GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Stuck side stand?

Go down 
+3
LBC Tenni
waterbottle
Wildhenry
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Wildhenry
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Wildhenry

Stuck side stand? Empty
PostSubject: Stuck side stand?   Stuck side stand? Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 05, 2015 5:17 pm

Hi All,
Great weather here at the moment in the UK so getting out on the GRiSO as much as possible!
Tricky moment yesterday while putting the bike back in the garage, the side/kick stand got stuck in the up position.
I thought at first I had knocked it into gear so put it back into neutral ...still stuck up there!
Luckily I had the key in my pocket and fired the bike back up and put it in neutral again and it freed the stand.
Has any body else had this problem?
While on the subject of the side stand (apart from it being so far away for a short arse like me) what about that nut?
It keeps coming loose and I have to keep an eye on it and remember to keep it tightened.

Wildhenry
Back to top Go down
waterbottle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
waterbottle

Stuck side stand? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stuck side stand?   Stuck side stand? Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:55 pm

I don't think it has any mechanical interaction with anything, only the side stand switch which kills the ignition when you put the stand down when in gear, I use this feature a bit when parking on a slope leaving the bike in gear. Roll to a stop with bike in 1st gear, clutch in, side stand out , engine shuts off, clutch out - simple
Something on yours is worn to make it catch in the up position ? scratch
Back to top Go down
LBC Tenni
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
LBC Tenni

Stuck side stand? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stuck side stand?   Stuck side stand? Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:27 pm

I found mine a little loose once too. Seems like a good spot for some thread locking glue.
Back to top Go down
wardentm
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wardentm

Stuck side stand? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stuck side stand?   Stuck side stand? Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:06 am

Mines been a bit 'grinchy', this post has prompted me to have a look.
Have a great day.
Back to top Go down
bioman
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bioman

Stuck side stand? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stuck side stand?   Stuck side stand? Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:57 am

My side stand nut came off a few weeks ago (or much longer ago, but I only discovered it a few weeks ago). Bought a new one and it was an easy fix. Only problem is that I tightened it perhaps a bit too much (to prevent the new one from loosening and dropping off) so now the side stand needs a bit more force to go out.
Back to top Go down
Guzzi Two Shoes
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Guzzi Two Shoes

Stuck side stand? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stuck side stand?   Stuck side stand? Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:49 pm

Definitely sounds like something's catching on your stand somewhere. It definitely doesn't have a safety "lock" to keep it up or down.
I found the big nut on the stand was only finger tight a while ago, Have used a dollop of threadlock on it.
Also, have just ordered the rubber shim that goes under sticking out out bit on the stand that you push with your boot. Has been wobbly as hell for ages.
Enjoy the weather, it will be winter again sooner than you expect!!
Back to top Go down
Wildhenry
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Wildhenry

Stuck side stand? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stuck side stand?   Stuck side stand? Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:31 pm

Thanks all.

Now I know it's not a 'cut out' safety switch issue I'll have a look to see what could have snagged it.
(it really was well and truly stuck,I put my full weight on it to try to get it down!)

Cheers,
Wildhenry.
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

Stuck side stand? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stuck side stand?   Stuck side stand? Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:06 am

A good nut for this application is a "NyLok" type - just tighten it till everything still works, then forget - no loctite or other stuff needed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Stuck side stand? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stuck side stand?   Stuck side stand? Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Stuck side stand?
Page 1 of 1