GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Arrow muffler, Any Beetle maps?

Go down 
+2
beetle
Triman023
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Triman023
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Triman023

Arrow muffler, Any Beetle maps? Empty
PostSubject: Arrow muffler, Any Beetle maps?   Arrow muffler, Any Beetle maps? Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:30 am

I am looking at this  

71669PRI - SILENCER EXHAUST ARROW PRO-RACING S. STEEL MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200

It comes with the DB killer but no mention of a CAT.I think I saw that some got one of these but I am
a bit leery of it unless I can get a new map.

Price is $379, a bargain!

What say?
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Arrow muffler, Any Beetle maps?   Arrow muffler, Any Beetle maps? Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:35 pm

Steak uses the Mistral Hi-Pipe NodBk map in his GRiSO with Arrow, I believe. He might be able to tell you how it performs.

bounce

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Triman023
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Triman023

PostSubject: Re: Arrow muffler, Any Beetle maps?   Arrow muffler, Any Beetle maps? Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:51 pm

Thanks, got a PM to Steak right now.

Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: Arrow muffler, Any Beetle maps?   Arrow muffler, Any Beetle maps? Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:37 pm

Everything above is correct. No cat-con in the can, I AM running the Mistral High-pipe no dBK map and I grin from ear to ear every time I give it the berries!

Like I said in my PM response. The ARROW can is by far the best bang for the buck out there and the build quality is second to none. All parts of the ARROW exhaust system built for the GRiSO are interchangeable with the OEM parts. So pick and choose whatever suits your tastes.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
Triman023
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Triman023

PostSubject: Re: Arrow muffler, Any Beetle maps?   Arrow muffler, Any Beetle maps? Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:17 am

Thanks Steak

Cant wait till it comes!

The description says racing but I think its really the same muffler.

Back to top Go down
Triman023
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Triman023

PostSubject: Re: Arrow muffler, Any Beetle maps?   Arrow muffler, Any Beetle maps? Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:47 am

By the way, the Mistral High-pipe no dBK map is excellent!
This pipe is a bit noisier than stock but its a nice raspy sound. Oddly enough it seems to only get louder up to 4,000 rims then it seems to have the same volume as the stock pipe.

or I have gone deaf..
Back to top Go down
MrGPz
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
MrGPz

PostSubject: Re: Arrow muffler, Any Beetle maps?   Arrow muffler, Any Beetle maps? Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:30 pm

Triman023 wrote:
This pipe is a bit noisier than stock but its a nice raspy sound. Oddly enough it seems to only get louder up to 4,000 rims then it seems to have the same volume as the stock pipe.

or I have gone deaf..

Maybe you are in ZX12 territory
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: Arrow muffler, Any Beetle maps?   Arrow muffler, Any Beetle maps? Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:54 pm

Triman023 wrote:

or I have gone deaf..

You are going faster than the sound can catch. Awesome
Back to top Go down
sideshowbob
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sideshowbob

PostSubject: Re: Arrow muffler, Any Beetle maps?   Arrow muffler, Any Beetle maps? Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:06 am

Who sells it for that price?
Back to top Go down
MrGPz
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
MrGPz

PostSubject: Re: Arrow muffler, Any Beetle maps?   Arrow muffler, Any Beetle maps? Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 01, 2017 1:32 pm

I have the Arrow, it sounds great, i had the Beetle factory map, for when i ran the stock exhaust and the map worked well on both the factory and the Arrow exhaust.
I have since, last week, installed the Beetel Hi Mistral Map No dBK as recommended above.

The bike still needs a minute to warm up, otherwise the power delivery, smoothness, and economy has greatly improved.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Arrow muffler, Any Beetle maps?   Arrow muffler, Any Beetle maps? Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:43 pm

I can fix that.

cheers

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
MrGPz
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
MrGPz

PostSubject: Re: Arrow muffler, Any Beetle maps?   Arrow muffler, Any Beetle maps? Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:56 pm

beetle wrote:
I can fix that.

cheers

On startup from cold, 15°C at my place, it will idle OK with an occasional hiccup.
If i ride straight away, it misses quite badly and i have to pull in the clutch and nurse it away a bit.
Literally 1-2 minutes and it will pull cleanly.

To be fair it is perfectly acceptable, but if it is possible to get rid of the stumble, that would be great.
Note: don't know if it is relevant but, altitude is sea level. Bike is garaged with a minimum of ambient of 13°C in winter.
Cheers,
Glenn
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: Arrow muffler, Any Beetle maps?   Arrow muffler, Any Beetle maps? Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:58 am

I got mine from GRS in Perugia, Italy. The VAT tax is waved for non-EU purchasers but with international shipping it's pretty much a wash. Call or email as they have someone on staff who does speak English.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
MrGPz
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
MrGPz

PostSubject: Re: Arrow muffler, Any Beetle maps?   Arrow muffler, Any Beetle maps? Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:33 am

beetle wrote:
I can fix that.

cheers

Fixed!!, thanks for the maps, will test out this weekend on an organised 800km ride

Glenn
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Arrow muffler, Any Beetle maps?   Arrow muffler, Any Beetle maps? Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:48 am

cheers

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
MrGPz
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
MrGPz

PostSubject: Re: Arrow muffler, Any Beetle maps?   Arrow muffler, Any Beetle maps? Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:22 pm

Ok, so I've done 1200+kays on the Beetle Arrow map.
My seat of the pants, observations are;
Power/torque - more power/torque over the rev range, although rarely did I get over 6500rpm.

Fuel economy - this is difficult, as the map enables you to ride quicker more easily. The fuel economy display is quite often wrong. It took me a while to work it out, but, the display must calculate economy based on throttle position, fuel delivery etc. In the twisties, my economy increases dramatically, it has been down to 5.1L/100k. on the straights, the economy drops to over 6L/100k. I think the economy meter can't keep up with the quickly changing throttle in the twisties.

Overall, i think the difference to both the stock map and the Beetle stock map is quite noticeable.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Arrow muffler, Any Beetle maps?   Arrow muffler, Any Beetle maps? Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Arrow muffler, Any Beetle maps?
Page 1 of 1