GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

GRiSO down.

Go down 
+8
Grisodude
TonyG
Grisonut
Uzidzit
DungeonMaster
beetle
Steak
Pete Roper
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Uzidzit
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Uzidzit

GRiSO down. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO down.   GRiSO down. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:22 pm

Pete Roper wrote:
A sole is a form of Northern European flat-fish. I have no need for one. Soul is a different matter. Very Happy. Sorry, I'm a bastard like that. Don't worry, my spelling is shot too. Keep yer eye out and you can upbraid me too!

Few bikes *Move* me any more! even the ones that *Moved* people decades ago like the Bevely Ducatis never really did it for me. Nowadays I admire classy functionality as epitomised by my Mana and also the 'Out There' nuttiness of the Aprilia v4's but no current motorbike comes close to the individuality, style and pure fun factor of the Big G. Not for me at least but that doesn't mean my small minded, blinkered and bigoted opinions are worth listening to unless you're a cretin! Very Happy

Pete

so I'm Guessing a Bandit 1250 is not in your future Laughing....so when are you buying a dl-650?...oh yeah forgot the classy part
Back to top Go down
Grisodude
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Grisodude

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO down.   GRiSO down. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:33 am

"A sole is a form of Northern European flat-fish. I have no need for one"
Yep my spelling isn't great is it Very Happy 
Should read some of the mistakes I've done in e-mails a work.

Harry
Back to top Go down
Uzidzit
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Uzidzit

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO down.   GRiSO down. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:06 am

Grisodude wrote:
"A sole is a form of Northern European flat-fish. I have no need for one"
Yep my spelling isn't great is it Very Happy 
Should read some of the mistakes I've done in e-mails a work.

Harry

microsoft office apps autocorrect like to change Anzi (a medical patient monitoring system) to Nazi....a good one when you work for a German company. cheers 
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO down.   GRiSO down. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:42 am

Now that is funny shit!
Back to top Go down
mark111
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
mark111

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO down.   GRiSO down. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:23 am

Never did respond to this thread so thought I would today.
I am 90% percent good probably won't get to 100% due to some residual defects to ribcage, shoulder and shoulder blade but the expected 95% will be good enough after many broken bones.
I was in hospital for 20 days and was off work for 2 and half months and then back to work on short hours for 4 weeks but sadly now working full time.
Fortunately I had a lot of accumulated sick leave with my long term employer who for all their failings have been exceptionally good in supporting me and my family. Occasionally even this cut throat world of business there is the odd benefit to being a loyal employee.
Haven’t suffered any significant financial loss due to our excellent health system in Australia [I know people have bad experiences but when they get it right then we should acknowledge the good work] and the CTP on my bike which will cover up to $5k of out of pocket expenses for medical and loss of income in the 6 months after the accident.
The bike was well insured so I was able to replace it for my payout although I will have to spend some money to upspec the suspension to match what I had before.

Still having physio but this will probably finish up in a few weeks, otherwise my health is pretty good.
Lost 9kg's but won't recommend this program to Jenny Craig.
Back riding having bought a 2010 Tenni Grislo 5 weeks ago, sadly my much loved 08 black 8 valve ended up at the wreckers so I had to move on. I still have some work to do to make this newer bike mine but it is getting there. Map upgrade after I fix my weird header pipe and suspension upgrade, this bike doesn't go as well as my old one, yet.
I'd like to thank Pete publicly for his part in helping me out after the crash as well as my mate Phil Field who was fantastic as well as the other NSW Guzzi club guys who exemplify why bike people make good mates.

Thanks to the many other people who wished me well.

Mark
Back to top Go down
Grisodude
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Grisodude

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO down.   GRiSO down. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:16 am

That's great to hear buddy.
 Thumbs Up 
Back to top Go down
DungeonMaster
GRiSO
GRiSO
DungeonMaster

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO down.   GRiSO down. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:20 pm

Good to hear the great update Mark.
I completely agree with "sadly now working full time"!!!!!!

DM
Back to top Go down
tocino
Nibbio
Nibbio
tocino

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO down.   GRiSO down. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:41 pm

Glad you're doing better - that many ribs has go to be a [insert one of Beetle's or Pete's colorful expletives here]! And good to hear you're back riding so soon.
Back to top Go down
Andy in NZ
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Andy in NZ

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO down.   GRiSO down. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:53 am

Great to read you are back in the saddle.
Ride on.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO down.   GRiSO down. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

GRiSO down.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2