GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Exhaust systems

Go down 
+5
wardest
Guzziboy66
beetle
Pete Roper
zathruss
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Exhaust systems - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exhaust systems   Exhaust systems - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:38 pm

No worries. As soon as I get one of my feckless offspring to provide me with an android phone I'll get you to walk me through the logging app.

Did you find out where the 1200 Sport is bleeding from? I reckon it's the breather plate, either that or I picked up the wrong tampons and the rocker cover isn't sealing at the upper back corner.

Pete
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Exhaust systems   Exhaust systems - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 29, 2014 3:49 am

I haven't looked at it yet. I need to get mine sorted so that I can transfer the wideband gear across.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Exhaust systems   Exhaust systems - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 29, 2014 4:09 am

Cool, no worries. As I said the owner is in no rush. I'm still trying to get hold of Cali 1400 Man. I fear he's on holiday too Very Happy

Pete
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Exhaust systems   Exhaust systems - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 30, 2014 6:21 am

The Saint wrote:
Pete Roper wrote:
How much was it landed out of interest?

$800. I didn't order online, I kindly asked Springwood to get it.

Good price. I realised that when I said about a grand that would of included the high rate of VAT/GST in Italy. Even so $800 is still pretty good.

Pete
Back to top Go down
tarsky68
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
tarsky68

PostSubject: Re: Exhaust systems   Exhaust systems - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 30, 2014 7:50 pm

Exhaust may be one of the first changes I make to the bike. It sounds as though a remap is recommended regardless of which system you choose. That said, is it safe to assume that all Guzzi dealers would be competent enough to do a remap after an exhaust change? If not, anyone have recommendations for a shop near PA, NJ or MD?

Thanks
Back to top Go down
tocino
Nibbio
Nibbio
tocino

PostSubject: Re: Exhaust systems   Exhaust systems - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:08 pm

I'd think there's a near 100% chance a dealer wouldn't remap since this isn't official Guzzi stuff - in fact it'd probably void your warranty if they found out (because of policy, not because remapping is bad - in fact it may extend the life of your engine). I'm guessing they wouldn't do it on a liability basis alone.

Best route is just buy the cables off Amazon and ask Mark (Beetle) for a map for you exhaust. The process is quite simple. Since it's Winter here in the Northern Hemisphere there's lots of time for reading! Smile Look at the threads:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

First one is Mark's excellent tutorial on uploading maps. I put a video in the last thread ( page 8 ) that shows how simple it is to do. It's not meant as a guide or anything, just showing how it's just a 10 minute process.

Mark's map for the stock can does wonders. I (like many here) disliked the look / weight of the stocker and did get an aftermarket, but if you don't mind the appearance of the space-blaster there's a good chance Mark's map will save you hundreds on bling.

Or if you can wait for Spring, we could do a GRiSO meetup somewhere (roads around Bill Hagan's area are great) and I can reprogram it for you. Stock map is always available to put back if you're unhappy. Or need to bring it to the dealer Smile
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Exhaust systems   Exhaust systems - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:23 pm

tarsky68 wrote:
Exhaust may be one of the first changes I make to the bike.  It sounds as though a remap is recommended regardless of which system you choose.  That said, is it safe to assume that all Guzzi dealers would be competent enough to do a remap after an exhaust change?  If not, anyone have recommendations for a shop near PA, NJ or MD?

Thanks

No. Assume nothing. Most dealers won't touch mapping. A lot of those who do do it poorly. By far your best option is to get familiar with Guzzidiag and learn to do it yourself.

Pete
Back to top Go down
55tburt
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
55tburt

PostSubject: Re: Exhaust systems   Exhaust systems - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 31, 2014 6:14 pm

I am planning to change the exhaust and mid-pipe on my 2013 8V SE. I have a Hydroform on order at this time and will do the reading that you have mentioned. I will be more that happy to make a donation for the time and effort that Mark and Pete will be putting in to develope the mapping. Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
tarsky68
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
tarsky68

PostSubject: Re: Exhaust systems   Exhaust systems - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 31, 2014 6:30 pm

tocino wrote:
I'd think there's a near 100% chance a dealer wouldn't remap since this isn't official Guzzi stuff - in fact it'd probably void your warranty if they found out (because of policy, not because remapping is bad - in fact it may extend the life of your engine). I'm guessing they wouldn't do it on a liability basis alone.

Best route is just buy the cables off Amazon and ask Mark (Beetle) for a map for you exhaust. The process is quite simple. Since it's Winter here in the Northern Hemisphere there's lots of time for reading! Smile Look at the threads:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

First one is Mark's excellent tutorial on uploading maps. I put a video in the last thread ( page 8 ) that shows how simple it is to do. It's not meant as a guide or anything, just showing how it's just a 10 minute process.

Mark's map for the stock can does wonders. I (like many here) disliked the look / weight of the stocker and did get an aftermarket, but if you don't mind the appearance of the space-blaster there's a good chance Mark's map will save you hundreds on bling.

Or if you can wait for Spring, we could do a GRiSO meetup somewhere (roads around Bill Hagan's area are great) and I can reprogram it for you. Stock map is always available to put back if you're unhappy. Or need to bring it to the dealer Smile

Wow - thanks for all of the info. I'll start reading/digesting and may have some follow up questions.

Thanks again!
Back to top Go down
tocino
Nibbio
Nibbio
tocino

PostSubject: Re: Exhaust systems   Exhaust systems - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:26 pm

tarsky68 wrote:

Wow - thanks for all of the info.  I'll start reading/digesting and may have some follow up questions.

Mark's the one to thank - I'm just a cheerleader / link assembler. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Exhaust systems   Exhaust systems - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Exhaust systems
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2