GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Hello from the far east

Go down 
+7
DungeonMaster
Ad B
Steak
beetle
markscura
Pete Roper
Phang
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Phang
Biondino
Biondino
Phang

Hello from the far east Empty
PostSubject: Hello from the far east   Hello from the far east Icon_minitime1Sat Nov 23, 2013 6:00 am

Pete pointed this new forum to me yesterday, lots of familiar names here cheers 

I have two geese at the moment, one is an old 1973 junk and the other one is a MY2009 G8VSE.

I live and work in Singapore since 1999, started riding again in 2006.

The total number of Moto Guzzi in this tiny tropical island is 55 out of 154,000 motorcycles as of November 2013, about 1 guzzi in 28,000 motorcycles of other brands. Mostly are post 2005 Piaggio bikes, a few V11, 1100, two V10, and one daytona.

We have five 1100 GRiSO and three 8V GRiSO (1 white, my Greenie and one Tenni hanging on the dealer's wall), that makes GRiSO the best selling CARC bike here following by Stelvio.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the far east   Hello from the far east Icon_minitime1Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:46 pm

Welcome to the Ghetto. Its a bit slow here sometimes but at least we don't get told how awful our bikes are every five minutes by people ossified in the dark ages! Very Happy

Pete
Back to top Go down
markscura
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
markscura

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the far east   Hello from the far east Icon_minitime1Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:39 pm

Hi I have a new 8v se myself. In 34 years of riding Guzzis this is definately in my eyes anyway the finest bike they have made. I also have a Daytona racing which I love.
Welcome ! Mark.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the far east   Hello from the far east Icon_minitime1Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:51 pm

Hola Phang!

We speak GRiSO here! Enjoy!

cheers 

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the far east   Hello from the far east Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:49 pm

Welcome to the Ghetto Phang!

Your participation is encouraged, the more we participate, the better the content.

- Steak

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
Phang
Biondino
Biondino
Phang

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the far east   Hello from the far east Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:57 pm

Thanks guys.

It is the niche of the niche of the niche, likely won't be as chatty as other discussion boards but I reckoned most members will stay here for a long time as Guzzi, particularlly GRiSO owners tend to cling on their bike relatively longer than other models/makes.

Phang
Back to top Go down
Ad B
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Ad B

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the far east   Hello from the far east Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:40 pm

Hi friend Phang,

You have found your way uphere also...cheers
Nice.
Strange bike gear you all wear in that part of the world...
A suit and tie...??? Shocked 
Clean look... flower 

Ad B

ha ha, nice to use your Mandello picture Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Phang
Biondino
Biondino
Phang

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the far east   Hello from the far east Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:48 pm

Hi Ad B, nice to see you here too.

The tie and suit thing was a ride called "Distinguished Gentelman's Ride" two months ago.

I won't do it again next year, it was horrible for both me and the GRiSO. Sweat went into my eyes through soaked eye brows and the riding pace was too slow for an air-cooled big twins.

Phang
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the far east   Hello from the far east Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:05 am

Phang wrote:
GRiSO owners tend to cling on their bike relatively longer than other models/makes.
Yes. They'll have to pry mine from my cold, dead hands. Preferably after several million kilometres. Twisted Evil 

cheers 
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the far east   Hello from the far east Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:08 am

Yeah, but you're weird! Very Happy

Pete
Back to top Go down
DungeonMaster
GRiSO
GRiSO
DungeonMaster

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the far east   Hello from the far east Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:58 am

Gentleman's ride?
Suit? Tie?
That's kind of normal for me
Well, not the suit but the button up shirt and tie; yes.  Smile
If the worst should come to pass I am going to go out looking good.

Pete, ya did it again.

DungeonMaster
Back to top Go down
Landman
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Landman

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the far east   Hello from the far east Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:21 am

Pete Roper wrote:
Yeah, but you're weird! Very Happy

Pete
Who isn't weird around here?Cool 

Welcome aboard Phang
Back to top Go down
TalkingGriso
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
TalkingGriso

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the far east   Hello from the far east Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:40 am

Hi Phang, fellow GRiSO-ist! I was following your "old 1973" junk thread over at that other board... um, wow! Clearly the Guzzi bug has bitten you hard!

Beautiful SE, by the way. Way to represent!
Back to top Go down
Phang
Biondino
Biondino
Phang

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the far east   Hello from the far east Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:14 am

GRiSOs d'Oriente cheers 

Apparently I am the only registered member from this region for the time being, thanks for dedicating a colour for Guzzi desert.

Besides the eight GRiSOs in Singapore, I know they are a couples in Malaysia, one or two in Taiwan, and a handful in Japan. Not sure about Hong Kong, China, South Korea, The Philippines, Thailand etc.
Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the far east   Hello from the far east Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:27 pm

Welcome Phang. cheers 

I was invited in a similar ride here in Orlando in the middle of Summer... All dressed up deal etc...
I told them to go right ahead and don't wait for me. lol.
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the far east   Hello from the far east Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:34 pm

Phang wrote:
GRiSOs d'Oriente cheers 

Apparently I am the only registered member from this region for the time being, thanks for dedicating a colour for Guzzi desert.

Besides the eight GRiSOs in Singapore, I know they are a couples in Malaysia, one or two in Taiwan, and a handful in Japan. Not sure about Hong Kong, China, South Korea, The Philippines, Thailand etc.

You need to recruit some of your GRiSO neighbors to fill out your ghetto! I'd have lumped you in to Australasia, but those would be some tough cabals!

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
Phang
Biondino
Biondino
Phang

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the far east   Hello from the far east Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:15 am

Steak wrote:
You need to recruit some of your GRiSO neighbors to fill out your ghetto!  I'd have lumped you in to Australasia, but those would be some tough cabals!

I'll try my best but usually riders here are rather low key especially when it comes to international forum discussion. I am sure some are following the topics but preferred to remain anonymous.

Is Porterhouse your other nickname? I had Morten's Porterhouse steak during the weekend, best cut I ever had  Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the far east   Hello from the far east Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:59 am

Phang, Jude and I hooked up last time we flew back from Europe and he gave us a great guided tour of Singapore's 'Downtown. We hadn't been to Singapore since '87 I think! My its changed! Very Happy he keeps threatening to come out to Oz for a visit and he's more than welcome to our beach house which would be an ideal base, (The offer is also open to other Ghetto Dwellers if they ever get here!) and we could have a Cabal of two at least!

Pete
Back to top Go down
Uzidzit
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Uzidzit

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the far east   Hello from the far east Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:32 pm

Phang wrote:
Steak wrote:
You need to recruit some of your GRiSO neighbors to fill out your ghetto!  I'd have lumped you in to Australasia, but those would be some tough cabals!

I'll try my best but usually riders here are rather low key especially when it comes to international forum discussion. I am sure some are following the topics but preferred to remain anonymous.

Is Porterhouse your other nickname? I had Morten's Porterhouse steak during the weekend, best cut I ever had  Thumbs Up

off topic but yeah it is "THE" cut of the bovine the Porterhouse is the T-bone and Fillet, get this cut aged right from a proper finished Steer and ya got something special :-P
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the far east   Hello from the far east Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Hello from the far east
Page 1 of 1