GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

More rollerising nonsense.

Go down 
+9
LBC Tenni
MVH053
waterbottle
Oz1200Guzzi
Ad B
Tolle09
Ralf z
beetle
Pete Roper
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

More rollerising nonsense. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: More rollerising nonsense.   More rollerising nonsense. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 21, 2015 5:59 pm

Oh, and it turns out the bullet wasn't dodged.

I has a few minutes today and had a really good look at the assortment of parts I'd been supplied by the clowns in Mandello and the roller tappets themselves are faulty! They are supposed to have what I can only describe as a 'Guide peg' to keep them running true in the bore of the cambox casting. The 'Peg' is not listed as a separate part, it is supposed, one assumes, to be part of the tappet.

Only the tappets I have been supplied with don't have a guide peg so there is nothing to keep them running true in the bores! Brilliant! I am so *Over* the whole stupid business. How hard can it be?

Pete
Back to top Go down
LBC Tenni
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
LBC Tenni

PostSubject: Re: More rollerising nonsense.   More rollerising nonsense. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 22, 2015 6:43 am

Sorry for your suffering Pete. It really is a wonder how a company can be so utterly inept, yet somehow manage to build such lovely bikes. Italy. Simultaneously showing us the highest peaks and lowest valleys of human achievement. Mama Mia!! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

PostSubject: Re: More rollerising nonsense.   More rollerising nonsense. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 23, 2015 12:14 am

Damn...and one wonder why dealers are bailing out.
Back to top Go down
boxerscott
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
boxerscott

PostSubject: Re: More rollerising nonsense.   More rollerising nonsense. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri May 20, 2016 10:25 am

Very Happy  So got a phone call from mark at Twiggers yesterday  "Bike is ready Chris"  WTF! I forgot I had one Surprised . 7 weeks since I dropped it in. Piaggio supported my claim. Mark supported the views expressed on here and was very helpful. £490 inc. That included a new battery. I will be picking it up in the next week or two and will show you my flatties, although there is nothing to see as they were not yet showing signs of impending doom. I think that was money well spent,peace of mind,  I thank Piaggio they have honoured their part of the deal. 8 year old bike, 5k miles, 1 prev owner. FSH (Twiggers).  However my local Guzzi dealer was not as understanding as Mark and would have skelped me for an inspection fee and then told me the engine has not failed  (which would have been factually correct). So now looking forward to my first ride and joining in a bit more with all the Bollox on here Mad

Edit.

Thanks for all the helpful (and not so helpful!) advice available on this forum.

Chris

Last edited by boxerscott on Fri May 20, 2016 10:33 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: More rollerising nonsense.   More rollerising nonsense. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri May 20, 2016 10:28 am

cheers

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
boxerscott
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
boxerscott

PostSubject: Re: More rollerising nonsense.   More rollerising nonsense. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat May 21, 2016 2:27 am

LBC Tenni wrote:
Sorry for your suffering Pete. It really is a wonder how a company can be so utterly inept, yet somehow manage to build such lovely bikes. Italy. Simultaneously showing us the highest peaks and lowest valleys of human achievement. Mama Mia!! Rolling Eyes
Yes those latinos are really crap , shit ice cream, pizzas, coffee machines, boilers, Ferraris, Lambos, Alfa Romeo, Ducatis, sparkling wine, dry cured ham, Leather hand bags, shoes, designer clothes and lastly the amazing FIat Panda 4x4 Sad
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: More rollerising nonsense.   More rollerising nonsense. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat May 21, 2016 3:28 am

Actually it turned out that the guide pegs are available as a separate part in the end, it's just they are listed nowhere near the tappets in the parts diagram!

Good news on Scott's bike and interesting that there was 'No damage' but the claim was supported. I'm thinking that despite their wriggling on the hook they may be beginning to roll over on this one. It'll depend on the shop though.

Pete
Back to top Go down
bioman
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bioman

PostSubject: Re: More rollerising nonsense.   More rollerising nonsense. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat May 21, 2016 3:41 am

boxerscott wrote:
Yes those latinos are really crap , shit ice cream, pizzas, coffee machines, boilers, Ferraris, Lambos, Alfa Romeo, Ducatis, sparkling wine, dry cured ham, Leather hand bags, shoes, designer clothes and lastly the amazing FIat Panda 4x4 Sad

You forgot the best part: the Italian movies (and their movie stars)...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
rustyrotor
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
rustyrotor

PostSubject: Re: More rollerising nonsense.   More rollerising nonsense. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun May 22, 2016 9:47 pm

Pete, because of its many niggles, and my own mechanical ponciness (no more! I bought a hammer, and I intend to use it a la Clarkson), my '09 has 3k mi, and pronounced clatter on one side. Has had one dealership valve adjustment, the first one....At that time...'10-11?...they said clearances were way off, and very different from one side to the other.

What do you recommend. I hear gossip that my local-ish dealership has found some real techs, got rid of the magpies and baboons.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: More rollerising nonsense.   More rollerising nonsense. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun May 22, 2016 10:55 pm

Don't ride it, get it inspected and rollerised. Ignoring it could cost you your motor.

Pete
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: More rollerising nonsense.   More rollerising nonsense. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

More rollerising nonsense.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2