GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Why can't they just leave it the fuck alone?

Go down 
+8
bobbyfromnc
The Saint
Ralf z
Tassiedevil71
wyno
beetle
Oz1200Guzzi
Pete Roper
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

Why can't they just leave it the fuck alone? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why can't they just leave it the fuck alone?   Why can't they just leave it the fuck alone? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:18 pm

"Arse beats class" - The OP in that thread is a moron and needs to be ignored completely.

The post by makarushka is a good way to get very close. I'm not sure it would be 100% perfect, but it would get you a running bike at least.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
opc
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
opc

PostSubject: Re: Why can't they just leave it the fuck alone?   Why can't they just leave it the fuck alone? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:48 pm

Well, then. Glad I asked. Though the real point for me is: (hyperbole) I'll ship the whole bike overseas to Pete before I touch the sacred screw. Razz
Back to top Go down
Ralf z
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Ralf z

PostSubject: Re: Why can't they just leave it the fuck alone?   Why can't they just leave it the fuck alone? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:21 pm

Well.
Just picked up my bike from Petes and rode 230 Kms
Home.
Very impressed, bike runs awsum.
Now.......
Thanks Pete,
Great work.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Why can't they just leave it the fuck alone?   Why can't they just leave it the fuck alone? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:00 pm

Good. Now as I said if you want noisy and performance specifically for your bike we can do the dBK out map on my bike and you can test it. It's a half hour job. The advantage is that the Mistral Hi-Pipe has a log built map ready to go.

For Mark to log build a map takes hours and hours and lots of fuel and tyres and shit. I'm buying the gear and hope to be able to help with the logging but the building is his area, I'm not anywhere near clever enough. Thee is a limit to how much can really be done unless people are willing to PAY the man.

One bloke sent him $5 for a map! I mean.... Really??? Fuck!

Pete
Back to top Go down
MrButter
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
MrButter

PostSubject: Re: Why can't they just leave it the fuck alone?   Why can't they just leave it the fuck alone? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 09, 2015 4:17 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

not mine , from here>

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Generally speaking, I have fucked up more things on the GRiSO in the last 12 months (3 services and & 20k kms) than I have in the last 20 years on a myriad of Jap bikes. Guzzi's are weird, but its still the best bike I have ever owned.

On another point, why have I also become compelled to grow a beard?
Back to top Go down
The Saint
Biondino
Biondino
The Saint

PostSubject: Re: Why can't they just leave it the fuck alone?   Why can't they just leave it the fuck alone? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:01 pm

beetle wrote:
If you do a search on "throttle body balance" or somesuch, there's pics in other threads....

Many thanks
Back to top Go down
MrButter
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
MrButter

PostSubject: Re: Why can't they just leave it the fuck alone?   Why can't they just leave it the fuck alone? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:56 pm

ah crap, thats just embarassing, didnt refresh the page, or it updated days later. Fuck knows. Back to lurking.... ooooh my fragile ego..... lets try a nice post about my new front tyre instead... clown
Back to top Go down
voulga77
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
voulga77

PostSubject: Re: Why can't they just leave it the fuck alone?   Why can't they just leave it the fuck alone? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:59 am

:hello,
I am a breva 1100 owner but I am reading your nice and vivid forum.
Perhaps I contribute in this sacred screw issue. An italian ex-agostini mechanic fixes it this way:
Fase 1
engine above 80°C.
Both bypass closed, TB balance at 3700-4000 ( till now it's all well known).
Reset tps.

Fase 2
Now start the engine keeping both bypasses closed.
After two minutes (not less!) of idling checks the stepper motor steps. They have to be between +5 and +25 above the base stepper value. So if base stepper is 100 the desired value is between 105 and 125. If it's not touch the screw a little, reset tps and repeat fase 2.

At idle the bike remains unblalanced but that's not important (he says).

I tried it on my bike and always had good results.

Pete perhaps it worth trying Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why can't they just leave it the fuck alone?   Why can't they just leave it the fuck alone? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Why can't they just leave it the fuck alone?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2