GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Stelvio oil leakage

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Hybal
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Hybal

Stelvio oil leakage Empty
PostSubject: Stelvio oil leakage   Stelvio oil leakage Icon_minitime1Sun May 24, 2015 5:58 am

Hi all.
I just want to share my experience with my brand new Stelvio NTX 2014, bought two moths ago.

When I sold my Suzuki V-Strom I was thinking about new bike. I was deciding between BMW R1200GS and MG Stelvio. Finaly Stelvio was the winner sunny

I was so happy with the bike for first 1800 km. The engine was excelent until I noticed oil in my garrage just under the bike. I was so supprised - it was a new and for me very expensive bike. I could not find exact point of leakage so I took it to the service where I bought it - for warranty repair. They checked it and the leakage was found at clutch block. So the engine had to be taken out of the bike to be able find what exactly was wrong.

The problem was found at o-ring at oil supply line near of crank shaft output to clutch. The o-ring was too small or the shoulder for the o-ring was too big. I will know it on Monday.

Could you let me know if somebody of you heard about similar problem at Guzzi?
Or am I one of thousands?

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Stelvio oil leakage   Stelvio oil leakage Icon_minitime1Sun May 24, 2015 6:21 am

No, not common at all. There were a few early A5 motors back in 2008/9 that had a poorly machined rear main bearing flange and the lower two bolts holding the flange in place were too long and that caused a leak but that was all sorted many years ago. There was a service bulletin about it though with a list of things to check so make sure your dealer has a looksee on the factory service portal to make sure your bike conforms. Note also that although a gasket is still shown on the parts list it is NOT used any more on the rear main bearing flange.

Pete
Back to top Go down
Hybal
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Hybal

PostSubject: Re: Stelvio oil leakage   Stelvio oil leakage Icon_minitime1Sun May 24, 2015 6:46 am

Yes Pete, there is 8 bolts at main bearing flange and one f...ing o-ring sealing oil chanel. There is the problem.

The flange gasket was not there from the factory. And serviceman told me about some Loctite sealant to be used for reassembling procedure.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Stelvio oil leakage   Stelvio oil leakage Icon_minitime1Sun May 24, 2015 9:11 am

I use Threebond 1211 as a sealant. Make sure the oil feed dowel between the flange and the crankcase isn't too long. I've also been told, but haven't tried it, that a slightly thicker o-ring can be employed as well.

Pete
Back to top Go down
Phang
Biondino
Biondino
Phang

PostSubject: Re: Stelvio oil leakage   Stelvio oil leakage Icon_minitime1Wed May 27, 2015 1:14 am

This is like deja vu Shocked

What Pete says.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stelvio oil leakage   Stelvio oil leakage Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Stelvio oil leakage
Page 1 of 1