GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

New bike shake down cruise, not a GRiSO.

Go down 
+10
Steak
rboe
Grisodude
Scot p
Oz1200Guzzi
DungeonMaster
The Saint
plantboy
Canyon Carver
Enzo the baker
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

New bike shake down cruise, not a GRiSO. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New bike shake down cruise, not a GRiSO.   New bike shake down cruise, not a GRiSO. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:46 pm

I reckon you're all stupid, Carbon Fibre is best!
jocolor geek rabbit
and they're bullet proof to boot
Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: New bike shake down cruise, not a GRiSO.   New bike shake down cruise, not a GRiSO. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:00 pm

Nice arsenal, enzo, tho those red grips are … erm … not for me.   Wink

Cannot say “mine’s bigger,” as I only pack, when I do, a Beretta .40 cal. compact.  Even on the Norge, my Remington 870 Tactical is just unwieldy.    Very Happy

NOTE: I, too, deleted a "gun thing" remark in response to another's, and left only a comment on enzo's pistols, which seemed related to the story.

=======

A quick pissing-on-a-wall story, with Italian, albeit not Guzzi, content.

So, there I wuz.

Living in Thiene, Italy,  1977 - 80.  Brigato Rosso hey-day. They had just kidnapped Aldo Moro; later murdered him.  Brave fellows.

Anyway, one morning, the Carabinieri were all in a buzz at the "Carb Bar,” laughing and joking.  I finally sorted it out.  Three BR terrorists were making a bomb, not a ¼ mile from my home … tho that’s coincidence; I was too trivial to be a target.

During that process, one thug went outside to take a leak.

You see where this is going.

KaFoxtrottingBoom!

The two inside were blown into protoplasm.  The guy relieving himself against the wall was punctured by fragments and actually “tacked" to the wall by some larger ones.

Bill
Back to top Go down
The Saint
Biondino
Biondino
The Saint

PostSubject: Re: New bike shake down cruise, not a GRiSO.   New bike shake down cruise, not a GRiSO. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:04 pm

ghezzi wrote:
I reckon you're all stupid, Carbon Fibre is best!
jocolor geek rabbit
and they're bullet proof to boot

Wayne, your next project should be carbon fibre spoked wheels.
Back to top Go down
Enzo the baker
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Enzo the baker

PostSubject: My 1980 CB 750K model   New bike shake down cruise, not a GRiSO. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:08 pm

Here is a picture of my 1980 CB 750 K taken in my back yard in 1982. Please notice it has spokes, the bike was bone stock except for the mirrors and bars. Bill Hagan I loved your story about Italy, pretty crazy time to be in the old County eh? By the way the grips were a retirement present from a Navajo LEO that I knew many years ago. They are not as red as they appear, the flash added a some color. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: New bike shake down cruise, not a GRiSO.   New bike shake down cruise, not a GRiSO. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:14 pm

Some of the earlier Guzzis (2007-2009ish) came fitted with Marchesini Wheels instead of the Brembo. At the end of the day, it is a badge engineering job as Brembo owns Marchesini and the only difference is the sticker - just pot luck if the next set came out with one brand or another, though I think most went to Europe - I've not seen any over here in Austria
Back to top Go down
Scot p
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Scot p

PostSubject: Re: New bike shake down cruise, not a GRiSO.   New bike shake down cruise, not a GRiSO. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:21 pm

Oz1200Guzzi wrote:
Some of the earlier Guzzis (2007-2009ish) came fitted with Marchesini Wheels instead of the Brembo. At the end of the day, it is a badge engineering job as Brembo owns Marchesini and the only difference is the sticker - just pot luck if the next set came out with one brand or another, though I think most went to Europe - I've not seen any over here in Austria

See above, 2010 OZ delivered...I did get it from Adelaide and it was a little like going back in time...

cya
Scot.
Back to top Go down
plantboy
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
plantboy

PostSubject: Re: New bike shake down cruise, not a GRiSO.   New bike shake down cruise, not a GRiSO. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:17 pm

I am aware that Brembo owns Marchesini as well as a number of other component brands, but have never seen Brembo wheels.  My 08 G12 with its wheels may be viewed at next month's cabal.
Back to top Go down
Scot p
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Scot p

PostSubject: Re: New bike shake down cruise, not a GRiSO.   New bike shake down cruise, not a GRiSO. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:51 pm

plantboy wrote:
I am aware that Brembo owns Marchesini as well as a number of other component brands, but have never seen Brembo wheels.  My 08 G12 with its wheels may be viewed at next month's cabal.

Had 2 sets of Brembo wheels for my Tuono, one for road use and one for track, Brembos do have their name cast into them so more then just sticker engineering. but I'm shure both brembo and Marchesini go through the same paint booth identical not quite black black wheels......

cya
Scot.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New bike shake down cruise, not a GRiSO.   New bike shake down cruise, not a GRiSO. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:33 pm

My understanding is that Brembo branded wheels are usually cast alloy, and the forged alloy and forged magnesium wheels will normally be branded Marchesini. Whence they come from and whence they go, who knows. But the Ducati 'S' models usually got the lighter version.

But how does this discussion relate to a retro CB1100?
Enzo, go ride and enjoy. It's your money and you are allowed to waste it any way you want.
If you don't seek others approval of your choices, you wont be offended by the nay-sayers.
Fuck'em! cheers
Back to top Go down
Scot p
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Scot p

PostSubject: Re: New bike shake down cruise, not a GRiSO.   New bike shake down cruise, not a GRiSO. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:28 pm

ghezzi wrote:

But how does this discussion relate to a retro CB1100?
:

Um maybe something to do with this being a GRiSO forum, and someone who was wrong Razz suggested spoked wheels would look better on the CB , then young Enzo told me that Mag's are just not mags unless they are well mags(1) but alloys are not mag's because they are not mag enough, I'm confused....we may have drifted off topic, I also believe there was a bit of mine is smaller then yours going on in there as well...

cya
Scot.

(1) a footnote (2) stop here if you dont want to learn anything..
(2) Modern Magnesium rims are usually made of several metals therefore actually alloy wheels:P (3) and aluminum wheels are also a blend of metals so also Alloy(4) wheels,,,
(3) [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
(4) [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: New bike shake down cruise, not a GRiSO.   New bike shake down cruise, not a GRiSO. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:37 pm

Threads that drift off-topic in this forum?  Shocked

Never happens. Razz

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: New bike shake down cruise, not a GRiSO.   New bike shake down cruise, not a GRiSO. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:33 am

never will again, either
Back to top Go down
tocino
Nibbio
Nibbio
tocino

PostSubject: Re: New bike shake down cruise, not a GRiSO.   New bike shake down cruise, not a GRiSO. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:48 am

beetle wrote:
Threads that drift off-topic in this forum?  Shocked

Never happens.  Razz

Man, how about that Oscars speech that one actor gave about that movie? Oh, and the other thing about that local sports team?

clown
Back to top Go down
Enzo the baker
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Enzo the baker

PostSubject: Drifting again....   New bike shake down cruise, not a GRiSO. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:35 am

Young Enzo here, gosh I like the way that sounds, thanks Scot p. Just to clarify,[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Aluminum wheels, not mags on my 2007 Vette. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Dymags, magnesium on my 1997 900SS. Just call me pedantic. Let's just agree to disagree ok?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New bike shake down cruise, not a GRiSO.   New bike shake down cruise, not a GRiSO. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:28 pm

And plastic wheels on my Bellagio. Some people call them carbon fibre mags ............... I don't give a shit.
Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

PostSubject: Re: New bike shake down cruise, not a GRiSO.   New bike shake down cruise, not a GRiSO. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:25 pm

You guys are splitting hair and comparing peters size now... Razz
Who cares about terminology.
I go through this with my Mustang all the time... People tell me it's a pony/muscle car, not a sports car. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Dumb asses! It's a high performance machine, therefore SPORT oriented.
You know sporty, as opposed to Limousine or Station wagon etc..
Then again, they call Golf a sport. LOL
Back to top Go down
Enzo the baker
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Enzo the baker

PostSubject: Re: New bike shake down cruise, not a GRiSO.   New bike shake down cruise, not a GRiSO. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:38 pm

Lighten up Francis, I'm just screwing around........
Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

PostSubject: Re: New bike shake down cruise, not a GRiSO.   New bike shake down cruise, not a GRiSO. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:44 pm

I'm quite all right mang. I'm good.
Some folks (not necessarily on this board) take this name description shit too seriously though...
Back to top Go down
DungeonMaster
GRiSO
GRiSO
DungeonMaster

PostSubject: Re: New bike shake down cruise, not a GRiSO.   New bike shake down cruise, not a GRiSO. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:24 pm

Jesus ghezzi that CF rim with the red cap looks HOT!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New bike shake down cruise, not a GRiSO.   New bike shake down cruise, not a GRiSO. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:51 pm

And they both get HOT too. Carbon doesn't dissipate heat like alloy wheels do, tyres then heat up much quicker. Haven't figured out cold tyre pressures yet, should I start lower or higher?

CARC housing and red cap get a bit warm to the touch as well ............................
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: New bike shake down cruise, not a GRiSO.   New bike shake down cruise, not a GRiSO. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:14 pm

Drill lotsa holes in the wheels. They'll be even lighter, and dissipate heat more quickly. Thumbs Up

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
tocino
Nibbio
Nibbio
tocino

PostSubject: Re: New bike shake down cruise, not a GRiSO.   New bike shake down cruise, not a GRiSO. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:58 am

beetle wrote:
Drill lotsa holes in the wheels. They'll be even lighter, and dissipate heat more quickly. Thumbs Up

And you'll have a consistent tire pressure reading!
Back to top Go down
DungeonMaster
GRiSO
GRiSO
DungeonMaster

PostSubject: Re: New bike shake down cruise, not a GRiSO.   New bike shake down cruise, not a GRiSO. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:37 am

Which one of you guys is Shervin???
Back to top Go down
Canyon Carver
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
Canyon Carver

PostSubject: Re: New bike shake down cruise, not a GRiSO.   New bike shake down cruise, not a GRiSO. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:48 am

DungeonMaster wrote:
Which one of you guys is Shervin???

not me. What's the punch line? scratch
Back to top Go down
DungeonMaster
GRiSO
GRiSO
DungeonMaster

PostSubject: Re: New bike shake down cruise, not a GRiSO.   New bike shake down cruise, not a GRiSO. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:42 am

I tried to find videos of this guy but I failed.
He had a Kawasaki that he decided to "improve" by drilling the Living Hell out of half his frame.

edit: just searched the apriliaforum for old posts and the links to this guy shervin are no longer up.

but he was quoted as saying "I put holes in the license plate to make it less air resistant"
It was later decided that he was doing a satire of custom bike builders but we were never completely sure of the satire angle.

DM
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New bike shake down cruise, not a GRiSO.   New bike shake down cruise, not a GRiSO. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

New bike shake down cruise, not a GRiSO.
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next