked at Moto Italiano in 2000 I was told that they never discounted the bikes they sold because they didn't make any money selling bikes. They made money in the Service Dept.

DM
Back to top Go down
Sfregiato
Sfregiato

Close but no cigar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Close but no cigar   Close but no cigar Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:41 pm

The dealer I purchased mine from was asking $13,595.00 Cdn as I recall for their 2012 models off the floor. Sold it to me for a cash price of 13,090.00 despite not buying it for cash which was good of them. I think he wanted to move it at the time to make way for the 2013 black devils.

Anyway, sounds like what you were offered was a pretty fair price to me as well though I have not kept up on what they are going for in the states lately.

Good luck with your purchase. I hope you get yer hands on one (or that one).

Oh yeah, you also get:

an engine with the improved roller tappet design

a dash which won't develop condensation on the inside

AND THE BIGGIE

red paint Cool
Back to top Go down
CPB
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
CPB

Close but no cigar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Close but no cigar   Close but no cigar Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:56 am

Overholt13 wrote:
THOUGHTS??? OPINIONS??? IDEAS???

Go back and buy it.
Back to top Go down
Boysie
Carlotto
Carlotto
Boysie

Close but no cigar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Close but no cigar   Close but no cigar Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:34 am

Yes just go back before they change there mind 13,248 US is around £8500 UK... We have to pay around £10500 over here in old blighty.... Nearly 20% more
Back to top Go down
pauldaytona
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo
pauldaytona

Close but no cigar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Close but no cigar   Close but no cigar Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:19 am

So if you get it somehwere else, 1000 miles away, where are you going for maintenance and maybe warranty work? This dealer that wanted to be your friend?
Back to top Go down
http://www.fastguzzi.nl
bobbyfromnc
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
bobbyfromnc

Close but no cigar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Close but no cigar   Close but no cigar Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:37 am

Sounds to me after reading these posts and taking into consideration selling these bikes is not a high volume proposition for most dealers. I believe they did offer you a very good deal. There is nothing wrong with bargaining for a FAIR deal, especially if you want a dealer to survive. I think most here would agree with getting a FAIR deal that works for both the buyer and the dealer. They have to eat to. My 2 cents.
Back to top Go down
keenerkeen07
Nibbio
Nibbio
keenerkeen07

Close but no cigar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Close but no cigar   Close but no cigar Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:57 am

In Calgary Alberta Canada They have a new 2014 GRiSO listed at $ 12990.00 cdn plus tax for locals . -$700 less than mrsp , the 2015 GRiSO will probably list at $14200 cdn plus
Not bad IMO
I paid 7000.00 for a used 2007 1100 GRiSO with 5000km 2 years ago Smile ....
You could try used instead
Back to top Go down
Triman023
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Triman023

Close but no cigar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Close but no cigar   Close but no cigar Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:34 am

I got my 2013 from my dealer for about $12,6 ish, they had bumped it to $12,9. My negotiations were for a rollback to the original price, first service free and replace or repair a scratched rear fender.
If you ask for free service its easier for the dealer to work with. All the parts are at their cost and its not all that much labor. The fender was damaged so they ordered one at their cost.
They were happy and I was happy.
The out the door cost was about $14K

My friend got a Ducati Diaval ---- cost him about $25K with all the farkles...
Back to top Go down
Spaceknight
Carlotto
Carlotto
Spaceknight

Close but no cigar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Close but no cigar   Close but no cigar Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:30 pm

I was looking at a 2014 white GRiSO in September. Dealer offered me a test drive but I didn't have time (wife was waiting in the car). I told him I would be back over the weekend.

Went back and they had sold it so I couldn't take a test ride on it. He said they had another one coming in about a week. He didn't know if it was a 2014 or 2015. Gave him a deposit and a week later a 2015 showed up. Got it for $12,990 out the door. He waved the setup fee because it was late in the season. (although I think he got it all back when I paid for the first service Shocked )
Back to top Go down
Overholt13
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Overholt13

Close but no cigar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Close but no cigar   Close but no cigar Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:40 pm

pauldaytona wrote:
So if you get it somehwere else, 1000 miles away, where are you going for maintenance and maybe warranty work? This dealer that wanted to be your friend?  

that sir is a great point
Back to top Go down
Enzo the baker
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Enzo the baker

Close but no cigar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Close but no cigar   Close but no cigar Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 24, 2014 3:20 pm

I bought my 2013 GRiSO new in Tucson at Renaissance Motorcycles, the price $13,783 out the door. Ride Now is a crappy motorcycle dealership owned by the Coulter Auto family. Contrary to what the salesman told you they are not interested in making friends or building a loyal customer base, the are selling units and that's all. Check Renaissance in Tucson.
Back to top Go down
Overholt13
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Overholt13

Close but no cigar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Close but no cigar   Close but no cigar Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 27, 2014 9:31 am

first off gang I should have written my message in a better manner, the sales manager at RideNow was a Prick at best and the [we can be friends] comment came after he quoted me just short of 16k for a OTD price
in my opinion RideNow is a joke, they have 8 dealerships and the corporate office in the Phoenix area alone, 25 dealerships and adding more through out the USA, I totally agree with you Enzo, I had sent out another PM to Renaissance Motorcycles this morning before I hopped on the Ghetto to get caught up on some reading, I have been in contact with Steve the owner and David in sales, the only other Moto Guzzi dealership is Powersports Outlet in Prescott, owned by Jim Knaup but they unfortunately  will not be getting any Grisos anytime soon, that is the 3 options in Arizona and from the sounds of it I am very very lucky to have 3 options in one state, the search is back in full swing alien
Back to top Go down
opc
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
opc

Close but no cigar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Close but no cigar   Close but no cigar Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:11 am

I won't defend RideNow Euro, but I don't mind doing business with them. They're a business and not out to make friends. They offered you a deal at $13.3k out the door for a brand new 2015. That's a much better price than all Ghetto members who've posted say one should expect. You may want to take another look at market and consider updating your expectations. Good luck with your search.
Back to top Go down
Canyon Carver
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
Canyon Carver

Close but no cigar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Close but no cigar   Close but no cigar Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 27, 2014 11:51 am

final thought on your scenario about plunking down the cash you had available. Assuming it's still available, the GRiSO, that is, Offer that dealer the balance on a C.C. and be done with it. Otherwise, wait until spring when the new bikes hit the floor and someone will be tempted to sell a GRiSO used. Fly there and ride it home.
Back to top Go down
The Saint
Biondino
Biondino
The Saint

Close but no cigar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Close but no cigar   Close but no cigar Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 28, 2014 2:17 am

I don't see the dilemma. It seems like a relatively good deal. Generally, margins aren't high on new bikes and, unless it's a high volume selling product, you have to work hard to get a substantial discount. And thats good because huge discounts seriously devalue the product overall, which hurts the existing owners when they sell or trade in. GRiSO is a unique and timeless machine that will hold it's own for years to come, unlike the generic sawing machines which, after 2 years, become outdated and worthless. If you are after a new 2015 GRiSO, which is likely to be the last, you simply can't go wrong. The other thing, having a good relationship with your dealer brings other benefits, such as discounts on service, parts, accessories and gear, saving you more in the long run.

Cheerio
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Close but no cigar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Close but no cigar   Close but no cigar Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Close but no cigar
Page 1 of 1