GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

There's something about GRiSO

Go down 
+6
Ralf z
Bill Hagan
CPB
Steak
Street
beetle
10 posters
AuthorMessage
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

There's something about GRiSO Empty
PostSubject: There's something about GRiSO   There's something about GRiSO Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:11 pm

I've negelected the GRiSO of late. Been riding a 1200 Sport to build a map for it. Well, Mr. Roper came and hauled the Sport away in the Serial Killer Van yesterday. That's another story.

Riding the GRiSO after the Sport was a boost into heaven. I pootled out of town and kept on pootling in 6th until I crossed the Doom Die-way into the foot-hills of the Snowy's.

'Snick' went the gearbox down a notch. 'Crack' went the throttle and I was away. Shit-eating grin affixed, I hooned through the seemingly never-ending sweepers, the Mistral's song rolling across the slopes and echoing off the cut-outs. I love you

I cruised into Rosewood and turned off onto the Wondalga Rd. That's when the fun really begins!

The lack of pretzel means I don't have the massive torque the Mistral dBk map can produce, and I found myself using 3rd gear mostly through the tight stuff, with a drop to 2nd occasionally. I used to just leave it in 4th and grunt my way through. I hit the first really tight bend in 4th and was a bit underwhelmed by the response. I dropped into 3rd and kept it there most of the way except for some of the really really tight curves where I found 2nd a bit better. I wasn't until I found myself hitting the rev limiter in 3rd that I realized how fast I was actually going! Shocked

Having to keep the motor on the boil was interesting. The Mistral's 'song' was pure mechanical music and I found myself grinning like an idiot and enjoying myself immensely.

The lesser low/mid torque produced a different, but no less enjoyable riding experience. Woohoo! I love you cheers

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: There's something about GRiSO   There's something about GRiSO Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:22 pm

Pure poetry! Kudos Beetle!

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: There's something about GRiSO   There's something about GRiSO Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:35 pm

Yeah, great stuff...

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: There's something about GRiSO   There's something about GRiSO Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 18, 2015 1:53 am

For those who aren't living in God's Own Country, the Doom Die-way is what I like to call the Hume Highway. It's the road that connects Sydney to Melbourne.

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
CPB
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
CPB

PostSubject: Re: There's something about GRiSO   There's something about GRiSO Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:54 am

Street wrote:
Pure poetry! Kudos Beetle!

How about some poetry with pics. It's cold up here and we could use some warmth. sunny
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: There's something about GRiSO   There's something about GRiSO Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:16 pm

I thought of taking some pics. Like of the dead Wombat on the road, or the great views from the top, but that would have meant stopping.

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: There's something about GRiSO   There's something about GRiSO Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 18, 2015 1:03 pm

The "street view" from that Roswood link sure looked nice ... and warm.

And the topo relief on "terrain" option was inspiring.  

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Gotta get there sometime.

But, cold and nasty here, so it's grimacing more than grinning.  

Oh, well. If I can't ride something Italian, I can drink it.  Hmmmmm.  Something red from the Piedmont or Tuscany?  Or, heck, a grappa toddy; can't slight the Veneto.   Very Happy

Bill
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: There's something about GRiSO   There's something about GRiSO Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 18, 2015 2:08 pm

Here's a video of a run down this road I did a while back (because I didn't take any pics).

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Ralf z
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Ralf z

PostSubject: Re: There's something about GRiSO   There's something about GRiSO Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 18, 2015 3:03 pm

Nniicceee..
Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: There's something about GRiSO   There's something about GRiSO Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 18, 2015 3:18 pm

Ralf z wrote:
Nniicceee..

Indeed.  Very!

What a great vid.  Gorgeous riding country.  

And not shabby riding, either.   cheers

So, in your honor, beetle, Kathi and I decided we should have something from Oz instead of Italy tonight.

And, I have to say you folks can do some mighty fine wine.  Seriously, that was was unexpectedly decent wet, red swill.   Very Happy

Tried it on a whim; may have to order case.  

The Black Stump, 2013, Durif Shiraz.

Bill
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: There's something about GRiSO   There's something about GRiSO Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 18, 2015 4:00 pm

Bill, if you can get it, I recommend the Wolf Blass Grey Label Cabernet Shiraz (2010).

Another one I'm fond of is the Wynn's Coonawarra Shiraz.

I've had the Black stump Durif. Lovely!

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: There's something about GRiSO   There's something about GRiSO Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 18, 2015 5:01 pm

Mark, most excellent, even met and overtook a tin-top - awesome fun including running wide on a corner - thought only I did that...
Back to top Go down
CPB
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
CPB

PostSubject: Re: There's something about GRiSO   There's something about GRiSO Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:30 am

Nice vid, thanks. Good looking twisties. Looks warm too! Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
Blue
Nibbio
Nibbio
Blue

PostSubject: Re: There's something about GRiSO   There's something about GRiSO Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:39 am

Awful road, orrid bike, having said that it's only jealousy!!!!..............Freeeezin here.

3 weeks in Aus with kids for Christmas 2016 - wehaaaaay!

Back to top Go down
wyno
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wyno

PostSubject: Re: There's something about GRiSO   There's something about GRiSO Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:41 pm

You do realise that you now have to stop in every state except South Australia and the Northern Territory to visit the Ghetto members. Not that you won't enjoy it or anything.
Back to top Go down
diedel
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
diedel

PostSubject: Re: There's something about GRiSO   There's something about GRiSO Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 20, 2015 1:30 am

beetle wrote:
Here's a video of a run down this road I did a while back (because I didn't take any pics).

… unbelievable, roads with no cars silent
btw: whom is this 13 min prog track?
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: There's something about GRiSO   There's something about GRiSO Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 20, 2015 1:42 am

There's roads with no cars everywhere here. Very Happy

The track is 'Apparitions' by Long Distance Calling from the album Avoid The Light

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
diedel
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
diedel

PostSubject: Re: There's something about GRiSO   There's something about GRiSO Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 20, 2015 1:59 am

beetle wrote:
There's roads with no cars everywhere here. Very Happy

… but the "OST" is coming from fu…ol' germany Smile

thank you for input, will dig that!
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: There's something about GRiSO   There's something about GRiSO Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:34 am

Quote :

… but the "OST" is coming from fu…ol' germany Smile

Very Happy   cheers

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Blue
Nibbio
Nibbio
Blue

PostSubject: Re: There's something about GRiSO   There's something about GRiSO Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:26 am

wyno wrote:
You do realise that you now have to stop in every state except South Australia and the Northern Territory to visit the  Ghetto members. Not that you won't enjoy it or anything.

My sister in law to be lives in Perth. I have been promised a trip into the hills for some off roading on a borrowed KTM400 - but looking at those roads it makes me want to hire something for the road out there too.

Beetle - thks for re-posting the vid. Cool

Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: There's something about GRiSO   There's something about GRiSO Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:29 am

There are rumours of a corner near Perth, Bluesun. Often it is many miles to find a decent corner - Western Australia is BIG, lots of straight roads and few corners. Twisties - you will need to travel half a day from Perth to find them. The hills would be appropriate on the Katie...
Back to top Go down
Blue
Nibbio
Nibbio
Blue

PostSubject: Re: There's something about GRiSO   There's something about GRiSO Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:33 am

Oz1200Guzzi wrote:
There are rumours of a corner near Perth, Bluesun. Often it is many miles to find a decent corner - Western Australia is BIG, lots of straight roads and few corners. Twisties - you will need to travel half a day from Perth to find them. The hills would be appropriate on the Katie...

Just my luck - will stick with the off-road fix then. Cheers!
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: There's something about GRiSO   There's something about GRiSO Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:44 pm

Still some good road riding to be had, just need to set aside a few days for to/from bit
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: There's something about GRiSO   There's something about GRiSO Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

There's something about GRiSO
Page 1 of 1