GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Stepper, fluids, rear suspension

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

Stepper, fluids, rear suspension Empty
PostSubject: Stepper, fluids, rear suspension   Stepper, fluids, rear suspension Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:23 pm

morning sorting out these three items followed by riding around to test before the rain came back. Fitted 8mm tube and plastic (fish tank part usually apparently) to be ready for the idle surge - which has obviously now completely disappeared randomly since I have the valve (like the old reason for carrying umbrella to make sure it doesn't rain). Looks OK though so happy to have it just in case.  Just switching it under normal conditions drops & destabilises idle if totally close it as expected but great thing is I can just reach down and do it on the fly unlike the previous 'remove the pipe and stick a bolt in the end' solution; and can throttle it to tune the idle down - result !
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

After that spent hour doing clutch and brake fluid change after which bike performs just same but safe for another 6 years. Reservoirs really corroding badly but currently in 'it's patena, get over it' mode...and it's an 09 so clutch pull still requires gorilla hands

Then rear suspension won't actually adjust (hammer and metal rod needed) despite freeing the lock ring and running it up to the top. Hammering adjuster 1/8 turn at a time pissing me off so 'forcing' me to go buy the Wilber I wanted anyway (funny that).

Overall it's starting to look older this year (like it's owner)...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stepper, fluids, rear suspension   Stepper, fluids, rear suspension Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:42 pm

Well, don't park it in front of a shop window, it might scare itself.
Back to top Go down
sidrat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sidrat

PostSubject: Re: Stepper, fluids, rear suspension   Stepper, fluids, rear suspension Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:12 pm

good job, always nice to send some garage time that makes the bike better
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stepper, fluids, rear suspension   Stepper, fluids, rear suspension Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Stepper, fluids, rear suspension
Page 1 of 1