GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Mysterious Pipes

Go down 
+3
GHTE
sidrat
Paggers
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Paggers
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Paggers

Mysterious Pipes Empty
PostSubject: Mysterious Pipes   Mysterious Pipes Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:04 am

Hi All
Got my 06 GRiSO a couple of months back, the more I ride it, the more I love it.  It needs a bit of tidying up & I think it is crying out for a remap (I’ve sent a message to beetle regarding this).
BUT.
The more I look around it the more 'should that be like that' things I find! (think it was owned by a bit of a cowboy at some time!)
Up to now I've managed to sort them myself, but this one a bit of help/suggestions would be appreciated.
Right, what I’ve found are 5 pipes dangling just behind the gearbox.
1 black hardish plastic – looks like maybe it should be there, ends up under the seat connected to nothing.
2 black hardish plastic – can’t trace where it goes.
3 soft clear plastic - can’t trace where it goes, has a clip on the end so must have been connected to something.
4 & 5 soft clear plastic - can’t trace where they go, both blanked off with a bung.
Any ideas?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Any ideas on the silencer? My thoughts are GPR Race Deeptone. Sounds nice, loud but not TOOO loud. No db killer as far as I can see.
Back to top Go down
sidrat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sidrat

Mysterious Pipes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mysterious Pipes   Mysterious Pipes Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:13 am

This could be them, i am sure someone who knows more than me will be along shortly

1/Fuel tank overflow
2/Battery
3/Fuel Vapour recovery
4/Airbox Drain
5/Crankcase breather via headstock blow by
Back to top Go down
GHTE
Nibbio
Nibbio
GHTE

Mysterious Pipes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mysterious Pipes   Mysterious Pipes Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:53 pm

The bike looks to be in pretty good general condition Paggers
Back to top Go down
https://glennhilleard@gmail.com
sidrat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sidrat

Mysterious Pipes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mysterious Pipes   Mysterious Pipes Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:36 pm

whereabouts in Yorkshire are you?
Back to top Go down
Paggers
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Paggers

Mysterious Pipes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mysterious Pipes   Mysterious Pipes Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:44 am

The ones that are plugged bother me somewhat if they are breathers!!
Over winter l'll pull bits off and try and fathom what they are and where they shold go, I just thought I would see if any one could throw some light in the meantime.

Yeah, the overall condition aint bad, its just these odd bodged bits and pieces I keep comming across.

I'm between Selby & York.
Back to top Go down
davem
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
davem

Mysterious Pipes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mysterious Pipes   Mysterious Pipes Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:30 am

The pipes hanging down below the r/h footrests are breather/drains for the air box, battery holder and fuel tank. There is also a breather pipe for the gear box under the tank which isn't connected to anything.
The plugged pipes are to stop vented oil from the airbox dripping. This only happens if the engine is overfilled with oil, they are usually empty.

It's worth sticking a db killer in the silencer which seems to suit the engine better.
If in doubt check the bike over carefully rather than rely on poor workmanship from a previous owner.

Get the free Guzzidiag software and purchase the ecu connecting cables. Service the bike, easy enough to do at home and then load a beetle map and you will have a cracking bike.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

Mysterious Pipes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mysterious Pipes   Mysterious Pipes Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:39 am

The plugged ones will be drains, not breathers. That's why they're clear. So you can see when they need draining.

One will be from the airbox.

There's a breather on the gearbox, and the tank. There's a pipe from the airbox to the stepper. There's a pipe from the condenser box to airbox. Brain fuzz is descending due to bourbon intake, so I don't recall any others. I can't be arsed checking my GRiSO, as I don't want to kneel down or bend over. Also, if I go out to the garage, chances are I'll forget why I went out. That is all.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

Mysterious Pipes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mysterious Pipes   Mysterious Pipes Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:40 am

I'm too slow. Molly saves the day.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Paggers
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Paggers

Mysterious Pipes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mysterious Pipes   Mysterious Pipes Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:55 am

Thanks everyone, I guess the one undet the seat wii be the battery box drain thats not been reconnected at some time.

Back to top Go down
Paggers
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Paggers

Mysterious Pipes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mysterious Pipes   Mysterious Pipes Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:58 am

B'hell looking at what I just wrote, think I must have somebody elses fingers on today Laughing
Back to top Go down
davem
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
davem

Mysterious Pipes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mysterious Pipes   Mysterious Pipes Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:59 am

beetle wrote:
I'm too slow. Molly saves the day.

Only because it isn't beer o'clock on this side of the planet yet. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Clancy
Nibbio
Nibbio
Clancy

Mysterious Pipes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mysterious Pipes   Mysterious Pipes Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:35 am

The one from the thingy to the whatsit should go to that dodad on the....ah f*ck it, I’m pissed.
Back to top Go down
Paggers
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Paggers

Mysterious Pipes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mysterious Pipes   Mysterious Pipes Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:21 am

Ahhh, I did wonder whether it should go to the thingamajig or the whatchamacallit. scratch
Back to top Go down
wardentm
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wardentm

Mysterious Pipes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mysterious Pipes   Mysterious Pipes Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:40 pm

I just love this technical talk !
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Mysterious Pipes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mysterious Pipes   Mysterious Pipes Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Mysterious Pipes
Page 1 of 1