GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Hello from France Sud Ouest

Go down 
+11
Diablo Loco
boxerscott
Street
LBC Tenni
MotoMT
GUZ21
Oz1200Guzzi
NorthernProducer
Bill Hagan
Pete Roper
jean cool
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Diablo Loco
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Diablo Loco

Hello from France Sud Ouest - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from France Sud Ouest   Hello from France Sud Ouest - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 06, 2016 5:17 pm

I like the idea, JC. If you can rebuild for the cost of a C kit, it is not an expensive experiment.
Are you planning regular inspections, say 10,000?
If signs of wear, replace?

Back to top Go down
jean cool
Tanabuso
Tanabuso

PostSubject: Re: Hello from France Sud Ouest   Hello from France Sud Ouest - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:25 am

Hello.

You should know that it is I who made the revisions, because I bought this Stelvio on the continent (France) .... then I went to live in Corsica (island).
There 'was no Guzzi dealership on island.
After driving about 30 000 km, the DLC dead (probably before, i'm sure  Laughing )
So I changed myself AAC followers (flat tappets) to 30000 km.
Guzzi France (Piaggio) agreed to refund me the AAC parts and buckets. Thumbs Up

Until today the Stelvio didn 'not cost a lot of money in maintenance.
So at 60 000 km that day I will not add nearly 2000 euros in my pocket rollérised and hope that I am lucky to get a good operation.
Today i did not want to spend this amount of money of the bike.
Rather go drop the motorcycle dealership and to buy another new motorcycle different model with new pollution standards. (Europe) .
Soon laws will require notebook manufacturers fillers, serious controls on pollution.
There are cities or old vehicles can no longer drive.
All these work better with Guzzi Map retouched, richer AFR that the standards agreed.
there is also the problem of the management by the insurance of the vehicle when a motorcycle is more consistent with the original (lambda off, map retouched).
Changes to the injection management will emerge with gas analyzer.
Soon a technical control for sale, and that he will see ?.

Europe, USA, Australian, OZ , i'ts different (regulations, laws).

So I will not open the CAMBOX all 10 000k, no.
I'll just CONTROLLER rockers games 1 times a year or if I hear a noise rocker.
I am now very few kilometers (less than 4000 k per year).
1 engine oil every 3 or 4000 k it rinses  Wink
In early buy motorcycle, I was 10 000 km per year and then now I am busy with other different things.
And the use of the bike became very secondary.
Only material that is in my box (garage), but what interests me most is to understand how the bike works.

I'm not worried about the bike, is not a priority.

I would nevertheless like to add that I really enjoyed driving this bike on the roads.
But things change and desires also.....
Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

PostSubject: Re: Hello from France Sud Ouest   Hello from France Sud Ouest - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:19 pm

Salut Jean,
Sympa d'avoir un Francais sur le forum... Thumbs Up
On est un peu feles sur ce site mais on se marre!
Bienvenue mon Grand...
Back to top Go down
jean cool
Tanabuso
Tanabuso

PostSubject: Re: Hello from France Sud Ouest   Hello from France Sud Ouest - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:49 am

Hello Pascal Very Happy

Tu parles bien Français, very well ?

Peut être que je suis un peu félé moi aussi, donc on va bien se marrer  Wink .

Vasco DG wrote:
Look, if you really want to tilt quixotically at this windmill of obstinate denial I have at least four, probably more, brand new flat tappets in my stock of spares. They cost me a not inconsiderable sum of money and some of their stablemates were used for destruction testing trying to get to the bottom of the problem. They're yours, (As long ad you promise not to put them on the Bay of Fleas!) for nothing. Just give whatever the postage costs to your oubliette of misery to Medicienes Sans Frontiers.

Just promise me one thing. If they do go udders skywards and trash your engine? Don't blame me. OK!

Pete

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I'm not sure I understand everything?.
Is Vasco DG offers are sending stock AAC parts and new flat tappets if I pay for the cost of postal parcels.
If the parts are new, I would be very happy to recover to repair my Stelvio. cheers
I am very interested  Very Happy
But that is Vasco DG ?
It is Mister Pete R ?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Hello from France Sud Ouest   Hello from France Sud Ouest - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:21 am

Would you like a pair of less fucked cams too 'cos yours will be shagged. Thing is you'll just be looking at flinging another bucket of shit through your oil pump and bottom end, pointless, but if you wish to head down such a fruitless path who am I to try and stop you?

I'll be back in Oz in late October. Remind me then.
Back to top Go down
jean cool
Tanabuso
Tanabuso

PostSubject: Re: Hello from France Sud Ouest   Hello from France Sud Ouest - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:32 am

Ok Pete Very Happy
I call you later in Octobre.
I know, I am French stupid  Laughing , but is too expensive kit C.
Yes I know that the DLC will get the hell over the engine, but that's my problem .

Hi !

Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Hello from France Sud Ouest   Hello from France Sud Ouest - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:38 am

Have you considered the 'A' kit option?

Back to top Go down
Papa Lazarou
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Papa Lazarou

PostSubject: Re: Hello from France Sud Ouest   Hello from France Sud Ouest - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:56 am

Pete Roper wrote:
Would you like a pair of less fucked cams too 'cos yours will be shagged. Thing is you'll just be looking at flinging another bucket of shit through your oil pump and bottom end, pointless, but if you wish to head down such a fruitless path who am I to try and stop you?

I'll be back in Oz in late October. Remind me then.

Wot, you still in Yurp?
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Hello from France Sud Ouest   Hello from France Sud Ouest - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:00 pm

Yup. Jude and I go on a 'Long' holiday every three years or so. This one is 10-11 weeks. Sucks to be us! Razz
Back to top Go down
jean cool
Tanabuso
Tanabuso

PostSubject: Re: Hello from France Sud Ouest   Hello from France Sud Ouest - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:34 pm

Pete Roper wrote:
Have you considered the 'A' kit option?

Hello

I understand why you advise Kit A or C.
This is certainly more reliable over the long term .....
But I do not want to ride a roller distribution on the A5.
I want to keep the engine in this configuration, it works so well with original map and camshaft 873873 .
It is now 60,000 km that hard work.
And I think I can do the same (km) by changing the camshaft tappets + when it's time.
If I can have the mechanical parts for almost nothing (money) since you made the offer.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Hello from France Sud Ouest   Hello from France Sud Ouest - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 10, 2016 3:12 am

By 60,000km it's well past time.
Back to top Go down
jean cool
Tanabuso
Tanabuso

PostSubject: Re: Hello from France Sud Ouest   Hello from France Sud Ouest - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 10, 2016 5:29 am

Pete, you're as stubborn as me. Laughing
It's like a game, like you when you persist to go through the 90 000 km (your GRiSO).
But I will try to do more miles by changing the tappets x times when I would see that he needs.
When a motor starts costing too much money, the pleasure is gone ..

I begin to wonder if this does not bother you a bit that you abandon the tappets to the wheels.
The engine does not respond the same eh!  Rolling Eyes
The thrust between 5000rpm and 9000rpm, disappeared with the Rollérisation.....?
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Hello from France Sud Ouest   Hello from France Sud Ouest - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:29 am

Nope, the motor is every bit as responsive with the roller top end, especially if mapped right. If your bike is running the GRS8V-01 map and you like it you have no idea what you're missing. That map was awful. Yes, I know people talk about the 'Kick in the pants' of the early map. That's simply because it was so awful down low!

Pete
Back to top Go down
jean cool
Tanabuso
Tanabuso

PostSubject: Re: Hello from France Sud Ouest   Hello from France Sud Ouest - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 10, 2016 11:56 pm

Hello.
Yes I believe what you say Pete, but I have a Stelvio with 2229STV8V52.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I know someone who has a GRiSO with Tappets and he says that he GRiSO ssay with rollérised has difficulty at 6,000 rpm and soft tops out below 8000rpm.

I think we know how to exploit and adjust the engine as you Pete and then the bike will work hard Very Happy

Well, I would eventually find Camshaft tappets nine when nobody wants in.
Thank you.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Hello from France Sud Ouest   Hello from France Sud Ouest - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 11, 2016 4:28 am

If this GRiSO won't rev beyond 6,000 there is either something wrong with it or it hasn't been upgraded to the GRS8V-03 map. With a good aftermarket map it will pull from 2,500-7,750 in an absolutely linear fashion and then stop off slightly through to 9,000. Rollers don't hinder performance!

Pete
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Hello from France Sud Ouest   Hello from France Sud Ouest - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 11, 2016 6:49 am

Oh, and have you made any 'Performance' changes to your bike like a K&N filter or a noisy pipe? That'll fuck shit right up as well. The single lambda Stelvio maps are all fairly dreadful. If you like your bike now with a set of rollers and a decent map you'll be amazed.
Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

PostSubject: Re: Hello from France Sud Ouest   Hello from France Sud Ouest - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 11, 2016 7:34 am

jean cool wrote:
Hello Pascal Very Happy

LOL, je veux mon n'veu!! Ne en Ardeche.  Pas plus Francais que moi! Ahhhh, la France profonde... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
jean cool
Tanabuso
Tanabuso

PostSubject: Re: Hello from France Sud Ouest   Hello from France Sud Ouest - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:58 am

Pete Roper wrote:
Oh, and have you made any 'Performance' changes to your bike like a K&N filter or a noisy pipe? That'll fuck shit right up as well. The single lambda Stelvio maps are all fairly dreadful. If you like your bike now with a set of rollers and a decent map you'll be amazed.

My insurer is also biker told me "does not modify your bike"  Neutral
He say "The bike is as originally" .
The rollers problem is that without new map, the motorcycle engine jolts difficult climbs in the towers.
New map amended , new exhaust = bike Not in accordance with law = bike for the piste only. Arrow

Pete thank you for the advice.
Your arguments are good Pete, but for me 1500 euros investment parts in this old model Stelvio not worth it.
Thank you for the experience share.

A bientôt  Wink
Back to top Go down
jean cool
Tanabuso
Tanabuso

PostSubject: Re: Hello from France Sud Ouest   Hello from France Sud Ouest - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:14 am

Grisonut wrote:
jean cool wrote:
Hello Pascal Very Happy

LOL, je veux mon n'veu!! Ne en Ardeche.  Pas plus Francais que moi! Ahhhh, la France profonde... Very Happy

Hello.
Ah ! bon d'accord, je comprends mieux.
ici je taquine un peu, mais en réalité je suis un peu coincé avec une moto vieillissante, un gros investissement pour poser des rouleaux.
Pas de prise en charge possible, avec un résultat pas certain sur le fonctionnement.
Bref, j'ai pas envie de passer à la rollérisation, car pour l'instant ma moto marche très bien et ne me coûte presque rien.
J'ai juste à changer les poussoirs et AAC quand ceux qui tournent actuellement seront nazes et je pourrais sans doute faire encore pas mal de km, et de plus j'ai des pièces neuves dans un carton.
Si j'avais pu en récuperer d'autres j'étais preneur.

Ciao !
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Hello from France Sud Ouest   Hello from France Sud Ouest - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:55 am

jean cool wrote:
Pete Roper wrote:

My insurer is also biker told me "does not modify your bike"  Neutral
He say "The bike is as originally" .
The rollers problem is that without new map, the motorcycle engine jolts difficult climbs in the towers.
New map amended , new exhaust = bike Not in accordance with law = bike for the piste only. Arrow

Pete thank you for the advice.
Your arguments are good Pete, but for me 1500 euros investment parts in this old model Stelvio not worth it.
Thank you for the experience share.

A bientôt  Wink

Fer fuck's sakes! If the bike is misbehaving there is something wrong with it. Most likely it's been played with by an idiot. That's not the bike's fault. Get it fixed or fix it yourself. Don't blame the bike for issues caused by idiocy!
Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

PostSubject: Re: Hello from France Sud Ouest   Hello from France Sud Ouest - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 11, 2016 5:58 pm

Sorry guys about all this French blabbering...not often that I get to speak in my native tongue anymore.

Jean, fais gaffe a ton moulin quand meme...

We know that you want to stretch your engine life with the flat tappet and see how far you can take it.
What Pete is trying to say and stressing, is that your engine is already compromised despite how great it is running... As a seasoned mechanic and Guzzi dealer, It's really hard for him to ignore your Kamikaze move. LOL

Think of your engine situation like cancer being already in your body but has not manifested itself yet so basically, you're on burrowed time.
My 09 shat its tappets at 36.000 miles despite the religious care that I performed on it since new.
My dealer had the recall done before the bike was sold to me so I thought that I was golden at the time but we now know that all flaties are doomed.

Jean, help me understand...you say that you don't want to throw 1500 Euros at your bike but once your tappets go to shit and eventually destroy your engine (although not a certainty if you stop riding it right away). How much would it cost to rebuild the engine I wonder?
If that happens, are you willing to throw the bike away and move on or fix it and then spend way more than 1500 Euro?
Back to top Go down
jean cool
Tanabuso
Tanabuso

PostSubject: Re: Hello from France Sud Ouest   Hello from France Sud Ouest - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:13 am

Hello.
It's not easy to properly understand.

1 In France, if you changed your bike, eg MAP and exhaust......., your insurance may not take over in case of accident.
France on forums many people do not respect the law.
Everyone likes to change everything. (Map, exhaust, pipe).
In case of severe problems with damage, the insurer may refuse to support changes caused that makes improper bike. pirat
You can be sell your home to pay the costs to third parties. Sad

The rollérisation that's fine, but if it does not change the Map, the operation is not at the top.

2 I think I can do even 40000km with the same engine, because I have a lot of new parts for flat tappets+AAC home.

If my engine is ruined, I would buy another one later.
The Stelvio takes age, and at a time to be changed with a new one.
So given the few km I make per year / 3000 km about not worth losing 1500 euros or more with rollérisation.
If for a warranty for the repair, i do rollérisation the operation by a pro Guzzi bill will go up to 2000 euros, whaou !

Here is an example a complete engine for 1099 euros. silent

Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Hello from France Sud Ouest   Hello from France Sud Ouest - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:28 am

Egads.

That's all I have to say about that.

Suspect

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
jean cool
Tanabuso
Tanabuso

PostSubject: Re: Hello from France Sud Ouest   Hello from France Sud Ouest - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:38 am

Hi !
Suspect   Question

No

Just a guzziste who just wants to ride his bike without spending too much money.
The pleasure would be spoiled.
It is a different perspective, that's all.

Here are my pictures, when I opened the engine to 28 000km.

Just a guzziste who just wants to ride his bike without spending too much money.
The pleasure would be spoiled.
It is a different perspective, that's all.
six years ago I ride without too much cost.

Here are my pictures, when I opened the engine to 28 000km (2011).

I see nothing suspicious here  confused
The only suspect here are the tappets and AAC are screwed clown
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Hello from France Sud Ouest   Hello from France Sud Ouest - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:50 am

Quote :
I see nothing suspicious here

Shocked

The bottom tappet in the pic is buggered. The top one is losing its DLC. All the DLC and some material from the bottom tappet had gone through the bottom end, causing God-knows-what sort of damage. One day your engine will make a dugga-dugga-dugga noise and the oil light will come on, and that'll be all she wrote. I find your 'I'll fix it when it breaks' attitude a bit strange.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello from France Sud Ouest   Hello from France Sud Ouest - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Hello from France Sud Ouest
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GRiSO ghetto :: The Ghetto :: Who you is?-
Jump to: