GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Setting up my G11 with Mistral

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
fredfrenzy
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
fredfrenzy

Setting up my G11 with Mistral Empty
PostSubject: Setting up my G11 with Mistral   Setting up my G11 with Mistral Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 06, 2015 5:40 pm

I've been slowly but surely working through the 2008 GRiSO 1100 I picked up over Christmas.   Only 6000 miles and pretty much stock.   I put about 300 miles on with the stock setup and, although fun, needed some attention.  Since it was just ready for a service, I started working through the service: fluids, valve adj, carb balance etc. At the same time I picked up a Mistral conical slipon which I mounted.   Woke the bike up big time, but idle and low speed went to hell and lots of off throttle popping.  I brought up Guzzidiag and set the TPS and CO trim, which helped a bit. Did a canister-ectomy which help hot engine idle.    I then decided to put the dbkiller in, which softened throttle response across the whole range.  Time for a new map...

I asked Beetle if he had a map that might work and he provided me with a Agostini with dbkiller map  to try out.  After some fits and starts (oh, you need to reset the learning parameters!)   i got the new map loaded,  TPS and CO trim set and headed out for a ride.   WOW what a difference - pulls like a locomotive across the rpm/gear range, no popping when backing off the throttle, idles nicely (if a bit high).  

Thanks Beetle for the map, and everyone here for all the great info and advice on the site.  On to drive shaft and swing arm greasing....

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
DungeonMaster
GRiSO
GRiSO
DungeonMaster

PostSubject: Re: Setting up my G11 with Mistral   Setting up my G11 with Mistral Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 08, 2015 2:53 pm

Time for Empire Grade!!
Drop the triple clamps to 6th line first.
Back to top Go down
fredfrenzy
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
fredfrenzy

PostSubject: Re: Setting up my G11 with Mistral   Setting up my G11 with Mistral Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 08, 2015 3:10 pm

DungeonMaster wrote:
Time for Empire Grade!!
Drop the triple clamps to 6th line first.

I dropped them shortly after I got the bike - big, big difference. Holds the line now in those tight curves.

Did the run up to Alice (starting at Empire Grade) last weekend after loading the map! Great run (and 35mpg on a 100mile loop)

barry
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Setting up my G11 with Mistral   Setting up my G11 with Mistral Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Setting up my G11 with Mistral
Page 1 of 1