GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Dash light red

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
WAKEY
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
WAKEY

Dash light red Empty
PostSubject: Dash light red   Dash light red Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 06, 2016 1:26 am

hi guys, i just went down to my shed to check a few things before i take the GRiSO for a run tommorow and when i started it the square section of the instrerment panal was red can some one shed some light on this for me please.
Wakey.
Back to top Go down
http://sw57@bigpond.com
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Dash light red Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dash light red   Dash light red Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 06, 2016 2:26 am

Nope. Can you post a pic?

Was there a message at the bottom of the screen? Some sort of code maybe? If so it may well be a voltage issue. Load test the battery and check the earths and battery terminals.

Pete
Back to top Go down
WAKEY
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
WAKEY

Dash light red Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dash light red   Dash light red Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 06, 2016 2:30 am

sorry pete iam not sure , ill have a look in the morning.
Back to top Go down
WAKEY
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
WAKEY

Dash light red Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dash light red   Dash light red Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 06, 2016 2:51 am

i went and had a look Pete and it says don't forget to insert user code, i think it says that all the time, not sure how to to do that so ive never botherd.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Dash light red Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dash light red   Dash light red Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 06, 2016 3:19 am

(Groan!) I'll go through that one tomorrow. It's in the book and while not vital it might leave you stuck it's useful to get it right.

Fuck me dead! It's an 1100! That means it's almost ten years old if it's a youngster! And nobody has carried out even the set-up tasks! What?? Fuck!!! Arse!!! No wonder people think Guzzis are odd!

Pete
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Dash light red Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dash light red   Dash light red Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 06, 2016 5:57 pm

OK, just to cover this again.

When the bike is first sold and put into service the message 'Don't forget to insert user code' will appear in the bottom of the dash screen. This is a five numeral number that can be chosen by the owner and is there as a security fail-safe.

The key has a chip in it that is read by the antenna that surrounds the ignition switch. This is there so that if someone tries to force the steering lock or turn the ignition on unless the chip is recognised the bike won't start. Also, if the antenna breaks for any reason and can't recognise the key it also won't start.

BUT!

As well as not starting it will prompt you to insert your 'User Code', working on the assumption that if you can do this you aren't a thief. Then it will allow the bike to start so you can get home or to your dealer or wherever to get the problem fixed.

The original, default code is 00000 but everybody and his dog knows this and as long as it isn't changed you still end up with the irritating message at the bottom of the screen every time you start the bike.

To insert your own user code you simply go into the menu and scroll to 'Change the code'. Hold the button down and a message will appear saying 'Insert new code' or some such. Use short presses of the button to choose a numeral between one and nine and then hold the button down. The cursor will then move to the next space and the operation can be repeated. Do this five times and then the screen will return to the main menu and your own secret code is stored.

Many people use the last five numbers of the VIN. I choose to use the first five numerals of my birth date as I'm unlikely to forget that. Whatever you choose, if it's not something obvious, make sure you write it down because if your antenna breaks or the ignition is damaged you won't be riding anywhere without the code. Also remember to give it to the next owner so he can change it if he wants by using either the 'Change the code' function which will prompt him/her to insert the old code before allowing a new one to be put in OR, if you have two keys, you can use the 'Code Recovery' function. With this you will be told to insert the second key within twenty seconds and when you do it will prompt you to insert a new code.

Once you have a user code inserted you won't get that annoying message at the bottom of the screen.

Pete
Back to top Go down
WAKEY
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
WAKEY

Dash light red Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dash light red   Dash light red Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 06, 2016 8:41 pm

THANKS for that Pete, i will get on it later today, the all red dash or intrerment panel was a catch for me ive never riden at knight yet on the GRiSO and the dash is red at knight and it was dark in the shed with only one light on, as soon as i push the bike out into the light today it dissapeirs so i don't have a problem as i thought i did which is good but thanks again Pete your help is epic from what ive read on this forum.

Wakey
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Dash light red Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dash light red   Dash light red Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:07 pm

This knight you were riding at? He wasnt Don Quixote was he? Very Happy

Sorry. I'll get my coat.....
Back to top Go down
MalG
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
MalG

Dash light red Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dash light red   Dash light red Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:11 pm

...... of many colours.
Back to top Go down

Dash light red Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dash light red   Dash light red Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 06, 2016 11:31 pm

.............. and from Winnie the Pooh;
Rabbit spots piglet dressed up in armour and says,
"It must be spring, the knights are getting shorter".
Back to top Go down
Belfastguzzi
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Belfastguzzi

Dash light red Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dash light red   Dash light red Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 13, 2016 1:48 pm

Very Happy It's too late for a reply now, really, but my first thought was, yes – was it at night? When the bike goes into a gloomy place, or it's out in the dark at night, the dash will light up. If that's frightening, just wait 'til you see it red – and – SERVICE screaming from it. And A red warning triangle too! That's proper scary, for the first time anyway. If you are lucky, as long as the bike is actually going, the SERVICE sign will go away after you drive a bit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dash light red Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dash light red   Dash light red Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Dash light red
Page 1 of 1