GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

New member. East Sussex. UK

Go down 
+3
MalG
Papa Lazarou
Humble1200
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Humble1200
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Humble1200

New member. East Sussex. UK Empty
PostSubject: New member. East Sussex. UK   New member. East Sussex. UK Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:08 am

Just thought I would say hello. Bought my 1200 GRiSO new in 2016.
Best bike I have owned. Looking to service all at 6k. No problems with the servicing myself but could do with a bit of advice getting the right Guzzidiag and cables etc for my laptop to rest the TPS. Slightly reluctant to balance the throttle bodies at 6k as it runs so well.

I used to have a fuel compensator on my Cali that made it run so well. Finbau I think it was called, not sure if these are still available, if so I'd like something like that for the mapping as it made so much difference. Standard map sems OK though. Getting about 35mpg.

Any advice welcome. I'm sure I will be able to add something of benefit at some stage.

Kind regards.
Back to top Go down
Papa Lazarou
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Papa Lazarou

PostSubject: Re: New member. East Sussex. UK   New member. East Sussex. UK Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:51 am

welcome-I'm not far from you

try a Beetle map
Back to top Go down
Humble1200
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Humble1200

PostSubject: Re: New member. East Sussex. UK   New member. East Sussex. UK Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:03 am

Thanks very much. Mine's a Diablo Rosso....
Back to top Go down
MalG
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
MalG

PostSubject: Re: New member. East Sussex. UK   New member. East Sussex. UK Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:50 am

Finebau Forge made the Corsa Corta spoofer - not to be contemplated, avoid like the plague - people who know will on later to dissuade you from using that thing, or anything like it. With Guzzidiag & a decent map, you'll be sweet.
Back to top Go down
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

PostSubject: Re: New member. East Sussex. UK   New member. East Sussex. UK Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:29 pm

Welcome....MalG is right finebau just doesn't work at all for GRiSO 8V (I threw it away in the end & did Beetle map) and it doesn't change the mapping, just fools the inputs to standard which learning parameters will quickly also unfool (whilst throwing service warnings & going to limp mode for lambda output range !!)....and if it already runs so well, why are you even thinking about fitting one ??

Not sure why you wouldn't check cylinder balance anyway - If the cylinder balance is already perfect then vacuum gauges/manometer/whatever will just confirm no need to adjust throttle bodies.

You've probably read here the list of 'must-do' stuff for all Grisos so you'll need to think about greasing swing arm bearings, greasing front head bearings, etc
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: New member. East Sussex. UK   New member. East Sussex. UK Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:51 pm

Finebau is an air temperature signal fooler I believe? That being the case refer to Paul's post. Worthless POS sold by goons who don't know what they are playing with.

As stated while it may run OK confirming the TB tune can do no harm. Simply check the air bleeds for a start. If both of them are open then it ain't tuned right.
Back to top Go down
Humble1200
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Humble1200

PostSubject: Re: New member. East Sussex. UK   New member. East Sussex. UK Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:21 pm

Thanks All. I'm sure I will get around to all the service items plus the additional greasing of the swinging arm and head bearings in due course. I need to do some reading on the Guzzidiag etc as i'm not really used to plugging bikes into laptops. All will become evident in time i'm sure.

Regards
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: New member. East Sussex. UK   New member. East Sussex. UK Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:55 pm

Welcome to the Ghetto, Humble!

Pete (Street)

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
finsbury
Montanarolo
Montanarolo

PostSubject: Re: New member. East Sussex. UK   New member. East Sussex. UK Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 20, 2019 2:47 am

Welcome to the Ghetto Smile
Back to top Go down

New member. East Sussex. UK
Page 1 of 1