GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

New GRiSO owner in NJ

Go down 
+11
beetle
NorthernProducer
Guzziboy66
guzziownr
Canyon Carver
Guzzi Cat
Street
sidrat
Steak
Pete Roper
EricS
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
EricS
Biondino
Biondino
EricS

New GRiSO owner in NJ Empty
PostSubject: New GRiSO owner in NJ   New GRiSO owner in NJ Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:46 pm

Hi folks. Just brought home a 2012 8V SE in Tenni Green. This is my third Guzzi but first GRiSO so I'll be leaning on the forum for some help.

I bought it from the original owner with 2100 miles on the odo. The PO did some nice upgrades that I'll keep but others that have to be undone. The keepers are a custom HMF right-side exhaust, superbike bars, updated levers and Corbin saddle. The undo list includes teensie LED turn signal that are useless, a license plate holder bolted to the CARC with no lighting (big no-no in NJ) and miss-matched tires.

Besides Eric in Frenchtown, any other NJ members?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO owner in NJ   New GRiSO owner in NJ Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 19, 2017 5:33 pm

Is it a flat or roller tappet bike? This is always the first question.

Pete
Back to top Go down
EricS
Biondino
Biondino
EricS

PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO owner in NJ   New GRiSO owner in NJ Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:34 pm

Pete Roper wrote:
Is it a flat or roller tappet bike? This is always the first question.

Pete

Based on the engine # it should be a roller (A8-013542)
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO owner in NJ   New GRiSO owner in NJ Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:42 pm

Worth whipping a rocker cover off to check but if it isn't? Good score!
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO owner in NJ   New GRiSO owner in NJ Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:49 pm

Unless it has been rollerized by the PO, all 2012 Tenni's here in the US pre-dated the roller roll-out...

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO owner in NJ   New GRiSO owner in NJ Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:54 pm

Apparently not Steve. There was another bloke turned up recently, I think on WG, and he had a roller Tenni.pretty sure he was in the US of A.

Pete
Back to top Go down
sidrat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sidrat

PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO owner in NJ   New GRiSO owner in NJ Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:39 am

Welcome Eric, i like the exhaust, i wonder what the clearance is like on right hand bends?
Back to top Go down
EricS
Biondino
Biondino
EricS

PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO owner in NJ   New GRiSO owner in NJ Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:10 am

Steve - I ran the engine number through a trusted dealer and he said it's a roller. Apparently Guzzi switched over all engines to roller tappets sometime in 2Q12 and mine is just new enough to be one.

sidrat - I didn't want to push things during my test ride so I can't comment on right side clearance - yet. I'm getting papers done at motor vehicle Tuesday night and will give it a proper first ride Wednesday by taking the long and twisty way to work. Hope I don't wake the neighborhood with this muffler...
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO owner in NJ   New GRiSO owner in NJ Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:55 am

Welcome, Erics!

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
Guzzi Cat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Guzzi Cat

PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO owner in NJ   New GRiSO owner in NJ Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:36 pm

Welcome EricS, you got the nicest colour GRiSO,  Smile I still prefer the original brown seat though!

With that low mileage the PO must have spent all the time adding mods and never rode it, your luck Thumbs Up

Your lucky that yours is a roller cheers as most Tennis were flatties, as was my 2011.

Safe Riding,
Back to top Go down
Canyon Carver
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
Canyon Carver

PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO owner in NJ   New GRiSO owner in NJ Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:47 pm

Congrats on a great Tenni bike.(fastest color) Rollers already done! low miles! What's not to like? cheers
Back to top Go down
EricS
Biondino
Biondino
EricS

PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO owner in NJ   New GRiSO owner in NJ Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:32 pm

Guzzi Cat wrote:
I still prefer the original brown seat though!

I have all the stock parts including the brown saddle which I also prefer. We'll see if my arse agrees after a day of riding...

Back to top Go down
Canyon Carver
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
Canyon Carver

PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO owner in NJ   New GRiSO owner in NJ Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:46 pm

I too had a Corbin saddle that I purchased used from a Ghetto member. I found it hard as the proverbial fucking rock, and the bucket shape cut into my thighs. I sold it to another ghetto member, who then offered it back to me. I declined, so maybe it's the one on your bike now! The horror!
Back to top Go down
EricS
Biondino
Biondino
EricS

PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO owner in NJ   New GRiSO owner in NJ Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:11 am

Canyon Carver wrote:
I too had a Corbin saddle (snip) so maybe it's the one on your bike now! The horror!

Ha! Corbins wear (and feel) like iron so it's possible... But unlikely. I think the PO enjoyed customizing the bike as much as riding it and with deep pockets, probably bought it new.
Back to top Go down
guzziownr
Nibbio
Nibbio
guzziownr

PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO owner in NJ   New GRiSO owner in NJ Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:54 am

Hi Eric, I am about an hour North of you in Monroe, NY (Bear Mt. area). Great looking bike! We will have to get together when the weather improves.

Dave
Back to top Go down
EricS
Biondino
Biondino
EricS

PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO owner in NJ   New GRiSO owner in NJ Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:08 am

guzziownr wrote:
Hi Eric, I am about an hour North of you in Monroe, NY (Bear Mt. area).  Great looking bike!  We will have to get together when the weather improves. Dave

For sure! If you're interested here's the NJ Guzzi club link: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Good bunch of folks who frequently ride in the north Jersey area.
Back to top Go down
guzziownr
Nibbio
Nibbio
guzziownr

PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO owner in NJ   New GRiSO owner in NJ Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:54 pm

EricS wrote:
guzziownr wrote:
Hi Eric, I am about an hour North of you in Monroe, NY (Bear Mt. area).  Great looking bike!  We will have to get together when the weather improves. Dave

For sure! If you're interested here's the NJ Guzzi club link: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Good bunch of folks who frequently ride in the north Jersey area.

I see the Joisey boys a couple of times each year. Tell them to schedule a lunch up our way.
Back to top Go down
Guzziboy66
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Guzziboy66

PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO owner in NJ   New GRiSO owner in NJ Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:50 pm

Welcome Eric! Glad to see you made it over here!
Back to top Go down
NorthernProducer
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
NorthernProducer

PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO owner in NJ   New GRiSO owner in NJ Icon_minitime1Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:23 am

Welcome, Eric!
Back to top Go down
EricS
Biondino
Biondino
EricS

PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO owner in NJ   New GRiSO owner in NJ Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:05 pm

Fitted new tires on the bike this weekend and fiddled with the suspension a bit. Also popped the valve cover and confirmed it's a roller engine.

Here's an updated photo:
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO owner in NJ   New GRiSO owner in NJ Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:16 pm

Sweet! Best of all possible outcomes!

Pete
Back to top Go down
EricS
Biondino
Biondino
EricS

PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO owner in NJ   New GRiSO owner in NJ Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:18 pm

Pete Roper wrote:
Sweet! Best of all possible outcomes!

Pete

Ya, almost there. Next step is to yank the PC-V and get a proper fueling map. It's a custom exhaust so it will take some experimentation. With the dB killer it sounds like a Lafranconi. What map would you suggest as a starting point?
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO owner in NJ   New GRiSO owner in NJ Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:16 pm

Beetle's the man to ask, not I. From my bovine and uneducated viewpoint I'd take a look at what else has a similar length and volume and then play around with the CO trim. Crude, but pretty effective. If there are any glaring problems you can ask him nicely and offer him bourbon and he'll most likely tweak it for you...Very Happy

Pete
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO owner in NJ   New GRiSO owner in NJ Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:44 pm

I reckon plonk the GT right hand horror or Agostini X-Black map in and tweak CO. I can map tweak as desired.

geek

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
EricS
Biondino
Biondino
EricS

PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO owner in NJ   New GRiSO owner in NJ Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:31 am

Beetle - Here's a picture of the left side if that helps with your recommendation. It has a dB killer in the tip that's roughly 24mm. Sounds deeper and less plugged than stock but not obnoxiously loud when revved (though I can hear it over the wind at 50 mph).

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO owner in NJ   New GRiSO owner in NJ Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

New GRiSO owner in NJ
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next