GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Hand Guards/Wind protectors

Go down 
+11
Grisodude
waterbottle
Steak
wyno
H-E-ROSS
beetle
Bill Hagan
Oz1200Guzzi
Pete Roper
EricS
GHTE
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
GHTE
Nibbio
Nibbio
GHTE

Hand Guards/Wind protectors Empty
PostSubject: Hand Guards/Wind protectors   Hand Guards/Wind protectors Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:03 am

Anyone know of a brand of hand guards that will fit the GRiSO. I am feeling the winter chills in my dotage.

Cheers.
Back to top Go down
https://glennhilleard@gmail.com
EricS
Biondino
Biondino
EricS

PostSubject: Re: Hand Guards/Wind protectors   Hand Guards/Wind protectors Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:19 am

Picked up a pair of these Hong Kong cheapies on eBay CLICK They work surprisingly well and simply bolt to the mirror mounts (10mm, 1.25 pitch thread). They also allow me to keep my bar-end mirrors.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Hand Guards/Wind protectors   Hand Guards/Wind protectors Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:58 am

Stelvio ones bolt straight up.
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: Hand Guards/Wind protectors   Hand Guards/Wind protectors Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:18 pm

Get onto the BarkBuster website - good Aussie product - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] put in your bike model, voila! commit
Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: Hand Guards/Wind protectors   Hand Guards/Wind protectors Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:27 pm

Pete Roper wrote:
Stelvio ones bolt straight up.

Bingo.

If I can install such things successfully and have 'em work, anyone can. Very Happy

Seriously, they used to be stoooopid expensive, but came way down in price.

Not only extend riding season with or without heated grips -- I prefer with! Wink -- but as long as moving, keep hands much drier in the wet.

Bill

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: Hand Guards/Wind protectors   Hand Guards/Wind protectors Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:28 pm

Oz1200Guzzi wrote:
Get onto the BarkBuster website - good Aussie product  - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] put in your bike model, voila! commit

Jingoist. jocolor Wink

Bill
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: Hand Guards/Wind protectors   Hand Guards/Wind protectors Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:37 pm

jingle bells, jingle bells - aw sorry Bill wrong time of year...
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Hand Guards/Wind protectors   Hand Guards/Wind protectors Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:11 pm

Stelvio ones don't fit if you have radial master cylinders. Just sayin'.

Sad

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
H-E-ROSS
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
H-E-ROSS

PostSubject: Re: Hand Guards/Wind protectors   Hand Guards/Wind protectors Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:22 pm

I put the Stelvio guards on mine. It made a huge improvement for winter riding. However I don't find them to be an esthetic improvement. They also require use of the Stelvio bar weights adding a couple inches to the wingspan. Mine are currently off for the summer but will go back on soon after the first frost! Not sure of the price in your region but they were relatively cheap here. ( guards and weights sold as a kit $75.00 )
Back to top Go down
http://h-e-ross.com
wyno
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wyno

PostSubject: Re: Hand Guards/Wind protectors   Hand Guards/Wind protectors Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:12 pm

I've got the Barkbuster Storms on mine. Makes a huge difference.
Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: Hand Guards/Wind protectors   Hand Guards/Wind protectors Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:03 pm

H-E-ROSS wrote:
I put the Stelvio guards on mine. It made a huge improvement for winter riding. However I don't find them to be an esthetic improvement. They also require use of the Stelvio bar weights adding a couple inches to the wingspan. Mine are currently off for the summer but will go back on soon after the first frost! Not sure of the price in your region but they were relatively cheap here. ( guards and weights sold as a kit $75.00 )

You can mix GRiSO and esthetics in the same sentence? jocolor

Actually, I left my guards on more out of laziness than anything else -- well, there is the "where did I put the OEM stuff?" issue Rolling Eyes -- but have gotten used to the look and find them somewhat useful in the wet without adding any noticeable heat even in the summer.

Bill

Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Hand Guards/Wind protectors   Hand Guards/Wind protectors Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:28 pm

Interesting.

I'm not one usually concerned overly with *Aesthetics* and as people who know me will attest my colour preferences are, err, unconventional but I had a set of Stelvio guards on the GRiSO and hated them so much because of their ugliness that when Ron came down and whined about his poor little cane toad pinkies being cold on a balmy midwinter Canberra morning I gleefully offloaded them to him and, I hate to admit, I'll put up with some discomfort before I put another pair on!

Look, they work well but they are as ugly as a robbers dog! If you can live with that? Fine! And if I lived and had to ride somewhere where conditions required it I'd re-fit them. The huge advantage I have is that if I do want to ride in dreadful weather I'll take the Stelvio because not only is it so ugly to start off with that not even its mother could love it but being that ugly you quite simply ugly it up any more!

The Italians actually have a word, (Which I can't remember.) for that pointy bit on the top of a coiled dog turd. With the hand guards fitted to a Stelvio that is the word you need! For me though I simply can't do it to my GRiSO......but I'm odd like that.........

Pete
Back to top Go down
GHTE
Nibbio
Nibbio
GHTE

PostSubject: Re: Hand Guards/Wind protectors   Hand Guards/Wind protectors Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:17 pm

Getting too old to be precious about cosmetics. I need to ride and a winters ride can be bliss if warm.
Enough said me thinks.
Back to top Go down
https://glennhilleard@gmail.com
H-E-ROSS
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
H-E-ROSS

PostSubject: Re: Hand Guards/Wind protectors   Hand Guards/Wind protectors Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:15 pm

Bill Hagan wrote:
H-E-ROSS wrote:

You can mix GRiSO and esthetics in the same sentence?  jocolor

Actually, I left my guards on more out of laziness than anything else -- well, there is the "where did I put the OEM stuff?" issue Rolling Eyes -- but have gotten used to the look and find them somewhat useful in the wet without adding any noticeable heat even in the summer.

Bill

Yes you can use both spellings (esthetic & aesthetic ) in the same same sentence with GRiSO! It might not be beautiful, but I find it handsome.
Of course the old fall back, ..eye of the beholder. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: Hand Guards/Wind protectors   Hand Guards/Wind protectors Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:39 pm

Pete Roper wrote:
The Italians actually have a word, (Which I can't remember.) for that pointy bit on the top of a coiled dog turd.

Il pizzico?

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
waterbottle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
waterbottle

PostSubject: Re: Hand Guards/Wind protectors   Hand Guards/Wind protectors Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:12 pm

Peter : "on a balmy midwinter Canberra morning" Shocked I'm still looking for my pecker Laughing
Bill Is right about keeping your gloves dry in the rain Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: Hand Guards/Wind protectors   Hand Guards/Wind protectors Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:08 pm

last night, I put the Storm hand-guards back onto Black Betty. Yesterday I paid a visit to the Barkbusters Factory (all of 10 minutes from me...) and had a good chat to the owner. Take-away was the pair of (rejected from supplier because of casting flaws) new (to me) bar end adapters.

Before the last rally, I decided I was capable of turning my bike around on a steep driveway, with the stand down. WRONG on so many fronts, especially the R/H side and R/H handlebar which took the brunt of the landing shock (the 2 slab rack was involved in this, but a touch up with a file fixed its bruises) - hence the snapped bar end adapter.

Rode to work again today, and although quite cool (5 degrees C), pinkies were happy tucked in behind the guards, especially with the heated hand-grips!

Highly recommend the Barkbuster brand.
Back to top Go down
Grisodude
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Grisodude

PostSubject: Re: Hand Guards/Wind protectors   Hand Guards/Wind protectors Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:00 pm

Storm hand-guards Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: Hand Guards/Wind protectors   Hand Guards/Wind protectors Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:03 pm

Does anybody know if the Stelvio hand guards will fit on a California 1100? I know they'll work on a GRiSO, but since most of my riding lately is on the California Sidecar rig, and I will be riding all winter, I thought it would be a good idea to mount some guards. Aesthetics are not even an issue with the sidecar, there's so much going on there they'll fit right in. Besides, most people are so focused on Jellybean, they wouldn't even notice the ugly geegaws.

BTW, I do have heated grips and heated gloves, but riding in the Pacific Northwest U.S. in the winter is cold and wet, I think hand guards would be a nice addition and my aching hands would love them.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
H-E-ROSS
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
H-E-ROSS

PostSubject: Re: Hand Guards/Wind protectors   Hand Guards/Wind protectors Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:12 pm

Street wrote:
Does anybody know if the Stelvio hand guards will fit on a California 1100? I know they'll work on a GRiSO, but since most of my riding lately is on the California Sidecar rig, and I will be riding all winter, I thought it would be a good idea to mount some guards. Aesthetics are not even an issue with the sidecar, there's so much going on there they'll fit right in. Besides, most people are so focused on Jellybean, they wouldn't even notice the ugly geegaws.

BTW, I do have heated grips and heated gloves, but riding in the Pacific Northwest U.S. in the winter is cold and wet, I think hand guards would be a nice addition and my aching hands would love them.

Street, I have no direct knowledge of your application,but it appears looking at your photo that this should not be a problem. The inboard side is held on under the mirror mount which appears to be the same as the GRiSO. The outboard side attaches to the bar-end. The kit comes with Stelvio bar-ends. I'm sure in a worst case scenario a little McGyvering will be all that is needed. Moto International has the kit in stock, why don't you take a ride over and do an eyeball with the parts in hand.
It is going to get cold here soon, I am going to put the hand-guards back on my GRiSO this week. They definitely make a difference! - Hank
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: Hand Guards/Wind protectors   Hand Guards/Wind protectors Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:45 am

Thanks, Hank. I may just do that, although, Bill Hagan has offered to send me his old Hippo Hands to try out. As we spend Thanksgiving at the coast every year and spend a few days riding around the Olympic Peninsula in the cold and wet, I expect these will make me very happy.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: Hand Guards/Wind protectors   Hand Guards/Wind protectors Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:13 am

I am headed down to the Moto Grappa -- after I finish cleaning the Pigsty Formerly Known as a Home; I pick up Kathi at IAD in a few hours; pray for me! Shocked -- to get those, Street!

Bill

Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: Hand Guards/Wind protectors   Hand Guards/Wind protectors Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:44 am

Done.

Street, check email for pix and questions.

Bill
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: Hand Guards/Wind protectors   Hand Guards/Wind protectors Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:50 pm

Received the Hippo Hands from Mr. Hagan. Sure, they're fugly, but I went for a nice test ride in the rain today and my hands were warm and dry. I wouldn't be able to bring myself to put them on the GRiSO, but on the sidecar rig, these are the tits! (Can I say that here?)

Thanks so much, Bill!

Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

PostSubject: Re: Hand Guards/Wind protectors   Hand Guards/Wind protectors Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:02 pm

You guys don't like heated gloves?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hand Guards/Wind protectors   Hand Guards/Wind protectors Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Hand Guards/Wind protectors
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next