GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Mysterious o-ring

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ecs
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
ecs

Mysterious o-ring Empty
PostSubject: Mysterious o-ring   Mysterious o-ring Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:05 am

Ended up with an orphan o-ring when putting my rear brake lever back on.  Can only find a reference to it on another forum from 2011 where Ghezzi just says to throw it away.

It is #13 in the parts diagram below.  #14 screws into #16 and #17 inserts into #16 and clips onto the shaft of #14.  The o-ring must go north of that clip on the bottom of #17 to #14. Any idea why it is there?  

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Mysterious o-ring Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mysterious o-ring   Mysterious o-ring Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:23 am

Sorry, I think you contacted me asking about this and I forgot to reply. Thing is I've looked at the M/C and can't for the life of me work out where it fits or what it does! Very Happy

Pete
Back to top Go down
ecs
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
ecs

Mysterious o-ring Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mysterious o-ring   Mysterious o-ring Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:20 am

I thought it must have been so obvious you declined to answer, but glad it has got you stumped too - bet that does not happen too often tongue .

A zip tie would do a better job holding the shaft to the clip unless it needs to flex??
Back to top Go down
bioman
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bioman

Mysterious o-ring Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mysterious o-ring   Mysterious o-ring Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:46 am

That's funny: I had exactly the same question when I put a new master cylinder on my Stelvio last week (as the original one stopped working and it appeared that it is impossible to find a rebuilt-kit for this model).

Anyway, in the end I looked at the setup on my GRiSO and all I can think of is that it is meant to keep the 14-16-17 assy from rattling? I agree that a zip tie will most likely do the job just fine.
Back to top Go down
ecs
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
ecs

Mysterious o-ring Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mysterious o-ring   Mysterious o-ring Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:29 am

Stopping rattling is the answer I think - makes more sense now.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

Mysterious o-ring Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mysterious o-ring   Mysterious o-ring Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:40 pm

It goes over the clip on #17 to stop it accidentally un-clipping.

I am not kidding.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Mysterious o-ring Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mysterious o-ring   Mysterious o-ring Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:57 pm

Well spotted!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Mysterious o-ring Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mysterious o-ring   Mysterious o-ring Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Mysterious o-ring
Page 1 of 1