GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

New to me GRiSO

Go down 
+9
wyno
sidrat
RIKBRIANT
wardentm
Pete Roper
GHTE
EricS
beetle
cognosticator
13 posters
AuthorMessage
cognosticator
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
cognosticator

New to me GRiSO Empty
PostSubject: New to me GRiSO   New to me GRiSO Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:11 am

Yesterday I bought a 2013 GRiSO 8V SE with 9,170 miles on the clock. I had a 2013 Stelvio a few years ago and learned to love the 8V motor.

68 years old and not ready to give it up yet  LOL

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
https://www.pbase.com/cognosticator
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

New to me GRiSO Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to me GRiSO   New to me GRiSO Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:55 am

Welcome!

ghetto

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
EricS
Biondino
Biondino
EricS

New to me GRiSO Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to me GRiSO   New to me GRiSO Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:03 pm

Welcome aboard! The silver is my second favorite color (I love the Tenni green). Didn't know Ventura had mounts for the GRiSO. How do you like the GPR muffler? Been considering one.

Suggestions: 1) Look up Beetle's fueling maps to get the bike running tip-top, 2) lube the swing arm and shock bushings sooner than later and 3) ride the hell out of it. I've lost count of how many bikes I've ridden over the past 45 years and the GRiSO is a uniquely satisfying beast.
Back to top Go down
GHTE
Nibbio
Nibbio
GHTE

New to me GRiSO Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to me GRiSO   New to me GRiSO Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:04 pm

Welcome and congratulations. The bike looks mint. Love the pipe. I wish you many more years of Guzzi riding
Back to top Go down
https://glennhilleard@gmail.com
cognosticator
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
cognosticator

New to me GRiSO Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to me GRiSO   New to me GRiSO Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:12 pm

beetle wrote:
Welcome!

ghetto

Thanks
Back to top Go down
cognosticator
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
cognosticator

New to me GRiSO Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to me GRiSO   New to me GRiSO Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:16 pm

EricS wrote:
Welcome aboard! The silver is my second favorite color (I love the Tenni green). Didn't know Ventura had mounts for the GRiSO. How do you like the GPR muffler? Been considering one.

Suggestions: 1) Look up Beetle's fueling maps to get the bike running tip-top, 2) lube the swing arm and shock bushings sooner than later and 3) ride the hell out of it. I've lost count of how many bikes I've ridden over the past 45 years and the GRiSO is a uniquely satisfying beast.

thanks, I have already been in touch with Beetle and will be getting his map next week when my social security check hits the bank :-)

I love the sound of the GPR muffler. The ventura came on the bike, both the small rack and also a larger one with a bag included.

Here is a short clip of the exhaust note and this is with the DB killer installed. I am having a hell of a time getting the snap ring out to take out the DB killer, but I won't give up.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Is there a write up on the lubing swing arm and shock bushing? I am a fair mechanic and seeing how to do something makes it a lot easier for me.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

New to me GRiSO Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to me GRiSO   New to me GRiSO Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:29 pm

Jerry, doing the swingarm bearings and shock linkage is really pretty straightforward. You need to support the bike on its sump and tie it down at the front obviously and the side plates have to be removed to access the swingarm spindle but apart from that it's just a 'Start at the back and work forward' job. Separating the bevelbox from the swingarm can be a pain if they've been generous with the silastic but I just use a bottle jack between the abs sensor mount and the shock linkage to force it back and break the seal. Just take care while doing it as the boot retainer plat on the mod may want to stick to the swingarm Jo gentle prying with a screwdriver to separate it may be required.

Pete
Back to top Go down
wardentm
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wardentm

New to me GRiSO Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to me GRiSO   New to me GRiSO Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:34 pm

G'day Jerry
Welcome from us all down under in Tasmania.
Enjoy your great new bike.
Stay safe
Back to top Go down
RIKBRIANT
Carlotto
Carlotto
RIKBRIANT

New to me GRiSO Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to me GRiSO   New to me GRiSO Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:02 pm

Welcome to GRiSO-ness
Back to top Go down
sidrat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sidrat

New to me GRiSO Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to me GRiSO   New to me GRiSO Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:27 pm

welcome aboard Jerry that is a mighty tall screen
Back to top Go down
cognosticator
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
cognosticator

New to me GRiSO Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to me GRiSO   New to me GRiSO Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:37 pm

sidrat wrote:
welcome aboard Jerry that is a mighty tall screen

LOL, my riding buddies are taking bets on how long before I cut it down, like I have on the last 20 bikes I have owned.  This one will work for the winter even though I have heated gear, this will be nice but as soon as it starts to warm up I am looking at the Dart Marlin

I am 6' and can easily look over it now
Back to top Go down
wardentm
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wardentm

New to me GRiSO Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to me GRiSO   New to me GRiSO Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 23, 2017 4:05 pm

Hi again Jerry
68 years old, a little older than the average around here but great to hear your still going strong and got yourself a GRiSO ..... great stuff, onya ....
Stay safe
Back to top Go down
wyno
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wyno

New to me GRiSO Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to me GRiSO   New to me GRiSO Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 23, 2017 4:52 pm

Welcome Jerry.
I had a Dart Marlin, but it didn't provide any protection from the wind at all, so I gave it to Craig (Clancy on here) because he liked the looks. I got an Emgo Venom from ebay for $75 USD and it looks so much better than the Dart, plus it actually provides some protection as well.
Back to top Go down
nwryder
Carlotto
Carlotto
nwryder

New to me GRiSO Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to me GRiSO   New to me GRiSO Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:49 pm

Welcome and congrats on your new ride. I’ll be getting mine next week. Safe travels.
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

New to me GRiSO Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to me GRiSO   New to me GRiSO Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:37 pm

Welcome, Jerry. Guzzi Steve is just a few hours NW of you in Auburn, GA - great guy who knows his Guzzi shit if you need a hand sorting out your Geese.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
cognosticator
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
cognosticator

New to me GRiSO Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to me GRiSO   New to me GRiSO Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:20 am

Street wrote:
Welcome, Jerry. Guzzi Steve is just a few hours NW of you in Auburn, GA - great guy who knows his Guzzi shit if you need a hand sorting out your Geese.

Good to know, thanks, He is only 220 miles from me
Back to top Go down
sideshowbob
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sideshowbob

New to me GRiSO Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to me GRiSO   New to me GRiSO Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 24, 2017 4:42 pm

Welcome Jerry, really like the pipe! Hell 68 isn't old, for a tree.
Back to top Go down
NorthernProducer
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
NorthernProducer

New to me GRiSO Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to me GRiSO   New to me GRiSO Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:29 am

Welcome to the forum. BTW...you are still almost a "kid" at 68... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New to me GRiSO Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to me GRiSO   New to me GRiSO Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

New to me GRiSO
Page 1 of 1