GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Autobahn Speed

Go down 
+5
Grisonut
jomartijr
f-man
Blue
Duquois
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Duquois
Carlotto
Carlotto
Duquois

Autobahn Speed Empty
PostSubject: Autobahn Speed   Autobahn Speed Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:23 pm

About 5 years ago I was riding my 8v GRiSO on an Autobahn in Germany returning from the Kupferpaste Rally (worth a visit) and big Mercs BMWs & Audis etc were flying past at warp speed.
As there were no speed limits on that section I thought it would be rude not to see what mine would do with the throttle pinned open.
The photo shows what it managed. Now I know that the speed shown will be optimistic, but I don't think an indicated 147mph (235kmh) is too shabby for an air/oil cooled twin.
The bike also had full panniers and camping kit on the back! Anyone done better/higher?
Cheers
Andrew
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]" />
Back to top Go down
Blue
Nibbio
Nibbio
Blue

Autobahn Speed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Autobahn Speed   Autobahn Speed Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:45 pm

All of that in neutral with the footstand down and still managing to lean over and take a photo. You are epic!!!!

Personally, 60mph is my limit................

I think Sidrat got a reading of 187mph but that was just the bikes speedo goading him to try it!!!

Just shows the beasty can hustle on a bit when asked. Cool
Back to top Go down
f-man
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
f-man

Autobahn Speed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Autobahn Speed   Autobahn Speed Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:57 pm

I think the speedo is realy a little bit optimistic.

But, for a couple of weeks i noticed 239 km/h or 148 mph on it when i gave GRiSO the berries between two Autobahn exits. Guess the rear tyre is slipping at high revs.

Sven
Back to top Go down
jomartijr
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
jomartijr

Autobahn Speed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Autobahn Speed   Autobahn Speed Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:22 pm

I saw 80 the other day in a moment of wild abandon...
Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

Autobahn Speed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Autobahn Speed   Autobahn Speed Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:43 am

At that speed, take about 8mph off and you'll get your real speed.
I did push my 09 once (had the 68s map in it) at 145 indicated by my GPS... Not bad I thought but I did lose on of the "Moto Guzzi" logo thingy that goes on the spark plug cap cover.
Vibrated off I guess... LOL.
Back to top Go down
keenerkeen07
Nibbio
Nibbio
keenerkeen07

Autobahn Speed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Autobahn Speed   Autobahn Speed Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:27 am

well when you think about it... 135+ mph is pretty dam fast for a flying brick Wink
Back to top Go down
Charlie J
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
Charlie J

Autobahn Speed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Autobahn Speed   Autobahn Speed Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:23 am

NOT a flying brick. That was a Bavarian contraption that didn't have tits, saggy or otherwise
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

Autobahn Speed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Autobahn Speed   Autobahn Speed Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:03 am

If we had autobahns, I'd give it a go. Hang on, we don't even have proper roads over here - more like well dressed goat tracks if you are lucky, usually of lesser quality though. See Ghezzi's pictures for a good example of some well maintained goat track...
Back to top Go down

Autobahn Speed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Autobahn Speed   Autobahn Speed Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:09 am

Have a QLD Cabal and I'll take you over the "Melon Patch", you will lose fillings, ya wooden leg and glass eye.

You'll be pissing blood and crying for your mother, saying "Fuck Off Bloke, I wont have another"
Back to top Go down
Fissionmaker
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Fissionmaker

Autobahn Speed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Autobahn Speed   Autobahn Speed Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:31 am

Please toggle your temp display to Fahrenheit to be consistent with your Imperial speed . . . But a great run all the same. I wouldn't venture it though unless very high fences lined the roadway.  Potential impact with straying creature would be a non-starter for me.
Back to top Go down
keenerkeen07
Nibbio
Nibbio
keenerkeen07

Autobahn Speed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Autobahn Speed   Autobahn Speed Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:53 am

keenerkeen07 wrote:
well when you think about it... 135+ mph is pretty dam fast for a flying brick Wink

i stand corrected.......not a flying brick Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Duquois
Carlotto
Carlotto
Duquois

Autobahn Speed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Autobahn Speed   Autobahn Speed Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:14 am

Fissionmaker wrote:
Please toggle your temp display to Fahrenheit to be consistent with your Imperial speed . . . But a great run all the same. I wouldn't venture it though unless very high fences lined the roadway.  Potential impact with straying creature would be a non-starter for me.

I'm too young to have learned about Fahrenheit...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Autobahn Speed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Autobahn Speed   Autobahn Speed Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Autobahn Speed
Page 1 of 1