GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

1st impressions

Go down 
+2
paulbrice
Stu400
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Stu400
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Stu400

1st impressions Empty
PostSubject: 1st impressions   1st impressions Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:45 pm

Well I finally thought the weather was good enough, and had enough time between Parkrun and the England humiliation of Scotland to get a run out on my new GRiSO. I rode it 120 miles home the day I got it, but it was so cold, wet and dark i've erased it from my mind.

It's 3 years since I sold my 1100 GRiSO, so can't really accurately compare the two.

What a lovely noise! I can't believe how good it sounds on the stock can. I'd forgotten how mechanical it sounds apart from the exhaust. I don't remember the 100 sounding that good.

It's not exactly quick, I'm still running it in so have set myself a 6500 rpm limit until I've done a few hundred miles, but after the MV and Ducati it's a more relaxing pace.

What a lovely engine, like lumpy custard. My Ducati (1200 pre dvt) was a pig below 3000rpm. No apparent flat spots.

Everyone wants to talk to you about it and how they used to have an 850 le mans. On the Multistrada people just wanted to know how far you'd been on it. Unless you've been to Patagonia or Mars there's always someone whose done pole to pole on an adventure bike.

You can wear anything riding it and look good on it. On the MV you needed to be in 1 piece leathers, on the Multi if you weren't wearing 3 acres of cordura everyone thought you were a fraud.

I'd forgotten they'd put the sidestand over there, maybe my legs have got shorter.

That button on the back of the left switchgear to scroll through the displays takes a week to respond.

They've sorted the clocks! On my 1100 you could ride through the Atacama Desert and the clocks would still have condensation in them.

It like a drink, but then who doesn't?

The almost Suzuki gearshift quality.

The back brake works! don't suppose it'll be long before that needs bleeding.

How lovely it is, like syrup. Not harsh like the MV was but not a floaty pogo stick that the Ducati was.

I'm very happy to be back on one!
Back to top Go down
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

1st impressions Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1st impressions   1st impressions Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 11, 2017 3:31 pm

Good to hear & great stuff !....would comment that I get condensation on clocks on 09 GRiSO but just cosmetic so far, rear brakes/front brakes/clutch fluid just refreshed after 4 years and was no need beyond being meticulous, I never use the menu or switchgear & my clock is waiting for time to catch up ! - too busy enjoying ride, can be economic at 90 mph on motorway and stable throttle use, yes everyone wants one & loves you for riding one........major item I would add to your list over every bike I've ever ridden & owned is the inspirational low speed balance (for the weight); almost won't fall over
Back to top Go down
Papa Lazarou
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Papa Lazarou

1st impressions Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1st impressions   1st impressions Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 11, 2017 3:37 pm

Lumpy custard. I like that.
Back to top Go down
sidrat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sidrat

1st impressions Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1st impressions   1st impressions Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:10 pm

been out today, its a great bike, the engine is lovely and handling can get lively, but you just need a firm hand Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

1st impressions Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1st impressions   1st impressions Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:01 pm

The 8V mill is simply brilliant...especially in its roller form, for obvious reasons. Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
Stu400
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Stu400

1st impressions Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1st impressions   1st impressions Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:37 pm

Grisonut wrote:
The 8V mill is simply brilliant...especially in its roller form, for obvious reasons. Thumbs Up

That's why I bought a new one to be honest. A8 engine number
Back to top Go down
NorthernProducer
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
NorthernProducer

1st impressions Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1st impressions   1st impressions Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:57 am

Great ride report!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

1st impressions Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1st impressions   1st impressions Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

1st impressions
Page 1 of 1