GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Craig's GRiSO....

Go down 
+10
Big Mike
Overholt13
Clancy
sidrat
blue thunder
Street
Hacky
beetle
wyno
Pete Roper
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Craig's GRiSO.... Empty
PostSubject: Craig's GRiSO....   Craig's GRiSO.... Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:41 pm

Only managed to snare one pic of it before it was taken off Bikesales

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Vulgar looking thing innit? But it's supposed to be a roller and we have the technology to take the horrid clip-ons off it and give it some decent bars again. The nasty pink rocker covers are his problem but easily fixed with a couple of cans of rattle.

Mid pipe is a horror but we'll steal the one of Mark III's old bike to fix that and since Craig's got a set of C-bow panniers off his V7 he can have the racks off Mark's bike too. They'll need a bit of bending but he works with a load of fitters and welders so that should be good.

I snaffled the Rizoma bars off Mark's bike today, they aren't even bent! Score! Stuck them and my new Ti headers which arrived this morning. Bars are comfy, pipes are colouring up nicely. Go me! cheers

Pete
Back to top Go down
wyno
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wyno

Craig's GRiSO.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Craig's GRiSO....   Craig's GRiSO.... Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:05 pm

Heather and I had a looksee at Craig' GRiSO this afternoon. The sales guy tried to tell me thaqt it makes 122kw and that it's been remapped. He did say that the slip on is stupid loud. I told him that it wouldn't run very well with the pretzel gone but he told us that he had been for a ride (just after it was brought in) on it down the back way to Lorne through Deans Marsh and that it was more fun to ride than his Aprilia RSV. After riding it he's thinking of buying a new one for himself.  The guy who had it is a Jaguar mechanic with his own shop and changes his bikes every 3-6 months. He also told us that one of the mechanics was VERY disappointed that he couldn't buy for himself. Apparently they have to let it be advertised for 30 days before they can put in an offer.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Craig's GRiSO.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Craig's GRiSO....   Craig's GRiSO.... Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:25 pm

OK, so it's been visited by the 'Stupid Loud Slip On Faery'. That'll need dealing with too. Bummer, I was hoping it would have a dB killer. Never mind, we'll make one if needs be.

Pete
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

Craig's GRiSO.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Craig's GRiSO....   Craig's GRiSO.... Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:29 pm

122kW you say. More fun than an RSV4 you say.

I'd like a copy of that map. Rolling Eyes

Suspect

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Hacky
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Hacky

Craig's GRiSO.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Craig's GRiSO....   Craig's GRiSO.... Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:33 pm

beetle wrote:

Suspect
Me too!
Back to top Go down
wyno
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wyno

Craig's GRiSO.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Craig's GRiSO....   Craig's GRiSO.... Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:39 pm

Typical salesman, full of shit to make it sound better. It's very clean, I didn't get to see what brand the tyres are, and there was no label on the slip on.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Craig's GRiSO.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Craig's GRiSO....   Craig's GRiSO.... Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:44 pm

The map I'll drag out of it so you can have a look. My guess it will be the usual..... Sleep
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

Craig's GRiSO.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Craig's GRiSO....   Craig's GRiSO.... Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:46 pm

Stock, stock and more stock, that's what I like. All that "customization" feels like a waste of time and money to me. Now you have to make it right, and the result takes it ever closer to stock. Okay, maybe add a geegaw here or there, a random red accent and a Beetle map, sure, but the GRiSO is awesome right out of the box. I don't get this impulse to change EVERYTHING! Just ride the MOTHERFUCKER!

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
wyno
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wyno

Craig's GRiSO.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Craig's GRiSO....   Craig's GRiSO.... Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:02 am

I like how you think Street.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Craig's GRiSO.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Craig's GRiSO....   Craig's GRiSO.... Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:02 am

Nowt wrong with customising but I have yet to hear of someone who has successfully fitted clip-ons, even with rear-sets, to a GRiSO and achieved a satisfactory outcome.

My mate John Ferguson from Melbourne had a G11 for a while and did a very professional clip-ons and RS job as that is what he feels comfortable riding with but on the GRiSO? Nope, didn't work.

Look, it may for some but history indicates it's a non starter. My own feeling is that the GRiSO can offer 'Sportsbike' feel but without the, (For me at least.) discomfort of the 'Dog shagging a hockeyball' riding position so beloved by people who in many cases never actually ride anywhere far enough from home to get a crick in their necks! Certainly without rear set pegs the riding position would be agony for most after more than an hour. You could call it the 'Lumbago Express'! Perhaps that's why the PO changes his bikes every six mumfs?

Pete
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

Craig's GRiSO.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Craig's GRiSO....   Craig's GRiSO.... Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:09 am

Like I said...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
blue thunder
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
blue thunder

Craig's GRiSO.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Craig's GRiSO....   Craig's GRiSO.... Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:11 am

beetle wrote:

Suspect
+1
Back to top Go down
http://www.tripper.be
wyno
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wyno

Craig's GRiSO.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Craig's GRiSO....   Craig's GRiSO.... Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:23 am

Pete, I've been relating your comments verbatim to Heather and she nearly wet herself laughing. She particularly like the dog shagging a hockeyball one.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Craig's GRiSO.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Craig's GRiSO....   Craig's GRiSO.... Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:57 am

Oh, Michael, you'll also be a beneficiary of Mark's wreck as we've canibalised his rear indicators to replace those horrid, saggy, half broken POS hanging off your rack. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
wyno
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wyno

Craig's GRiSO.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Craig's GRiSO....   Craig's GRiSO.... Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:02 am

Thanks Pete.
Back to top Go down
sidrat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sidrat

Craig's GRiSO.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Craig's GRiSO....   Craig's GRiSO.... Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:01 pm

i am glad you guys don't live anywhere near me, i can read the post now........"oh and i popped over to Keith's place and took off the POS carc from his recent 0mph crash, as he wont need it and swapped it for some nice pink cam covers!"

if anything goes missing, i will be coming to see you :-)

And no Mike i haven't fitted that seat cover you kindly sent me..........no! no! wait i get it now you are just hooking me in with your free set covers, its just the start.

I too want 164BHP and putting clipons on a road going GRiSO is stupid
Back to top Go down
wyno
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wyno

Craig's GRiSO.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Craig's GRiSO....   Craig's GRiSO.... Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:36 pm

Would I do that??? I am innocent I say. Pink cam covers for Keith, yep that sounds right. He he he.
Back to top Go down
Clancy
Nibbio
Nibbio
Clancy

Craig's GRiSO.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Craig's GRiSO....   Craig's GRiSO.... Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:09 pm

Well how bout that.
Here I am trying to remember my photo hosting site's password so I can post a pic of the new bike, and here's this thread with it already done!

My first reaction seeing the bike was - it's got red boobies!
I thought I'd have to deal with that, but I'm starting to like the garish nature of them.
The clip-ons have to go.

But overall, I'm just stoked that Pete found me a low Km rollered 1200 GRiSO at a price I can afford.
I'm excited (and a bit nervous).

Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Craig's GRiSO.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Craig's GRiSO....   Craig's GRiSO.... Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:50 pm

No need to be nervous. It's not obligatory to flog the clacker off it from the get-go. Just take your time and ease into it. Spend some time optimising the suspension, then slowly up the pace but only until you feel comfortable. There are no prizes. Just take your time and enjoy!

Pete
Back to top Go down
sidrat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sidrat

Craig's GRiSO.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Craig's GRiSO....   Craig's GRiSO.... Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:38 pm

Oh yes, one thing life teaches you is that there is always someone faster, and someone who wants to take more risks to prove it, not cool
Back to top Go down
Clancy
Nibbio
Nibbio
Clancy

Craig's GRiSO.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Craig's GRiSO....   Craig's GRiSO.... Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:12 pm

Well I made the final payment yesterday and the insurnace confirmed payout today, so everything looks like it's lining up nicely Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
Overholt13
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Overholt13

Craig's GRiSO.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Craig's GRiSO....   Craig's GRiSO.... Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:58 pm

beetle wrote:

Suspect

I agree a 100% I need that set up, lol
Back to top Go down
Big Mike
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
Big Mike

Craig's GRiSO.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Craig's GRiSO....   Craig's GRiSO.... Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:26 am

Congrats Clancy on the purchase, looking forward to bringing it back to its former glory, but possibly not that horsepower.
You will have another newbie to ride with when I get mine on the road in June.
Back to top Go down
Clancy
Nibbio
Nibbio
Clancy

Craig's GRiSO.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Craig's GRiSO....   Craig's GRiSO.... Icon_minitime1Sun May 07, 2017 7:29 pm

Well Pete got brought it up from Geelong then attacked it with gutso

Then he dropped it off to me at work, where it stayed overnight in the secure carpark.

The next day I rode it home.

And yesterday I got to take it out for our first proper ride together.
(Just beyond the first hill behind the bike is where I hit the roo)

I'm still struggling with a broken little finger on my right hand and a dodgy left clavicle so I can't put the bike through it's paces, but I can already answer one question.
Did I do the right thing changing from a V7 to a GRiSO?
F*ck Yeah Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
MalG
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
MalG

Craig's GRiSO.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Craig's GRiSO....   Craig's GRiSO.... Icon_minitime1Sun May 07, 2017 10:04 pm

We understand (sigh); he's only young & doesn't know any better.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Craig's GRiSO.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Craig's GRiSO....   Craig's GRiSO.... Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Craig's GRiSO....
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next