GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Old GRiSO, New owner

Go down 
+4
GuzziSteve
Street
beetle
SinCityChef
8 posters
AuthorMessage
SinCityChef
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
SinCityChef

Old GRiSO, New owner Empty
PostSubject: Old GRiSO, New owner   Old GRiSO, New owner Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 12, 2023 1:09 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]Hi Guys, I’m a happy new owner of 07 GRiSO 1100, which I bought for a song. It’s already outfitted with everything I need. DQ exhaust, Risoma bars, ASV levers, throttle lock etc. I have to say that, this bike is impressive and I own California v11ev.

kindoy2, Svartipants and mickfinn like this post

Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Old GRiSO, New owner   Old GRiSO, New owner Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 12, 2023 1:29 am

Welcome!

ghetto

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: Old GRiSO, New owner   Old GRiSO, New owner Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 12, 2023 1:49 am

Welcome to the Ghetto, Chef! Looks just like my first GRiSO except for the pipe wrap. Of course it's your bike, but IMNSHO, that's gotta go.  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  

Pete (Street)

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
SinCityChef
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
SinCityChef

PostSubject: Re: Old GRiSO, New owner   Old GRiSO, New owner Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 12, 2023 2:00 am

Street wrote:
Welcome to the Ghetto, Chef! Looks just like my first GRiSO except for the pipe wrap. Of course it's your bike, but IMNSHO, that's gotta go.  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  

Pete (Street)
Hi Pete, that will be the first thing to do. I never understood why people are wrapping their pipes
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Old GRiSO, New owner   Old GRiSO, New owner Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 12, 2023 2:15 am

Phew! I'm glad someone else brought that up.

cheers

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
GuzziSteve
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo
GuzziSteve

PostSubject: Re: Old GRiSO, New owner   Old GRiSO, New owner Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 12, 2023 3:38 am

Black looks good on red, coat them. What a deal on the G. How many miles?
Back to top Go down
SinCityChef
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
SinCityChef

PostSubject: Re: Old GRiSO, New owner   Old GRiSO, New owner Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 12, 2023 7:25 am

GuzziSteve wrote:
Black looks good on red, coat them. What a deal on the G. How many miles?
16k miles. Can’t wait to take it to the mountains
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Old GRiSO, New owner   Old GRiSO, New owner Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 12, 2023 12:36 pm

Swing arm bearings and shock linkage bearings. A must to address on any CARC bike.
Back to top Go down
bioman
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bioman

PostSubject: Re: Old GRiSO, New owner   Old GRiSO, New owner Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 14, 2023 5:35 pm

Congrats with the bike!!  Those 07 1100's are the best!!  Wink

(but yes, those wraps are inexcusable!)
Back to top Go down
okuraner
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
okuraner

PostSubject: Re: Old GRiSO, New owner   Old GRiSO, New owner Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 18, 2023 8:37 am

Hello welcome to ghetto

Back to top Go down
GuzziSteve
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo
GuzziSteve

PostSubject: Re: Old GRiSO, New owner   Old GRiSO, New owner Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 21, 2023 5:33 pm

Let's put this one on top, How's that cheap G doing?
Back to top Go down
SinCityChef
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
SinCityChef

PostSubject: Re: Old GRiSO, New owner   Old GRiSO, New owner Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 22, 2023 4:25 am

GuzziSteve wrote:
Let's put this one on top,  How's that cheap G doing?
The GRiSO is doing great. It’s an amazing motorcycle. Sadly, it has a sport handlebars installed, which seems to be lower than the original, and I think I’ll have a hard time finding handlebar risers. Riding position is a little bit cramped for me, but I didn’t feel any pain after 1 hour ride. The sound of the DQ exhaust is pure bliss. 
This bike just ask you to ride more aggressively. 
One thing I have to get used to is the clutch. It feels so different than my 98 California V11EV. I put back the top box luggage rack and I’m looking at some saddle bags options. I’m trying to make it a sport tourer. 
Does anyone has an experience with the SW Motech LC2 bag
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Old GRiSO, New owner   Old GRiSO, New owner Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 22, 2023 4:42 am

Handlebar risers are available from Onur in Turkey. Quite a few of us have them on our bikes. I also have a set of Rox risers knocking about if you're interested but they're ugly compared to Onur's ones.

You can contact Onur via PM or he advertises on the web I believe.
Back to top Go down
SinCityChef
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
SinCityChef

PostSubject: Re: Old GRiSO, New owner   Old GRiSO, New owner Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 22, 2023 4:49 am

Pete Roper wrote:
Handlebar risers are available from Onur in Turkey. Quite a few of us have them on our bikes. I also have a set of Rox risers knocking about if you're interested but they're ugly compared to Onur's ones.

You can contact Onur via PM or he advertises on the web I believe.
I already talked to Onur and he said that his risers won’t work. This is what I have installed
Back to top Go down
SinCityChef
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
SinCityChef

PostSubject: Re: Old GRiSO, New owner   Old GRiSO, New owner Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 22, 2023 4:50 am

Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Old GRiSO, New owner   Old GRiSO, New owner Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 22, 2023 5:25 am

I'm pretty sure I've got a set of the original risers in the 'Mountain of munt'. Would that help?
Back to top Go down
Chris W
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Chris W

PostSubject: Re: Old GRiSO, New owner   Old GRiSO, New owner Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 22, 2023 12:28 pm

$85 in the states
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Old GRiSO, New owner   Old GRiSO, New owner Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 22, 2023 12:36 pm

Cheaper than I could do. Go for it. You could amortise some of the cost by on-selling the ugly bits of munt that are on it at the moment.
Back to top Go down
SinCityChef
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
SinCityChef

PostSubject: Re: Old GRiSO, New owner   Old GRiSO, New owner Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 22, 2023 3:29 pm

Hi Chris, that’s awesome. I’m going to need a set of handlebars as well. The current “Risoma “ bars are different diameter in the middle. Can you guys recommend ? Also what is the length of the OEM handlebar risers?
Thank you
Back to top Go down
GuzziSteve
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo
GuzziSteve

PostSubject: Re: Old GRiSO, New owner   Old GRiSO, New owner Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 22, 2023 3:58 pm

Glad to see it's working out for you. The clutch is the same double plate, just activated by a master & slave cylinder.
Back to top Go down
GuzziSteve
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo
GuzziSteve

PostSubject: Re: Old GRiSO, New owner   Old GRiSO, New owner Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 23, 2023 4:04 pm

Again on top so you'll see this not the troll
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Old GRiSO, New owner   Old GRiSO, New owner Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Old GRiSO, New owner
Page 1 of 1