GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

IPOTHESYS -- black chrome plated

Go down 
+16
Rochesterguzzi
Oz1200Guzzi
cognosticator
Diablo Loco
BB43215
Pete Roper
MikePP
zebraranger
Papa Lazarou
2highlander
wardentm
Nobleswood
beetle
sidrat
Steak
WhiteGC
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

IPOTHESYS -- black chrome plated - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: IPOTHESYS -- black chrome plated   IPOTHESYS -- black chrome plated - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:51 pm

Don't sell, good things await, and as you say, you will have bandwidth in 12 months. Sell, you will regret it.

Patience!
Back to top Go down
BB43215
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
BB43215

PostSubject: Re: IPOTHESYS -- black chrome plated   IPOTHESYS -- black chrome plated - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:12 pm

WhiteGC wrote:
I would like to find someone who loves this bike as much as I do AND has time to ride.
Since I purchased this nice GRiSO in April 2017 I could put on 200 miles only. No time to ride.
If I couldn't identify anyone who really wants to have THIS bike, I will keep it.
I should have more time to spend on a bike in a year or so ...

Keep it. It would be a real shame to have put all that effort into it for someone else to enjoy. and in several years from now you'll regret having lost it for something as trivial as your current lack of time to enjoy it. Not to mention, with the upgrades you've made you'll never get out of what you've already put into it and then will have a tough time starting over again once you do have the time to enjoy it.
Back to top Go down
https://columbuscraftcocktailtour.com
WhiteGC
Carlotto
Carlotto
WhiteGC

PostSubject: Re: IPOTHESYS -- black chrome plated   IPOTHESYS -- black chrome plated - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:25 pm

Yes, I agree. And the probability of keeping it is much higher than selling it ;-)

Still, I'm trying to find a "lucky one" who would enjoy this bike as much as I do.
Last year I sold a nicely refurbished 2002 Ducati 748S (matte titanium color, the one with the red rims) after enjoying it for several years. It went to the Chicago area and I lost most of the money I invested in upgrades. However, the new owner is still sending me emails about the exceptionally good quality of that bike. And that is a very good feeling for me. Despite of the financial loss ...
Back to top Go down
WhiteGC
Carlotto
Carlotto
WhiteGC

PostSubject: Re: IPOTHESYS -- black chrome plated   IPOTHESYS -- black chrome plated - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:27 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Rochesterguzzi
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Rochesterguzzi

PostSubject: Re: IPOTHESYS -- black chrome plated   IPOTHESYS -- black chrome plated - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:56 pm

Where did you get that tail tidy for the GRiSO?
Back to top Go down
PunkScout
Carlotto
Carlotto
PunkScout

PostSubject: Re: IPOTHESYS -- black chrome plated   IPOTHESYS -- black chrome plated - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:50 am

WhiteGC wrote:
I would like to find someone who loves this bike as much as I do AND has time to ride.
Since I purchased this nice GRiSO in April 2017 I could put on 200 miles only. No time to ride.
If I couldn't identify anyone who really wants to have THIS bike, I will keep it.
I should have more time to spend on a bike in a year or so ...

I sympathize, I've had years where I just couldn't ride. I'm not here to tell you what's best in your case, but I had a year recently I just couldn't ride. I was super bummed, why am I paying insurance on this machine I can't use? It's losing value every year and it's just sitting there. Ultimately, I kept mine. I've gotten to ride quiet a bit this season and I'm glad I kept it. Either way that's a freaking beautiful machine, so if you keep it, good - it's lovely. If you decide to sell .... hopefully someone gets enjoyment out of it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: IPOTHESYS -- black chrome plated   IPOTHESYS -- black chrome plated - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:16 am

"Gleaming like blackened sunshine"
Back to top Go down
WhiteGC
Carlotto
Carlotto
WhiteGC

PostSubject: Re: IPOTHESYS -- black chrome plated   IPOTHESYS -- black chrome plated - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:27 pm

Rochesterguzzi wrote:
Where did you get that tail tidy for the GRiSO?

This is the GRiSO Rear Fender Eliminator Kit from GuzziTech.
It works well with the license plate frame with integrated LED light that is from GuzziTech too.
Back to top Go down
jmardy
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
jmardy

PostSubject: Re: IPOTHESYS -- black chrome plated   IPOTHESYS -- black chrome plated - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:09 pm

I'm considering selling the GRiSO and thinking about putting it back to stock and selling the Ipothesys exhaust and oil cooler relocation kit separately. Any interest? Still only a couple hundred miles on the system.
Back to top Go down
sideshowbob
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sideshowbob

PostSubject: Re: IPOTHESYS -- black chrome plated   IPOTHESYS -- black chrome plated - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:51 pm

Maybe. Price?
Back to top Go down
jmardy
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
jmardy

PostSubject: Re: IPOTHESYS -- black chrome plated   IPOTHESYS -- black chrome plated - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:02 am

$1000 seems fair.
I could maybe sell the bike for $1000 less than I paid for it and not lose too much?
Back to top Go down
sideshowbob
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sideshowbob

PostSubject: Re: IPOTHESYS -- black chrome plated   IPOTHESYS -- black chrome plated - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:55 am

Does sound fair. Did you get the map sorted for it?
Back to top Go down
jmardy
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
jmardy

PostSubject: Re: IPOTHESYS -- black chrome plated   IPOTHESYS -- black chrome plated - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:56 am

sideshowbob wrote:
Does sound fair. Did you get the map sorted for it?
PO got a map from Beetle and it's perfect.
Back to top Go down
Cagefree
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Cagefree

PostSubject: Re: IPOTHESYS -- black chrome plated   IPOTHESYS -- black chrome plated - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:56 am

Id like to see the black chrome exhaust after a few years of heat cycling. I had a black chrome system(aftermarket) on a Yamaha years ago and it looked really great when new but after a years got dull and shitty looking. I tried all sorts of cleaners and methods to keep it nice but wound up just using header paint in satin black to make it presentable. Defiantly not the same a regular chrome.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IPOTHESYS -- black chrome plated   IPOTHESYS -- black chrome plated - Page 3 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

IPOTHESYS -- black chrome plated
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3