GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

New GRiSO owner in NJ

Go down 
+11
beetle
NorthernProducer
Guzziboy66
guzziownr
Canyon Carver
Guzzi Cat
Street
sidrat
Steak
Pete Roper
EricS
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

New GRiSO owner in NJ - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO owner in NJ   New GRiSO owner in NJ - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:26 pm

Ooh! No bottom end torque for you!

A challenge, it looks like. I have a map that might work. It will cost you many goats.

cheers

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
GNORTS
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
GNORTS

PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO owner in NJ   New GRiSO owner in NJ - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:26 pm

beetle wrote:

A challenge, it looks like. I have a map that might work. It will cost you many goats.

cheers

So, Beetle, when I get back to Portland in a month or so, I will be in touch regarding your map for my '15 Diablo Rosso with the Termi pipe. How many goats will you need for that? And I imagine the electronic payment will be made in Bitgoat, correct? Cool
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO owner in NJ   New GRiSO owner in NJ - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:47 pm

Bitgoat. Very Happy

Snicker.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO owner in NJ   New GRiSO owner in NJ - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:57 pm

JD vouchers might work too?
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO owner in NJ   New GRiSO owner in NJ - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:30 pm

Jack Daniels!

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
EricS
Biondino
Biondino
EricS

PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO owner in NJ   New GRiSO owner in NJ - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:01 pm

beetle wrote:

cheers

Please sir, may I have some torque?

But seriously, are there enough goats in the world to make this pipe work or shall I go back to the stock exhaust, or at least the stock mid-pipe and a different muffler?
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO owner in NJ   New GRiSO owner in NJ - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:50 pm

I won't give false hope. The lack of a pretzel, or any sort of proper bend in the mid pipe is going to reduce torque. You do have the advantage of length. A straightened pretzel, if you will.

I run an Arrow mid pipe, and I lost a fair chunk of my bottom end when I installed it, but I got most of it back (not all) with clever mapping. I then compensated by removing every useless deadweight thing off the bike.

You may as well try my own custom map. Has that thing got a dB killer?

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
EricS
Biondino
Biondino
EricS

PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO owner in NJ   New GRiSO owner in NJ - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:28 pm

beetle wrote:
You may as well try my own custom map. Has that thing got a dB killer?

Yes to the dB killer - picture below. Its a nice snug fit - had to tap it in with a hammer before securing it with two screws. Installing it in the end of the open muffler really did kill the obnoxious sound level and improved starting / low end response. Bike still revs out fine but is way over-rich with the PC-V (which I hope to pull one evening this week). Oh, I did remove the little plug and screw at the end of the unit. Looked pretty cheap and I was afraid it would work itself loose and drop into the pipe.

Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO owner in NJ   New GRiSO owner in NJ - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:56 pm

That PC-V got an Autotune attached? I have an ECU map/PC-V map combo if you want to try it.

Very Happy

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
LBC Tenni
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
LBC Tenni

PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO owner in NJ   New GRiSO owner in NJ - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:45 pm

A factory roller Tenni!?
Unicorns and sorcery!!
Lucky devil.
You must name him Shadowfax.

Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO owner in NJ   New GRiSO owner in NJ - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:06 pm

Bit goat would I assume be easily turned into curry goat which is delicious!
Back to top Go down
EricS
Biondino
Biondino
EricS

PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO owner in NJ   New GRiSO owner in NJ - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:43 am

beetle wrote:
That PC-V got an Autotune attached? I have an ECU map/PC-V map combo if you want to try it.

Very Happy

Sorry to say no auto tune module, hence the thinking I'll just pull the sucker. Can I just add the auto tune module if one is available on sleaze-bay? Believe it involves changing the O2 sensor and such.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO owner in NJ   New GRiSO owner in NJ - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:57 pm

No Autotune? Ay, Caramba!

Don't buy one. Might be a case of good money after bad. Got GuzziDiag & cables? I feel compelled to help.

cheers

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
zebraranger
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
zebraranger

PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO owner in NJ   New GRiSO owner in NJ - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:18 pm

Just cant beat the look of the brown saddle on the Tenni bike. I like the opened up of the right side too.
Back to top Go down
EricS
Biondino
Biondino
EricS

PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO owner in NJ   New GRiSO owner in NJ - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:09 pm

beetle wrote:
No Autotune? Ay, Caramba!

Don't buy one. Might be a case of good money after bad. Got GuzziDiag & cables? I feel compelled to help.
cheers

Will pull the PC-V as planned - even used auto tune modules are ridiculous $$. With a foot of snow just landing today I should have some down time. Have the cables thanks to a former Guzzi friend but still need to source the software. Know if it's available for an Android tablet? If not I'll need to 'borrow' my wife's laptop.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO owner in NJ   New GRiSO owner in NJ - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:47 pm

No Android version...yet. Windoze, Linux & Mac. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

geek

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
EricS
Biondino
Biondino
EricS

PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO owner in NJ   New GRiSO owner in NJ - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:22 pm

Today I removed the PC-V, being careful not to bugger anything and sealing the tapped/punctured wire with monkey snot and some electrical tape.

I noticed an immediate improvement with the cold start - the bike now fires almost immediately and has a much smoother idle. Will even take light throttle when stone cold (would die with the PC in place). On the road it now pulls clean and strong from 2K up to redline with no noticeable hesitation. Does not pop/backfire when rolling off the throttle or even abruptly closing it. It does not feel as sharp or strong from 6-8K but I'm sure that's more to do with the dB killer and besides, I seldom use that rev range. My 'test loop' includes some stop & go, 40-50 twisties and a 7 mile highway run where I accelerate hard to 70 mph then make a couple passes going into the mid 80's. MPG has also improved from 27 to 35.

All in all I'm very happy with how it's running at the moment. I'm probably leaving some HP on the table but I think I'll hold off on loading a new map for a bit. With the weather hopefully breaking I hope to log some miles and get familiar with 'mostro verde'.
Back to top Go down
EricS
Biondino
Biondino
EricS

PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO owner in NJ   New GRiSO owner in NJ - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:28 pm

LBC Tenni wrote:
A factory roller Tenni!?
Unicorns and sorcery!!
Lucky devil.
You must name him Shadowfax.

LBC - just noticed your suggested name for the bike. I've decided on 'mostro verde' but am curious how you came up with 'shadowfax'...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO owner in NJ   New GRiSO owner in NJ - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

New GRiSO owner in NJ
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2