GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Another Example of Rubbish Reporting - GRiSO review

Go down 
+4
Lenz9753
Tolle09
wardentm
frypan
8 posters
AuthorMessage
frypan
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
frypan

Another Example of Rubbish Reporting - GRiSO review Empty
PostSubject: Another Example of Rubbish Reporting - GRiSO review   Another Example of Rubbish Reporting - GRiSO review Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:45 pm

What experience do you need to write a motorcycle review? Apparently none in India.
How's this useful bit of information for an example: (Sorry had to add this back in as it dropped off in original post)

The only thing one has to get used to is the gyroscopic action created by the longitudinally placed big bore twin-cylinder engine. The gyroscopic action is further enhanced by the turning action of the heavy flywheel. Basically what happens as a result of this is that the bike wants to drop into left turns and stands up when going into right-handers when you open the throttle. wrote:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I was always under the impression it was the reverse. Rolling Eyes  My bike practically slaps into the pavement when I blip the throttle at a stop sign. Rolling Eyes

Last edited by frypan on Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:30 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
wardentm
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wardentm

PostSubject: Re: Another Example of Rubbish Reporting - GRiSO review   Another Example of Rubbish Reporting - GRiSO review Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:04 pm

Last year I did a tour of the Royal Enfield factory in Chennai
I can tell you that nothing would surprise me of what they say .....
What they say does not generally equate to what you see ...
I am not saying that they are liars but just that they see it and describe it differently to us.
They lack attention to detail and as far as QA and QC is concerned they have a long way to go.
Keep smilin
Caoi
Back to top Go down
frypan
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
frypan

PostSubject: Re: Another Example of Rubbish Reporting - GRiSO review   Another Example of Rubbish Reporting - GRiSO review Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:40 pm

Weird! the link and quote were dropped twice on my original post????

Speaking of Royal Enfield's I was on a ride last year and a fellow had a get off on his new Royal Enfield. It hit a barrier at rather low speed, maybe 10 mph. The bike was a total write off. The front "aluminium" hub broke into pieces on the hub flange at the spoke holes yet the rim only had a minor dent. The axle mounting bosses broke off the front forks and the fork tubes bent like cheese. There was a minor scrap on the clutch cover yet it cracked and sheared the attaching screws. The guy walked away with minor scratches but the bike was going straight into the bin.
Back to top Go down
Tolle09
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Tolle09

PostSubject: Re: Another Example of Rubbish Reporting - GRiSO review   Another Example of Rubbish Reporting - GRiSO review Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:47 pm

Maybe they are cleverer than we think and build in crumple zones geek
Back to top Go down
Lenz9753
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Lenz9753

PostSubject: Re: Another Example of Rubbish Reporting - GRiSO review   Another Example of Rubbish Reporting - GRiSO review Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:25 am

When my 2010 CARC 1200 8V GRiSO is stationary with the engine running, a torque reaction is evident when the throttle is "blipped" however when the bike is travelling there is no discernible torque reaction. A cursory examination of video featuring this bike in left and right curves would show the same neutral handling / throttle reaction.

Perhaps the Indian reviewer should actually ride a CARC equipped Moto Guzzi instead of plagiarising the much earlier reports by others.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Another Example of Rubbish Reporting - GRiSO review   Another Example of Rubbish Reporting - GRiSO review Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:35 am

(Yawn!) you can't wheelie shaft drive bikes either..... Rolling Eyes scratch

Pete
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another Example of Rubbish Reporting - GRiSO review   Another Example of Rubbish Reporting - GRiSO review Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:05 am

That bullshit was written buy some dumb arsed journo way back last century when I was just a we slip of a lad, reading up on a MK 1 Le Mans in my English class I was. Failed my exam on some bloke who used to shake his spear. ???

Anyhow, later as a young man on a Mk 111 I used to take pillions around a very large round-a-bout, scraping pegs and wrenching the throttle open, then closed and open again, just to prove the point.

Hasn't stopped the current crop of liars .................. I don't buy magazines anymore.
Back to top Go down
frypan
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
frypan

PostSubject: Re: Another Example of Rubbish Reporting - GRiSO review   Another Example of Rubbish Reporting - GRiSO review Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:40 am

This just out! Unbelievable News!!!!!!

Buried in the documents leaked by Edward Snowden is a top secret file from the MSW (Mandello Skunk Works) better known as the Salami cellars. According to these documents Guzzi has known for some time about the significant torque reaction of the V-twins. Factory documents state that the power of Guzzi  engines have had to limited to keep this problem in check. They were well aware that this torque reaction could potentially injure tens if not hundreds of unsuspecting Guzzi riders.  
Even with this knowledge a crack team of the most brilliant Guzzi engineers went ahead and began designing a 200+ HP version of the 8V engine to be used in a top secret project preparing an entry to the 2016 WSB competition.   During preliminary testing, the tester being non-other than Max Biaggi, concern was paramount on the violent torque reaction that the 200+ HP engine would unleash. Apparently on a spirited test ride by Max, he cracked the throttle coming out of a corner and the bike launched into the air violently doing  a 360 degree spin on the motor’s axis luckily landing back on its tires. Max was none too happy and said the bike was unrideable in its present form.

The engineers worked diligently and came up with a counter rotating flywheel made of, a special grade of Mozzarella cheese. This patent pending design was brilliant in that the stretchy mozzarella would expand in diameter at higher revs to move its mass outward thereby countering the violent torque reaction as the power increased with RPM.  The revised engine was put back in the test bike and within just a few laps Biaggi was close to laying down WSB beating times. It looked like the famed Flying Eagle would be tearing up the WSB circuit putting Guzzi back in the racing spotlight.
Then disaster struck. It seemed that this special cheese blend emitted a very particular odour that attracted mice, hordes of them in fact. The mice would get into the flywheel housing and nibble at the cheese thereby throwing the counter rotating cheese wheel out of balance. As hard as the MSW engineers tried to keep the mice out they could not. The race bike was covered in mice desperately trying to get at that cheese, and in that process they ate everything in their path, the wiring, the seat and even the tires. The engineers tried everything they could to repel the mice but in the end it proved futile and the project was shelved. That was a sad day.

So it looks like those Indian Guzzi testers were right. Go figure?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another Example of Rubbish Reporting - GRiSO review   Another Example of Rubbish Reporting - GRiSO review Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:03 pm

Hey Frypan, when are you throwing your hat in the ring for the presidency?
Back to top Go down
frypan
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
frypan

PostSubject: Re: Another Example of Rubbish Reporting - GRiSO review   Another Example of Rubbish Reporting - GRiSO review Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:15 pm

Well Wayne the problem lies in that I am missing a critical component to being a politician.... I don't believe in my bullshit whereas politicians not only believe in their bullshit, they like to sniff and and roll around in it too. Wink
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: Another Example of Rubbish Reporting - GRiSO review   Another Example of Rubbish Reporting - GRiSO review Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:29 pm

+1 Frypan!

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
Blue
Nibbio
Nibbio
Blue

PostSubject: Re: Another Example of Rubbish Reporting - GRiSO review   Another Example of Rubbish Reporting - GRiSO review Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:32 am

Very Happy Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
sidrat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sidrat

PostSubject: Re: Another Example of Rubbish Reporting - GRiSO review   Another Example of Rubbish Reporting - GRiSO review Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 30, 2015 2:56 am

Lenz9753 wrote:
When my 2010 CARC 1200 8V GRiSO is stationary with the engine running, a torque reaction is evident when the throttle is "blipped" however when the bike is travelling there is no discernible torque reaction. A cursory examination of video featuring this bike in left and right curves would show the same neutral handling / throttle reaction.

Perhaps the Indian reviewer should actually ride a CARC equipped Moto Guzzi instead of plagiarising the much earlier reports by others.

What he says!

I would also add that the CARC, would change anyones mind away from a chain driven bike, it really is superb.
Back to top Go down
frypan
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
frypan

PostSubject: Re: Another Example of Rubbish Reporting - GRiSO review   Another Example of Rubbish Reporting - GRiSO review Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:12 am

Perhaps the Indian reviewer should actually ride a CARC equipped Moto Guzzi instead of plagiarising the much earlier reports by others. wrote:

Maybe my senses are a bit dull but I have a spine frame Le Mans and an old Eldo with original shocks and fork oil (which means there isn't any oil in either) and I do not sense any tendency for any of these bikes to fling themselves up or down in a corner with throttle movement. I ride that Eldo to the point where if anything can be ground it is, usually to the point of lifting the rear tire up. The noise and sparks scares the shit out of the sportie bike guys I ride with. Twisted Evil If that old Eldo lump with a flywheel that weighs as much as a 57 Chevy doesn't fling itself side to side while riding I'm pretty sure any other Guzzi ain't going to do it. Mind you it is the Guzzi that has the most propensity to give a bit of a torque reaction at a standstill. Even then it is mild at best.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Another Example of Rubbish Reporting - GRiSO review   Another Example of Rubbish Reporting - GRiSO review Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:45 am

sidrat wrote:

I would also add that the CARC, would change anyones mind away from a chain driven bike, it really is superb.

The reactive drive has no effect on the torque reaction of the spinning crank but, like others, I have never thought that noticeable once moving above walking pace.

The huge advantage of the reactive drive is that it virtually eliminates the effects of extension and compression of the rear suspension during acceleration and deceleration as the pinion tries to climb up or drop down the crownwheel. By using the reactive bridge and torque rod to transfer these forces to the frame rather than making the swingarm do it the drive and suspension are effectively separated meaning the suspension will continue to work regardless of what you do with the throttle!

A shaft drive bike is never going to have the suspension compliance of a chain/belt drive machine for the simple reason it has a bloody great GEARBOX attached to the rear wheel which adds substantially to the unsprung weight but at least a reactive drive allows the suspension to try its best!

This is one of the things that infuriates me about all the Luddites who bray on about how a 'Real' Guzzi should have twin shocks. Cosmetically I can see why some people like the look but from an engineering point of view, (And in terms of actual performance!) a rising rate suspension system and a reactive drive make for an infinitely better solluion for both road holding and suspension compliance! But you can't argue with STUPID!

Pete
Back to top Go down
sidrat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sidrat

PostSubject: Re: Another Example of Rubbish Reporting - GRiSO review   Another Example of Rubbish Reporting - GRiSO review Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 30, 2015 1:12 pm

Oh and another thing Pete, it keeps the back of the bike a lot bloody cleaner!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another Example of Rubbish Reporting - GRiSO review   Another Example of Rubbish Reporting - GRiSO review Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Another Example of Rubbish Reporting - GRiSO review
Page 1 of 1