GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Oil cooler relocation

Go down 
+7
Brent S
Bulldog9
Pete Roper
Steak
Oz1200Guzzi
kiwi dave
Clowell
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Clowell
Carlotto
Carlotto
Clowell

Oil cooler relocation Empty
PostSubject: Oil cooler relocation   Oil cooler relocation Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:36 pm

Just saw this on another MG forum and was wondering what you all thought about it. Other than looks, is there any other benefit in relocating the oil cooler higher?
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
kiwi dave
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
kiwi dave

PostSubject: Re: Oil cooler relocation   Oil cooler relocation Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:44 pm

Less likely to be damaged from rocks flicked up by the front wheel would be one reason.
Back to top Go down
Clowell
Carlotto
Carlotto
Clowell

PostSubject: Re: Oil cooler relocation   Oil cooler relocation Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:45 pm

Good point
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: Oil cooler relocation   Oil cooler relocation Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:40 pm

Pipes off a 1200 Sport would go straight on, as would the oil cooler for that model. But then it would be more Sport than GRiSO.
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: Oil cooler relocation   Oil cooler relocation Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:12 pm

The non-symmetric oil cooler is part of what makes the GRiSO, er, uh... Cooler!

- SD

Thumbs Up

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Oil cooler relocation   Oil cooler relocation Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:07 pm

It was their asymmetry that first attracted me to Guzzis. The GRiSO just takes it up a notch. I think the 'Toast Rack' on the side is one of the most important style pointers and is one of the things that makes the 850's look somewhat lacking. YOMV.

I remember a few years ago on another board a new owner asking why one cylinder was further forward than the other and how could he fix it. Several people, myself included I'm ashamed to say, had quite a bit of fun with that...........

Hcfarmer likes this post

Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: Oil cooler relocation   Oil cooler relocation Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:11 pm

Could be fixed by a big bloody hammer, but then again, probably would not work so well afterwards. If you want something highly dangerous, go get one... bloody knifes and forks!
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Oil cooler relocation   Oil cooler relocation Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:59 pm

I think I suggested a Porta-Power and a lamp post Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Bulldog9
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bulldog9

PostSubject: Re: Oil cooler relocation   Oil cooler relocation Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:08 pm

Looks are subjective, but what makes the GRiSO unique is the side mounted oil cooler and swept exhaust headers. I dont see any benefit in looks or function.
Back to top Go down
Clowell
Carlotto
Carlotto
Clowell

PostSubject: Re: Oil cooler relocation   Oil cooler relocation Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:38 pm

Totally agree Pete. The toaster does give it a finished look and puts the styling in a class of it's own. Seems like a lot of money to put into a GRiSO to make it look like a Sport. But hey to each to his own.
Back to top Go down
Brent S
Biondino
Biondino
Brent S

PostSubject: Re: Oil cooler relocation   Oil cooler relocation Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:59 pm

Can’t really see the point. The standard “toaster” arrangement appears perfectly well protected to me. The cooler fins are parallel to the fore-aft of the bike, hidden within the confines of the exterior cover, so the chances of them getting smashed by a rock are pretty low I’d imagine. IMO, the pic posted looks more exposed to damage than the standard setup.
Back to top Go down
LBC Tenni
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
LBC Tenni

PostSubject: Re: Oil cooler relocation   Oil cooler relocation Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:01 am

I’m guessing this move would also exacerbate the over cooling problem. I like the hibachi/toaster.
Back to top Go down
charliebigonions
Carlotto
Carlotto
charliebigonions

PostSubject: Re: Oil cooler relocation   Oil cooler relocation Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 16, 2020 1:16 pm

Maybe that right exhaust header decided for him
Back to top Go down
T-griso
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
T-griso

PostSubject: Re: Oil cooler relocation   Oil cooler relocation Icon_minitime1Mon May 25, 2020 7:07 am

The GRiSO 850 is without the oil cooler and looks very cool I think.
Back to top Go down
Yahu
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Yahu

PostSubject: Re: Oil cooler relocation   Oil cooler relocation Icon_minitime1Mon May 22, 2023 6:40 am

Pete Roper wrote:
It was their asymmetry that first attracted me to Guzzis. The GRiSO just takes it up a notch. I think the 'Toast Rack' on the side is one of the most important style pointers and is one of the things that makes the 850's look somewhat lacking. YOMV.

I remember a few years ago on another board a new owner asking why one cylinder was further forward than the other and how could he fix it. Several people, myself included I'm ashamed to say, had quite a bit of fun with that...........
Exactly, I think the same, if not for this cooler probably would have less chance of buying it from me 😉
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Oil cooler relocation   Oil cooler relocation Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Oil cooler relocation
Page 1 of 1