GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Norwegian GRiSO Lover

Go down 
+8
NorthernProducer
sidrat
petarzil
Bill Hagan
Street
Guzziboy66
wyno
joloevaa
12 posters
AuthorMessage
joloevaa
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
joloevaa

Norwegian GRiSO Lover Empty
PostSubject: Norwegian GRiSO Lover   Norwegian GRiSO Lover Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:13 pm

Hi all GRiSO friends in the world

I live in Sirevåg, south west part of Norway. It's a miniatyre part of Norway with flat land by the sea and steep rock by the fjords. All nature and nice roads within a circle of one houre riding. However, the climate is harsh and the road salted in the winter season. In my garage, there is currentley three bikes. My daughter's Hyosung GT125 Comet and my old and highly loved Moto Guzzi Le Mans 1000. Close to the garage port there is my newest addition, the Moto Guzzi GRiSO 1200 SE 2015 model. I also have one old moped from 1957.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down
wyno
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wyno

PostSubject: Re: Norwegian GRiSO Lover   Norwegian GRiSO Lover Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:12 pm

Welcome to the forum. Lots of good information from great people here.
Back to top Go down
Guzziboy66
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Guzziboy66

PostSubject: Re: Norwegian GRiSO Lover   Norwegian GRiSO Lover Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:40 pm

Welcome!
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: Norwegian GRiSO Lover   Norwegian GRiSO Lover Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:00 pm

Welcome, Joloevaa,

I spent a year in Strømmen when I was ten (1969). My father was doing a post-doctoral fellowship there studying air pollution research for the Norwegian government. He was also interested in tracing our Norwegian family roots back to the original homestead in Reiakvam (742 km north of you according to Google maps). As happened to so many immigrants who came through Ellis Island, New York in the late 1800's, the name was 'Americanized' to Reiquam. I've often thought of changing it back to its original form, but it would probably be a huge hassle and people already have enough trouble pronouncing Reiquam. I also dream of exploring Norway again, next time on a GRiSO!

Anyway, welcome to the Ghetto and congratulations on your new bike, you won't be disappointed.

Pete (Street)

Map Link

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: Norwegian GRiSO Lover   Norwegian GRiSO Lover Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:27 pm

Velkommen, Joloevaa!

As much as I love my GRiSO ...

... I am mighty fond of my Norge!  cheers

Best wishes for miles of smiles from the top of Virginia,

Bill
Back to top Go down
petarzil
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
petarzil

PostSubject: Re: Norwegian GRiSO Lover   Norwegian GRiSO Lover Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:57 pm

Hi, and welcome to the ghetto!

By some coincidence, my friends living in Askim, have the same surname as your city, Sirevag Smile

Enjoy your GRiSO!
Back to top Go down
sidrat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sidrat

PostSubject: Re: Norwegian GRiSO Lover   Norwegian GRiSO Lover Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:07 am

Lovely photo, i have Norwegian wood confused
Back to top Go down
joloevaa
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
joloevaa

PostSubject: Re: Norwegian GRiSO Lover   Norwegian GRiSO Lover Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:30 am

Street wrote:
Welcome, Joloevaa,

I also dream of exploring Norway again, next time on a GRiSO!

Pete (Street)

Hi Pete. It's time to do something about your dream! Take a air-plane to Sola, Stavanger. Start your journey and ride from Sola to Reiakvam. The nature and scenery is stunning. You will meet a lot of nice people on the road. It is possible to rent a bike, but a GRiSO may be difficult. Expect rain, wind, hail, sun and glacier on the journey. There is a Guzzi event in Olden from 03.06.2017 til 05.06.2017. It's near Reiakvam. (3h riding).

The video shows my first trip on my GRiSO. That was when I picked it up from my dealer in Hadeland. (One hour from Strømmen)  
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: Norwegian GRiSO Lover   Norwegian GRiSO Lover Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:16 pm

Ole-Johan,

Sounds like a great plan, but I'm afraid it's not in the cards this year.

The Norwegian scenery and people are wonderful indeed. I remember that when we went to Reiakvam it was very interesting to see the old family name on gravestones in the local cemetery and on mailboxes along the road. My father knocked on the door of one house and was shocked when the man who opened the door looked just like his brother. The family resemblance was stunning. The gentleman spoke fluent English as he had worked for several years as a lumberjack in Canada. He invited us in and we spent about an hour listening to his stories. My father had no doubt found a distant relative.

I enjoyed your video, what a spectacular and varied landscape Norway has to offer.

Pete

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
wyno
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wyno

PostSubject: Re: Norwegian GRiSO Lover   Norwegian GRiSO Lover Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:17 pm

You're a brave man. I've ridden in snow once when I lived in Canberra, and really didn't like it. Black ice is worse though. I liked the countryside too.
Back to top Go down
NorthernProducer
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
NorthernProducer

PostSubject: Re: Norwegian GRiSO Lover   Norwegian GRiSO Lover Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:10 pm

Welcome to the forum!
Back to top Go down
HCSO617
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
HCSO617

PostSubject: Re: Norwegian GRiSO Lover   Norwegian GRiSO Lover Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:06 pm

Welcome Joloevaa. I am a new GRiSO owner and have learned a lot on this forum. I spent 15 days in Norway in February 1980. I was a U.S. Marine training with Norwegian and British Marines. Beautiful country and great people.
Back to top Go down
Stu400
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Stu400

PostSubject: Re: Norwegian GRiSO Lover   Norwegian GRiSO Lover Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:48 am

Hello, Nice bike
Back to top Go down
wardentm
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wardentm

PostSubject: Re: Norwegian GRiSO Lover   Norwegian GRiSO Lover Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:35 am

G'day Jo
Welcome from us all from Tasmania
Great looking ride ....
Enjoy and stay safe
Back to top Go down
bioman
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bioman

PostSubject: Re: Norwegian GRiSO Lover   Norwegian GRiSO Lover Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:27 am

Welcome from Canada! I hope your spring has started already!
Enjoy your GRiSO!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Norwegian GRiSO Lover   Norwegian GRiSO Lover Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Norwegian GRiSO Lover
Page 1 of 1