GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Horn Position

Go down 
+16
Steak
Diablo Loco
Chaipaval
Wet Coaster
boxerscott
Grisodude
waterbottle
Dilliw
odder
Oz1200Guzzi
Bulldog9
H-E-ROSS
bioman
Guzzi Cat
mark111
CBH
20 posters
AuthorMessage
CBH
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
CBH

Horn Position Empty
PostSubject: Horn Position   Horn Position Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 15, 2016 2:34 am

Just been in a tight spot where a woman in a large 4 wheeler came across my path on a roundabout. She was going straight ahead whilst I was turning right. For some strange reason she decided to take the shortest route and nearly rammed me  into the central island. Thankfully the Brembo brakes saved me. Who on earth decided the position of the horn button? Everytime I've needed to press it in a panic I've missed it. Is it me or do other GRiSO riders have the same problem? Has anyone done any form of modification where the button is easier to hit?
Back to top Go down

Horn Position Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horn Position   Horn Position Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 15, 2016 2:50 am

Same problem, and often "bip" my intention to turn instead of indicate.
The bastards swapped the position of the switches.

Only solution I can think of is find the switch off any other bike you like and swap it out.
You can pick the pins out of x brand block connector, and insert them in the Guzzi block connector.
May have to splice a few earth wires etc.
Back to top Go down
CBH
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
CBH

Horn Position Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horn Position   Horn Position Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 15, 2016 3:07 am

Yep thanks ghezzi
I'll pick some biker mates brains and see what switchgear they recommend.
Easier than having a second thumb grafted onto the back of my hand
Back to top Go down
mark111
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
mark111

Horn Position Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horn Position   Horn Position Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 15, 2016 7:04 am

Yes many times an angry turn signal has been flashed at someone who just tried to kill me, I showed them.
Back to top Go down
Guzzi Cat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Guzzi Cat

Horn Position Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horn Position   Horn Position Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 15, 2016 3:22 pm

CBH wrote:
Yep thanks ghezzi
I'll pick some biker mates brains and see what switchgear they recommend.
Easier than having a second thumb grafted onto the back of my hand

Ye the horn / indicator position can be a pain and I think lots of people think they are being beeped by some guy on a bike turning a corner that knows them and they haven't a clue who the F..k it is

The Stelvio has a nice orthodox switch set up, not sure if it would work, but is much better.
Back to top Go down

Horn Position Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horn Position   Horn Position Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 15, 2016 3:53 pm

Good to know, possibly plug and play, worth a look. Links for wiring diagrams from this site don't work.

OK. Bellagio, GRiSO 1100 and GRiSO 1200 8V all have a 9 pin plug from the left switch block, plus a 3 pin plug for the horn.
My feeble eyes tell me all the same functions and wire colours from inter web, albeit the 1200 8V was in black and white.

Stelvio has two 6 pin plugs.

Big question, can any 1100 GRiSO owner here, take a photo of your left switch block and post it up.
We need an indicator switch above the horn button.
Back to top Go down
bioman
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bioman

Horn Position Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horn Position   Horn Position Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 15, 2016 7:28 pm

ghezzi wrote:
Links for wiring diagrams from this site don't work.

Yes, I noticed that too when I looked for it last week. The pdf versions in the original site (http://www.thisoldtractor.com/guzzi007/sportissimo.html) stopped working but the gif versions still work fine: click here for the GRiSO 1100 diagram.
Back to top Go down
H-E-ROSS
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
H-E-ROSS

Horn Position Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horn Position   Horn Position Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:14 pm

When I am in town I lift my Visor so I can yell! It can be much more effective. I don't have the same problem finding my voice as I have finding that damn button!
Back to top Go down
http://h-e-ross.com
Bulldog9
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bulldog9

Horn Position Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horn Position   Horn Position Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:45 pm

I havent looked at the Left switch gear of the Stelvio, but am Assuming it is the same as the Norge and just about every Aprilia.  The only problem I would see beyond the plug and circuit matching would be the function of the onboard computer. The GRiSO only has the momentary button, while the others have a momentary toggle for forward back and momentary in. It would be interesting to see if it is compatible. My bike is too new and nice to start carving up and experimenting.

While I like the 'uniqueness' of the GRiSO controls, it is a bit odd, especially when I switch between bikes and every other motorcycle I have ever ridden has the directionals above the horn....

Last edited by Bulldog9 on Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

Horn Position Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horn Position   Horn Position Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:50 pm

You should try racing on the same day, a japanese and an old pommie bike - interesting concept when the gear lever and rear brake lever are swapped around - at least the clutch lever, the throttle and front brake lever were all the same.
Back to top Go down
odder
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
odder

Horn Position Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horn Position   Horn Position Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:25 pm

After having a few aprilias and now the GRiSO going back to standard/ujm switches I honk when turning Smile

On one of my apes I just opened the cluster and rotated it by removing the locating pin. You could also drill a new hole in the handle bar and rotate the cluster.
Back to top Go down

Horn Position Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horn Position   Horn Position Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:50 pm

I'd never really noticed this before, but managed to hit the horn three times instead of flashers whilst out today.........weird
Back to top Go down
Dilliw
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Dilliw

Horn Position Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horn Position   Horn Position Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:08 pm

First week on the GRiSO and I flashed at a guy coming into my lane!

I've been practicing a strange move with my thumb that hits the button most every time. I figure I'll just memorize this movement instead of where that crazy horn button hides.
Back to top Go down
waterbottle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
waterbottle

Horn Position Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horn Position   Horn Position Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:19 am

My 1981 Kawasaki 1100 had self cancelling indicators that were brilliant. I take a while to remember the GRiSO's don't Neutral I too have been caught by the horn- indicator swicheroony Suspect
Back to top Go down
Bulldog9
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bulldog9

Horn Position Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horn Position   Horn Position Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 19, 2016 8:14 pm

waterbottle wrote:
My 1981 Kawasaki 1100 had self cancelling indicators that were brilliant. I take a while to remember the GRiSO's don't Neutral  I too have been caught by the horn- indicator swicheroony Suspect

Yeah, my 79Yamaha XS 1100 and 78 750 both have self cancelling turn signals..... Last bikes I have owned that had them. Question
Back to top Go down
Grisodude
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Grisodude

Horn Position Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horn Position   Horn Position Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:28 am

I'm very happy with my horn position and so is my wife. Laughing
Sorry Australian humor.

Harry
Back to top Go down
boxerscott
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
boxerscott

Horn Position Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horn Position   Horn Position Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:55 am

I too have bipped my intention to turn. Funny, everyone moaned like fcuk about the independent left and right indicator switches fitted to older bmws. Seemed so logical compared with this cluster.

Chris
Back to top Go down
Wet Coaster
Carlotto
Carlotto
Wet Coaster

Horn Position Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horn Position   Horn Position Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:17 am

odder wrote:
After having a few aprilias and now the GRiSO going back to standard/ujm switches I honk when turning Smile

On one of my apes I just opened the cluster and rotated it by removing the locating pin. You could also drill a new hole in the handle bar and rotate the cluster.

After numerous honks while signalling, this is exactly what I did. Removed the locator pin and rotated the switch cluster "upwards" and now seldom miss the signal switch.
Back to top Go down
Chaipaval
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Chaipaval

Horn Position Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horn Position   Horn Position Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:06 am

Yes - agreed - wtf is going on. Shouldn't have to think to blast the retards!
Back to top Go down
Diablo Loco
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Diablo Loco

Horn Position Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horn Position   Horn Position Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 01, 2016 5:45 pm

Horn? Scream abuse. Cathartic.
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

Horn Position Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horn Position   Horn Position Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 04, 2016 2:01 pm

What's worse is that the horn/signal positions are flip flopped between the GRiSO and the Stelvio...

Call me Sibyll.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
Papa Lazarou
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Papa Lazarou

Horn Position Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horn Position   Horn Position Icon_minitime1Sat Nov 05, 2016 2:26 pm

Sibyl.
Back to top Go down
blue thunder
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
blue thunder

Horn Position Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horn Position   Horn Position Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 25, 2016 1:53 pm

I had a 1200 sport 8V before and noticed that the switchgear was better there. Would it fit the 2015 GRiSO?

Edit: apparently these were the same layout. Confused...
Back to top Go down
http://www.tripper.be
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Horn Position Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horn Position   Horn Position Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 25, 2016 2:38 pm

The Sports came with both the 'Button' type menu button cluster and the 'Toggle' type menu cluster depending on year/series.

Pete
Back to top Go down
Conor W
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Conor W

Horn Position Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horn Position   Horn Position Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:49 am

Old thread sorry but has anyone made the change to something conventional to recommend ? Maybe my hand dimensions are unique but have shuffled the block around but just cannot comfortably clutch and work indicators which makes the slow speed commuting a bit tricky - any easy exchange to recommend ?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Horn Position Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horn Position   Horn Position Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Horn Position
Page 1 of 1