GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

GRiSO exhaust

Go down 
+2
Pete Roper
king Rich
6 posters
AuthorMessage
king Rich
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
king Rich

GRiSO exhaust Empty
PostSubject: GRiSO exhaust   GRiSO exhaust Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:30 am

thinking about purchasing this. thoughts? reading other threads sounds like re mapping is not so hard.
exhaust
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

GRiSO exhaust Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO exhaust   GRiSO exhaust Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:42 am

It's not the re-mapping that I think will be the issue. It's the effect it will have on the engine's VE and I don't think it will be good.

Pete
Back to top Go down
sidrat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sidrat

GRiSO exhaust Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO exhaust   GRiSO exhaust Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:56 am

nice looking exhaust though Very Happy
Back to top Go down
king Rich
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
king Rich

GRiSO exhaust Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO exhaust   GRiSO exhaust Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:05 am

Pete Roper wrote:
It's not the re-mapping that I think will be the issue. It's the effect it will have on the engine's VE and I don't think it will be good.

Pete

What's "VE"? thanks.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

GRiSO exhaust Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO exhaust   GRiSO exhaust Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:55 am

Volumetric Efficiency

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

GRiSO exhaust Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO exhaust   GRiSO exhaust Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:22 am

Which is the ability of the cylinder to minimise it's pressure differential between the *Outside* and the *Inside* of the engine.

Everything is happening very, very fast when an engine is pumping, it's not like those gifs that illustrate how the four stroke cycle works. There are many factors that are affected but it all comes down to physics. Stuff, (Like air.) has mass. To get it moving needs energy. There is only limited energy available by air pressure which is a result of gravity. That pressure is a constant. (At any given altitude.) which means that the faster an engine runs the less time there is for air to be pushed into the combustion chamber/cylinder.

The thing is that by manipulation of the lengths and volumes of the inlet and exhaust tracts you can change the points at which and times at which the engine will have the best overall VE. Our experience is that short pipes, due to the harmonics, (Another area.) don't work with the 8V due to a number of factors within the engine design. If you go with something like the ipothesis design you can probably get it to work, sort of, but it won't work as well as it could unless you start playing with far more complex factors like cam timing and lift and tract sizes and volumes.

Pete
Back to top Go down
Lemppari
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Lemppari

GRiSO exhaust Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO exhaust   GRiSO exhaust Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 23, 2015 5:32 am

So, VE-wise this would be wise? Smile :

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Daves-i-Know
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Daves-i-Know

GRiSO exhaust Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO exhaust   GRiSO exhaust Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:32 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I have had this Agostini on for three years now and absolutely love it.
Sounds awesome and performance pick up is great. Pricey but worth every penny.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

GRiSO exhaust Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO exhaust   GRiSO exhaust Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

GRiSO exhaust
Page 1 of 1