GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Ipothesys exhaust system and oil cooler relocation

Go down 
+7
waterbottle
Steak
beetle
WAC
Midlifecrisis
Pete Roper
moby
11 posters
AuthorMessage
moby
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
moby

Ipothesys exhaust system and oil cooler relocation Empty
PostSubject: Ipothesys exhaust system and oil cooler relocation   Ipothesys exhaust system and oil cooler relocation Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:26 am

Hi Everyone, I've read the posts re the purported powerboosts of the system, and agree you don't get that power increase without remapping etc. However.. that aside the fabrication looks good, they look good.

Has anyone had experience of these pipes, i.e. actually used them ?

Cheers,
Ross
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Ipothesys exhaust system and oil cooler relocation   Ipothesys exhaust system and oil cooler relocation Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:46 am

Ross, when your thing is rollerised I'll take you down the pub and explain why it won't work.
Back to top Go down
Midlifecrisis
Carlotto
Carlotto
Midlifecrisis

PostSubject: Re: Ipothesys exhaust system and oil cooler relocation   Ipothesys exhaust system and oil cooler relocation Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:43 am

I have the Ipothesys system and love it. I have no ideas whether I'm getting less power out, but I get plenty for my (modest) needs. I guess I should dyno the thing just for interest sake?

Spark plugs look good and I don't get any backfire on the over run. Only other thing I've notices is that my headers don't suffer "liverspots" any more. No idea what this means, but I like it.

The sound is to die for!

H
Back to top Go down
WAC
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
WAC

PostSubject: Re: Ipothesys exhaust system and oil cooler relocation   Ipothesys exhaust system and oil cooler relocation Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:59 am

I actually think that is the best looking pipe for that bike, but that is my opinion. I have it book marked and will probably order one after winter hibernation.

Question for Pete or Beetle. Has anyone done any testing with this pipe? People who have it say it works well with no mapping. What if the flow rate with the DB killers in is close to what the
stock exhaust allows through? Yes, I read all the past posts from a while ago regarding this exhaust in the "Comprehensive Exhaust Thread" but never saw anyone test it. This of course if for the slip on with bung for O2 sensor and the included DB killers that is on their current site, not the full exhaust.

Midlife - I assume you have the DBK's installed?

Wade

moby wrote:
Hi Everyone, I've read the posts re the purported powerboosts of the system, and agree you don't get that power increase without remapping etc. However.. that aside the fabrication looks good, they look good.

Has anyone had experience of these pipes, i.e. actually used them ?

Cheers,
Ross  
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Ipothesys exhaust system and oil cooler relocation   Ipothesys exhaust system and oil cooler relocation Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:27 pm

I've not seen any test data published. It's all been anecdotal, which means nothing in the real world. I've read absurd claims that it increases power and torque with the stock map, but with no dyno tests to back it up. Horse Feathers!

It's quite possible that the slip on works well enough with the stock map, or that the ECU can trim to its happy place without any issue. It'll do that with most pipes. Even the full exhaust probably does.

More power without map modification? I fart in their general direction.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Midlifecrisis
Carlotto
Carlotto
Midlifecrisis

PostSubject: Re: Ipothesys exhaust system and oil cooler relocation   Ipothesys exhaust system and oil cooler relocation Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:01 pm

Wac - yes I run it with the dB killers in. I've never tried with them out, I suspect they would be too loud for leafy middle England!
Back to top Go down
WAC
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
WAC

PostSubject: Re: Ipothesys exhaust system and oil cooler relocation   Ipothesys exhaust system and oil cooler relocation Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 08, 2016 2:30 pm

I have heard from enough that it runs well with stock map. I wish it was not so expensive to ship from the States to Australia, or I would send it out to you to play with first. I doubt it will run well without the DBK and stock map. I still love the looks of it.

beetle wrote:
I've not seen any test data published. It's all been anecdotal, which means nothing in the real world. I've read absurd claims that it increases power and torque with the stock map, but with no dyno tests to back it up. Horse Feathers!

It's quite possible that the slip on works well enough with the stock map, or that the ECU can trim to its happy place without any issue. It'll do that with most pipes. Even the full exhaust probably does.

More power without map modification? I fart in their general direction.

Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Ipothesys exhaust system and oil cooler relocation   Ipothesys exhaust system and oil cooler relocation Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 08, 2016 2:57 pm

Buy a wideband controller and sensor and log it yourself. I'll happily build a map.

Thumbs Up

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Midlifecrisis
Carlotto
Carlotto
Midlifecrisis

PostSubject: Re: Ipothesys exhaust system and oil cooler relocation   Ipothesys exhaust system and oil cooler relocation Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:28 am

I admit that I got an Italian friend to act for me in buying the system, but he said that they were very straightforward to deal with. It had to be made to order at that time, but I don't remember having to wait very long.
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: Ipothesys exhaust system and oil cooler relocation   Ipothesys exhaust system and oil cooler relocation Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:02 pm

2 into 1 into 2 is a shame exhaust note-wise... The spine frame V11 Sport variants still have the most loin stirring exhaust note of all the modern Guzzis. The pulses stay separated and deep as it is a true 2 into 2 design, albeit with a crossover.

If someone could come up with a reasonably priced 2 into 2 system for the GRiSO, I'd be all over it.

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
waterbottle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
waterbottle

PostSubject: Re: Ipothesys exhaust system and oil cooler relocation   Ipothesys exhaust system and oil cooler relocation Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:24 pm

I have a plan to build a 2 into 2 with an X pipe instead of the conventional cross over. Any thoughts on how far from the exhaust ports for the X cross , and total length ?  This is being done to try and improve the Wet Fart noise I get from the current pipe on the track bike
Back to top Go down
Charlie J
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
Charlie J

PostSubject: Re: Ipothesys exhaust system and oil cooler relocation   Ipothesys exhaust system and oil cooler relocation Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:17 am

[quote="waterbottle"]I have a plan to build a 2 into 2 with an X pipe instead of the conventional cross over. Any thoughts on how far from the exhaust ports for the X cross , and total length ?  This is being done to try and improve the Wet Fart noise I get from the current pipe on the track bike[/quote
Now theres both a can of worms and somethin I thought about. If you made your practice pipes in mild and the finished in staino , or Ti,youd save a heap. If you put the X under the sump it would only be a matter of trial /error ,cut/shut to move front to back. Because its a track bike (aesthetics not important),you could have the right side come inside the footpeg and over the swingarm. You could put a similar bend in the left side but go along the bike,if you get my drift. Then you could have 2 high mounted mufflers.
And theres the blower.....
Back to top Go down
Charlie J
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
Charlie J

PostSubject: Re: Ipothesys exhaust system and oil cooler relocation   Ipothesys exhaust system and oil cooler relocation Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:21 am

And then youd have to do the fuel.....
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Ipothesys exhaust system and oil cooler relocation   Ipothesys exhaust system and oil cooler relocation Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:41 am

...and so it begins....

What a Face

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

PostSubject: Re: Ipothesys exhaust system and oil cooler relocation   Ipothesys exhaust system and oil cooler relocation Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:27 pm

For anyone young enough to remember, best exhaust routing already covered by Paul Sample albeit for parallel twin !....[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

PostSubject: Re: Ipothesys exhaust system and oil cooler relocation   Ipothesys exhaust system and oil cooler relocation Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:29 pm

Steak wrote:

If someone could come up with a reasonably priced 2 into 2 system for the GRiSO, I'd be all over it.

I'm in the same camp. Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
Bulldog9
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bulldog9

PostSubject: Re: Ipothesys exhaust system and oil cooler relocation   Ipothesys exhaust system and oil cooler relocation Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:58 pm

Granted I am a dumdum, but I'm not seeing where you need to relocate the Oil Cooler? [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I imagine fabricating the dual tracks of this system to the twin cans would be possible, but then you'd only have the lamda on one cyls.

I really like that system, but found this locally on Craigslist for a great price. Installed and really like the sound and look. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ipothesys exhaust system and oil cooler relocation   Ipothesys exhaust system and oil cooler relocation Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Ipothesys exhaust system and oil cooler relocation
Page 1 of 1