GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Ecu service code 27

Go down 
+2
Pete Roper
Rochesterguzzi
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Rochesterguzzi
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Rochesterguzzi

Ecu service code 27 Empty
PostSubject: Ecu service code 27   Ecu service code 27 Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:57 pm

2016 GRiSO less than 1000 miles so basically new. I was riding on the highway then transitioned to slower stop and go traffic around town and the bike stated to sputter and misfire and appear to be running on one cylinder. It even stalled at a light once.  The reserve fuel light had just come on so I figured that was the case so I immediately fueled it up.  With a fresh tank of fuel it continued the issue for about a quarter mile then smoothed out. No codes thrown yet.  The problem didn't rear it's ugly head for another 40 ish miles.  

Same riding conditions highway to town  full tank this time, it does it again except worse and actually throws a code (ecu 27) which i believe is a injector error. Anyone have any idea why?

It has done it a few times with no codes thrown but I feels like it's going to die. Taking it you the dealer asap.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Ecu service code 27   Ecu service code 27 Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:27 pm

Has it had its first service? Were the plug caps damaged when they were removed and the spark be earthing to the rocker cover?
Back to top Go down
Rochesterguzzi
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Rochesterguzzi

PostSubject: Re: Ecu service code 27   Ecu service code 27 Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:10 am

Happened way before the first service. Spark plug caps appear to be good
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Ecu service code 27   Ecu service code 27 Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:12 pm

The reason I suggest plug cap is because it is a really common cause of a cylinder dropping out and when the spark starts jumping to earth it can cause all sorts of gremlins with the dash.

If you take the covers off the plug caps and fire it up in a darkened garage you should be able to both see and hear the spark snapping to earth on the rocker cover if this is the source of the problem. Just because they 'Look good' doesn't mean they are.

When you inspected them how did you remove them? Not by pulling them up from the top I hope?

Pete
Back to top Go down
Rochesterguzzi
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Rochesterguzzi

PostSubject: Re: Ecu service code 27   Ecu service code 27 Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:38 pm

I'll try that. I never have taken them off. It's just strange that it does it after being on the highway. I'll try the garage trick
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Ecu service code 27   Ecu service code 27 Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:38 pm

Heat increases resistance so the likelihood of the spark arcing increases. Also as the engine's speed rises the volumetric efficiency plummets making the combustion chamber less hostile. This goes some way towards explaining why the engine goes back on two and power increases dramatically once the engine speed rises to a certain point.
Back to top Go down
Rochesterguzzi
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Rochesterguzzi

PostSubject: Re: Ecu service code 27   Ecu service code 27 Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:22 am

Status update: it turned out to be a spark plug wire. But now I have other issues; the dealer has had the bike for about a month now and I'm getting increasingly impatient. Any idea on what I can/ should do? A month turn around time on this issue is totally unacceptable in my mind.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Ecu service code 27   Ecu service code 27 Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:31 am

Buy a pair of NGK SB05E plug caps. Take them to the shop and ask them to fit them. If they refuse? Do it yourself. Problem fixed. Never go back again unless it throw's a leg out of bed and learn to do it yourself.

Pete
Back to top Go down
Rochesterguzzi
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Rochesterguzzi

PostSubject: Re: Ecu service code 27   Ecu service code 27 Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:59 am

I guess I didn't want to mess with it since it was a warrenty thing. I hind sight I should have done it myself. They ordered the part from Italy so hopefully I will be riding soon
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Ecu service code 27   Ecu service code 27 Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:11 am

Look, I have to say the warranty issue has to be overblown. If it's taking them months to fix a busted plug cap how long do you think it would take them to fix a *Real* warranty issue, not one caused by their own incompetence? The post roller bikes are basically bulletproof. Fuck these drongos off and learn to do it yourself, it's not hard, and remember I'm a bloke who makes his living working on Guzzis so in theory it should be counter intuitive for me to be suggesting this. Unfortunately I'm sick of seeing mistake and screw-up being piled upon more of the same until the brand and by extension myself is dragged into disrepute.

The W5AM is sooooo simple to work with. Just learn how to do it.

Pete
Back to top Go down
Rochesterguzzi
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Rochesterguzzi

PostSubject: Re: Ecu service code 27   Ecu service code 27 Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:24 am

I will agree with you. From now on I will do everything. Any suggestions on scan tools?
Back to top Go down
wardentm
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wardentm

PostSubject: Re: Ecu service code 27   Ecu service code 27 Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:07 am

This is total bullshit .....
I find it hard to believe ......
What it the hell is happening in some of these shops ?
Try to keep smilin
Back to top Go down
Rochesterguzzi
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Rochesterguzzi

PostSubject: Re: Ecu service code 27   Ecu service code 27 Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:11 am

New update: just called to see what was going on with the bike since I have not received any updates. They are finding that a fuel injector was bad so now I have to wait for them to order more parts. I almost want to tell them to give me my money back. I've had the bike for three months and its been in the shop for a month now.
Back to top Go down
sidrat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sidrat

PostSubject: Re: Ecu service code 27   Ecu service code 27 Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:15 pm

Hey Rochesterguzzi, i had a similar issue when i got mine, purchased it at the end of August got it back from the dealer in full working order in November, ride it a week that year. Since then it has provided me with some of the best motorcycling ever :-) The bike is worth the wait or indeed weight !
Back to top Go down
Rochesterguzzi
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Rochesterguzzi

PostSubject: Re: Ecu service code 27   Ecu service code 27 Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:18 pm

I'm just pissed at their customer service. I just got off the phone with paggio and they were super helpful
Back to top Go down
sidrat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sidrat

PostSubject: Re: Ecu service code 27   Ecu service code 27 Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:20 pm

maybe you need another dealer, but i know they are few and far between
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Ecu service code 27   Ecu service code 27 Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:27 pm

Rochesterguzzi wrote:
I will agree with you.  From now on I will do everything. Any suggestions on scan tools?

Read up on Guzzidiag, it's the only *Electronic* tooling you'll need. With that, a Morgan Carbtune and a handful of decent hand tools you'll be golden.

Pete
Back to top Go down
MotoMT
Carlotto
Carlotto
MotoMT

PostSubject: Re: Ecu service code 27   Ecu service code 27 Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:46 am

Pete Roper wrote:
Read up on Guzzidiag, it's the only *Electronic* tooling you'll need. With that, a Morgan Carbtune and a handful of decent hand tools you'll be golden.

Pete

^^ This ^^

My bike was under warranty, and needed work, but the closest shop is in Seattle ~ 9 hours away. I had to fix it myself. Point being, you might as well be that far away given your circumstances. I'm no mechanic by any means, but these bikes are so simple to service and there are tons of people willing to offer advice. Get a shop manual, read this forum and ask questions; and for sure you'll be golden  Thumbs Up

Good thread on Guzzidiag is here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Rochesterguzzi
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Rochesterguzzi

PostSubject: Re: Ecu service code 27   Ecu service code 27 Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:03 pm

thanks for the support I very much appreciate it!
Back to top Go down
motor-timothy
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
motor-timothy

PostSubject: Re: Ecu service code 27   Ecu service code 27 Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:50 am

Speaking from my own experience with both an incompetent dealer and some issues with my GRiSO, I can only agree with everything said here. And especially on the accursed spark plug caps! In fact after my own experience (damaged caps resulting in running on one cylinder after the dealer replaced the spark plugs during service, then had to pay 140€ for 2 new 'official' caps, and one of these new ones was damaged as well probably when they installed it, again resulting in the bike running on one cylinder within a week) I seriously recommend replacing those horrific caps asap with the NGK ones mentioned by Pete Roper (best fit is SD05E, but from what I understood in the US you can only get the SB05E ones which are fine also) even if you get the bike back and everything is seemingly fixed. It's roughly a 10€ investment and takes <10 minutes to do.
Back to top Go down
Rochesterguzzi
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Rochesterguzzi

PostSubject: Re: Ecu service code 27   Ecu service code 27 Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:08 pm

Got the bike back today with all problems due to a pinched wiring harness from the factory at the time of assembly. I have a picture but I don't know how to post it
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ecu service code 27   Ecu service code 27 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Ecu service code 27
Page 1 of 1