GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

GRiSO owner from England

Go down 
+5
wardentm
Ekimyrf
petarzil
jonnymac
GuzziHero
9 posters
AuthorMessage
GuzziHero
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
GuzziHero

GRiSO owner from England Empty
PostSubject: GRiSO owner from England   GRiSO owner from England Icon_minitime1Wed May 10, 2017 12:38 pm

Hi,

Didn't even know this forum existed till today.  I have owned a GRiSO 1100 since 2009, bought with only 860 miles on and I will never sell it.  I've been a Guzzisti for many years, first with a V50/II and then a 1100 California.  Other makes have come and go, but I will always have a Guzzi.

I also do trackdays, and even my beloved GRiSO has been on track.  Here she is showing the Japanese bikes how its done... round the outside at 80 in the wet!  In fairness, I usually run Fast group but it is not the place for a Guzzi Wink

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down
jonnymac
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
jonnymac

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO owner from England   GRiSO owner from England Icon_minitime1Wed May 10, 2017 12:42 pm

Glad I could point you in the right direction for once Very Happy
Welcome
Back to top Go down
petarzil
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
petarzil

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO owner from England   GRiSO owner from England Icon_minitime1Wed May 10, 2017 12:50 pm

Welcome!
Back to top Go down
Ekimyrf
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Ekimyrf

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO owner from England   GRiSO owner from England Icon_minitime1Wed May 10, 2017 1:48 pm

Welcome, have seen your bike on the web its very distinctive
Back to top Go down
wardentm
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wardentm

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO owner from England   GRiSO owner from England Icon_minitime1Wed May 10, 2017 3:25 pm

G'day GH
welcome from us all down under in Tasmania
enjoy the stay and please stay safe and warm
cheers
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO owner from England   GRiSO owner from England Icon_minitime1Wed May 10, 2017 4:19 pm

Welcome, GH.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
Lehctim
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Lehctim

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO owner from England   GRiSO owner from England Icon_minitime1Wed May 10, 2017 9:01 pm

Welcome fellow newbie!
Back to top Go down
sidrat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sidrat

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO owner from England   GRiSO owner from England Icon_minitime1Thu May 11, 2017 3:59 am

Hello and welcome, i too do trackdays and would like to take the GRiSO around, but cannot bring myself to do so.

Probably too late to meet up for our UK GRiSO meet this weekend?

Where are you in the UK, you can add yourself to the map :-)
Back to top Go down
GuzziHero
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
GuzziHero

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO owner from England   GRiSO owner from England Icon_minitime1Thu May 11, 2017 11:38 am

I didn't know about the meet at all, sadly I've agreed to work this weekend :/  I'm from Stoke on Trent.

About the G11 on track, I'd go for it if I were you.  Mine is the single most important item I own, being partially an heirloom of my parents, and just being my dream bike.  But I would never forgive myself if I did not experience its capabilities in full.

I've taken it on Cadwell where it was a welcome break from my usual Yamaha R6, and it didn't embarrass itself.  I set reasonable times in Intermediate group, only 13s from my R6 best which isn't bad considering I was being so careful.  It handles slow corners well thanks to the wide bars, several of my friends have said it handles far better than it has any right to!

The stand touching down is a little bit irritating though!

My bike has been mildly modified from stock, mostly cosmetic parts but it has a full ECU reflash, stepper and lambda bypass, K&N air filter, MTC exhaust and I've put my Guzzitech custom Y pipe back on since I was at Mallory.

So it is back in this configuration.

Back to top Go down
sidrat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sidrat

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO owner from England   GRiSO owner from England Icon_minitime1Thu May 11, 2017 1:17 pm

GuzziHero wrote:

I've taken it on Cadwell

The stand touching down is a little bit irritating though!

So I live in Lincolnshire, Cadwell is 25 miles north of me, i know it well. I did a Brands Hatch GP track day a couple of weeks ago on a 600 Honda and was going to take the GRiSO for one session, but in the end it rained heavily so went in the car. I have always thought about doing the Morini track day, but cannot make the date.

I am very wary of the sidestand, but get the pegs down on the right!
Back to top Go down
wardentm
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wardentm

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO owner from England   GRiSO owner from England Icon_minitime1Thu May 11, 2017 3:34 pm

Great pics, thanks for posting
Pretty looking ride ......
Have a safe day
Back to top Go down
NorthernProducer
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
NorthernProducer

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO owner from England   GRiSO owner from England Icon_minitime1Fri May 12, 2017 5:02 am

Welcome to the forum!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO owner from England   GRiSO owner from England Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

GRiSO owner from England
Page 1 of 1