GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Insert the service code.... SERVICE

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mandrake
Carlotto
Carlotto
Mandrake

Insert the service code.... SERVICE Empty
PostSubject: Insert the service code.... SERVICE   Insert the service code.... SERVICE Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:46 pm

I dunno if these are dumb questions and I have already been receiving some kind help from Beetle but I've been working on the bike this AM and am flummoxed and Beetles not currently around.

I have just been through process of pulling out the " memjet module" which is a fairly " blunt" way of seeking to enrich the fuel mix and have installed one of Beetles maps.

All seemed to go well except Im now have a " Service" message on the dash and the top right red light is on.

I haver gone into the mode via handlebar and diagnostics wants me to enter a " service code" which I don't have. Any ideas? Should there be a generic one ?

I have taken a quick look through Guzzi diag and cannot see anything too amiss other that an error code on the faults tab " PO110 too high".

I'm wondering if the cable that the memjet was plugged into should be plugged into anything else ( e.g. the air temp sensor) but cant't see a likely candidate at the back of the loom so it's currently hanging free?

Anyways if anyone has any ideas? The bike is seemingly running really well and it's dry sunny day today so I'm itching to ride to check out the new map if there's no catastrophe looming!

I'll try to attach pics of the messages and cable end of the memjet but not sure how to do it sooooo....

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Insert the service code.... SERVICE   Insert the service code.... SERVICE Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:57 pm

P0110 is an air temp sensor failure. A quick google of the memjet shows that it is connected to the air sensor. It's in the airbox as you know, so you'll have to find the lead and reconnect it. It's part of the fuel correction, so fuelling will improve after you reconnect it.

The sensor is at the front of the airbox. You should be able to find the connector by removing the right 'wing' and feeling around up under the tank towards the airbox. You could also see it if you remove the battery and the battery 'box' rubber.

silent

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Insert the service code.... SERVICE   Insert the service code.... SERVICE Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:04 pm

The service code is at the top of the homepage! 12425.

As for the fault code it will be due to the Memjet being removed and the sensor not being reconnected. If the Memjet is, as I seem to remember, an air temperature sensor fooler then whatever it was plugged into or between should be reconnected.

The ATS sits on the top/side of the airbox and the plug that the Memjet was connected to should be plugged into it.

Gimme a few minutes and I'll go and take a couple of pics of my shitheap.

The sensor sits at the front of the airbox....

][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

It's plug should be nearby.

][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Insert the plug into the sensor...

And press it home!

cheers
Back to top Go down
Mandrake
Carlotto
Carlotto
Mandrake

PostSubject: Re: Insert the service code.... SERVICE   Insert the service code.... SERVICE Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:36 am

You guys are legends. Thanks very much!!! All sorted and very happy. There was a intermediate cable with a splitter and once I worked that out ( Duh!!) I found the air sensor connection between the air box and battery in plain view per your pics Pete.

service alarm has now gone and I reset via Guzzi tech with Beetles instructions again to be sure.

On a 20 mins mixed run the fuel consumption is down from high 8's ( or more!) to 6.4L/100km with some medium aggressive riding ( in the interest of science/research ;-p) thrown in. I'll expect lower with more refined riding style and as I get to know the bike better.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Insert the service code.... SERVICE   Insert the service code.... SERVICE Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:51 am

'High 8's'!!! Oh for fucks sakes! I did t realise the memjet was that awful!
Back to top Go down
Mandrake
Carlotto
Carlotto
Mandrake

PostSubject: Re: Insert the service code.... SERVICE   Insert the service code.... SERVICE Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:59 am

Yep, and that was with it dialled down near 1 though some of that could be me riding like I stole it. I'm more than happy to see the back of the memjet. FREE to a good home if anyone wants it.  I'll be happier when the bike (especially the tappets)  gets checked out by Brad the bike boy too as the top end is a little noisier than I imagine it should be.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Insert the service code.... SERVICE   Insert the service code.... SERVICE Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:16 am

What year is it? If it's pre mid 2012 it'll be a flattie and they will ALL fail. If you're going to have to do a 'buy it yourself' job I have kits in stock or on the way from Europe and they will almost certainly be cheaper than from PS.

We also have a LOT of experience with rollerisation so if you want it fixed quick it might be worth a trip north. Not spamming. Just sayin'!

Pete
Back to top Go down
Mandrake
Carlotto
Carlotto
Mandrake

PostSubject: Re: Insert the service code.... SERVICE   Insert the service code.... SERVICE Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:22 am

Thanks Pete, that's one issue I'm good for. It's last years model.  I just have concerns overall coz whilst the prior guy did a good few mods ( and some less good ones) , I wasn't clear that it had had a proper service yet as no convincing paperwork since general modding at 755km.

As mentioned before I would like to have come up your way for the mentoring aspect as I hope to transition to doing general service stuff myself but you're a fair way away and if my sciatica got grumpy at me part way there.............
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Insert the service code.... SERVICE   Insert the service code.... SERVICE Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 10, 2017 7:13 am

If its a 15+ you're golden. Last ones are bulletproof apart from swingarm/linkage bearings. No sump spacer on the 15+ bikes and I haven't heard of one blowing a gasket yet. Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Insert the service code.... SERVICE   Insert the service code.... SERVICE Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Insert the service code.... SERVICE
Page 1 of 1