GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Second bike

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ecs
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
ecs

Second bike Empty
PostSubject: Second bike   Second bike Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:45 am

I moved to the US and could not import the Tenni GRiSO so have the fairings and seat coming over to put onto a chassis I get over here - is on a slow boat (60 to 90 days) so hope it arrives soon. Going to get a '15 or '16 and switch the Tenni parts over - but that bike is really a one up. Pete had mentioned to only get the '15 or '16 because of an oil pump mod starting for the '15.

So I need another bike, now that I am re-married so I can do comfortable 2-up. Have been looking at the Audace or the California but they do not appear to be comfortable 2-up. My riding buddies and their wives pillion have tricked out Street Glides.

What about the Norge? Secondhand, which year minimum should I be looking at? There is a 2012 in Georgia that has had the roller upgrade but after my experience with the GRiSO, I want to make sure it came with roller tappets.

Any other Guzzi I can look at for comfortable 2-up?

Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Second bike Empty
PostSubject: Re: Second bike   Second bike Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:06 am

The changeover point to rollers was mid 2012 but anything plated 2013 on is a safe bet.

The change to the GRiSO in 2015 wasn't the pump, it was the sump and pick ups for the oil which are the same as the Cali 14. The main advantage is less leak points.
Back to top Go down
GUZ21
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
GUZ21

Second bike Empty
PostSubject: Re: Second bike   Second bike Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:23 pm

My wife and I looked to buy a new Cali to replace the Norge, but both found the Cali less comfortable on a long trip, so declined. The Breva and the 1200 sport have the same seat as the Norge so should be equally comfortable.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Second bike Empty
PostSubject: Re: Second bike   Second bike Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Second bike
Page 1 of 1