GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

My introduction of my GRiSO and me

Go down 
+9
The Saint
bioman
akshaydeo
Laker
f-man
bobbyfromnc
NorthernProducer
Blue
ervine
13 posters
AuthorMessage
ervine
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
ervine

My introduction of my GRiSO and me Empty
PostSubject: My introduction of my GRiSO and me   My introduction of my GRiSO and me Icon_minitime1Thu May 14, 2015 7:25 am

Hi all,

after reading and registering for this forum, I found some time to write an introduction as well. My name is Erwin, I live in the Netherlands, and am working in the IT business as a systems engineer.

I am a GRiSO owner since (april) 2006, so I am driving it for some 9 years now. It is a black one. In the meantime the odometer reads about 67.000 km (between 40K and 45K miles), and together with my GRiSO I visited a lot of countries in mainly mid and southern Europe. Without any problems at all, so so much for italian bikes not being dependable (before the GRiSO I rode a California a.o., also without any stress for ~40K km). The bike is mainly used for camping trips, so it had to act like a packed mule as well ;-)

I mady some modifications on the bike, like:
- Muffler from Quat-D
- Tail tidy
- Levers from MG-Biketec
- Hyperpro suspension
- Heated grips from coolride ([You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
- R&R Oil temp gauge
- Hazard lights circuit
- Garmin Zumo 590 navi
- Switched off the lambda using GuzziDiag (great tool!)

Furthermore the bike has some factory options like:
- Luggage rack
- Panniers
- Small windscreen
- small and large tankbag, which I choose dependant on (the length of) the trip

Especially the Hyperpro suspension was a good investment, the bike gives much more feedback, and is much more stable in corners.

Anyways, always nice to see that such a great bike has a fancommunity!

Cheers,
Erwin
Back to top Go down
Blue
Nibbio
Nibbio
Blue

PostSubject: Re: My introduction of my GRiSO and me   My introduction of my GRiSO and me Icon_minitime1Thu May 14, 2015 8:27 am

Hello and welcome to the Ghetto from me.cheers  Nice to hear about the high mileage and long ownership.

Hazard light circuit is a good idea on a bike. My old bike had them and I used them to warn others of horses or other problems I had passed on the road etc. I wonder why more manufacturers don't have them as standard? I guess in Italy maybe the hazard is normally the GRiSO? Very Happy

Last edited by Blue on Thu May 14, 2015 8:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
NorthernProducer
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
NorthernProducer

PostSubject: Re: My introduction of my GRiSO and me   My introduction of my GRiSO and me Icon_minitime1Thu May 14, 2015 8:34 am

Welcome, Erwin!
Back to top Go down
bobbyfromnc
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
bobbyfromnc

PostSubject: Re: My introduction of my GRiSO and me   My introduction of my GRiSO and me Icon_minitime1Thu May 14, 2015 8:52 am

Welcome!
Back to top Go down
f-man
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
f-man

PostSubject: Re: My introduction of my GRiSO and me   My introduction of my GRiSO and me Icon_minitime1Thu May 14, 2015 9:26 am

Welcome to the ghetto!

Sven
Back to top Go down
Laker
Biondino
Biondino
Laker

PostSubject: Re: My introduction of my GRiSO and me   My introduction of my GRiSO and me Icon_minitime1Thu May 14, 2015 11:04 am

Glad to have you with us Erwin and let us see some pictures of your cool GRiSO! Smile
Back to top Go down
akshaydeo
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
akshaydeo

PostSubject: Re: My introduction of my GRiSO and me   My introduction of my GRiSO and me Icon_minitime1Thu May 14, 2015 11:37 am

Hello Erwin,

Welcome to the forum. Good to know you are from the Netherlands as well.

Where did you buy your bike from ? TLM?

Regards,
Akshay
Back to top Go down
bioman
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bioman

PostSubject: Re: My introduction of my GRiSO and me   My introduction of my GRiSO and me Icon_minitime1Thu May 14, 2015 1:35 pm

Welcome to the Ghetto!! Please show us a picture of your bike!
Back to top Go down
The Saint
Biondino
Biondino
The Saint

PostSubject: Re: My introduction of my GRiSO and me   My introduction of my GRiSO and me Icon_minitime1Thu May 14, 2015 4:20 pm

Welcome Erwin. Both my '94 NSR and '03 R1 had hazard lights, but I don't remember any of my normal road bikes having them. Good idea.
Back to top Go down
Josh.C
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Josh.C

PostSubject: Re: My introduction of my GRiSO and me   My introduction of my GRiSO and me Icon_minitime1Thu May 14, 2015 6:07 pm

Welcome Erwin.

The heated grips from Coolride look interesting. Would you recommend them? What setup to you have and are you using the original handlebar and grips?
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: My introduction of my GRiSO and me   My introduction of my GRiSO and me Icon_minitime1Thu May 14, 2015 6:19 pm

Welcome.

Got Pics?

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
ervine
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
ervine

PostSubject: Re: My introduction of my GRiSO and me   My introduction of my GRiSO and me Icon_minitime1Fri May 29, 2015 5:19 am

Thanks for the warm welcome! Sorry for my late answers, I am busy relocating (I bought a new house with a large shed ;-) )

Now to the questions some of you had: I bought the bike not at TLM but at Motorservice Twente in Rijssen, the Netherlands. It is since then my dealer of choice, I also bought my wife's Stelvio there. He has a smaller, but therefore (imho) more personal dealership, and knows his Guzzi stuff.

As to the coolride gripheating:

I have the older version of the Coolride PCU-5TC controller, and needed an extra relais to switch power only when the engine was running (I hooked the relais up to the headlight circuit). The newer ones have electronics onboard that detect if the dynamo is delivering power, so the engine is running. You can hook these ones up direct to the battery.

I have the deluxe version, with temperature compensation and the touch sensor. You hardly can see that a heating system is mounted. It looks nice and clean.

From a performance point of view, I installed them in the standard GRiSO handlebars and grips, and the system works perfectly. In position 5 my hands are almost cooking ;-) I had to drill out the bar ends though.

So all in all I am very satisfied with the solution. So much, that I also built it on my Stelvio.
Please let me know if you need more information.

I can post some pictures, also from the installation of the Coolride installation, but I first need to figure out how that works ;-)

Cheers,
Erwin
Back to top Go down
Josh.C
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Josh.C

PostSubject: Re: My introduction of my GRiSO and me   My introduction of my GRiSO and me Icon_minitime1Fri May 29, 2015 7:07 am

Thanks Erwin. That is a good review. I think their idea is clever and allows for different options with the choice of handlebars and grips.

Bigger shed, more bikes?
Back to top Go down
Grisodude
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Grisodude

PostSubject: Re: My introduction of my GRiSO and me   My introduction of my GRiSO and me Icon_minitime1Fri May 29, 2015 4:06 pm

Hi ervine
Welcome
We a brothers mate.
Here is my 2006
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
And had a 96 Cal before the GRiSO as well.
Back to top Go down
blue thunder
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
blue thunder

PostSubject: Re: My introduction of my GRiSO and me   My introduction of my GRiSO and me Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 10, 2015 3:45 am

ervine wrote:
Hi all,
- Tail tidy
- Hazard lights circuit
Erwin
Hi Erwin,

How did you connect the hazard lights circuit? And what kind of tail tidy did you install?
Back to top Go down
http://www.tripper.be
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My introduction of my GRiSO and me   My introduction of my GRiSO and me Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

My introduction of my GRiSO and me
Page 1 of 1