GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Hand Guards/Wind protectors

Go down 
+11
Grisodude
waterbottle
Steak
wyno
H-E-ROSS
beetle
Bill Hagan
Oz1200Guzzi
Pete Roper
EricS
GHTE
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

Hand Guards/Wind protectors - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hand Guards/Wind protectors   Hand Guards/Wind protectors - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:37 pm

Oh I have heated gloves too, but there are several things I don't like about them. First, the cord connectors are awkward and uncomfortable unless you get them settled in just so, and out here on the left coast it rains a lot during the winter. Getting the heated gloves on when your hands are damp is a major PITA! Finally, the California 1100 produces limited surplus current for heated accessories and I want to have enough for Esther to use her heated jacket liner while riding in the sidecar, plus my liner and my heated grips. Wearing heated gloves means no heat for her unless we alternate and that's a hassle. We'll be riding all over the Olympic Peninsula over the Thanksgiving weekend and it's bound to be wet so I am really looking forward to using the Hippo Hands.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

PostSubject: Re: Hand Guards/Wind protectors   Hand Guards/Wind protectors - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:59 am

I have a pair of those gloves, waterproofed.
But I understand the cable/wire cons...and the battery ones aren't that efficient.
It's just that the guards are simply too ugly to belong on the mighty GRiSO. Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: Hand Guards/Wind protectors   Hand Guards/Wind protectors - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:57 am

Grisonut wrote:
...the guards are simply too ugly to belong on the mighty GRiSO. Laughing Laughing  

I agree with that, but on the sidecar rig, in the wind and rain, ugly is the least of my worries.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
MrGPz
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
MrGPz

PostSubject: Re: Hand Guards/Wind protectors   Hand Guards/Wind protectors - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:33 pm

EricS wrote:
Picked up a pair of these Hong Kong cheapies on eBay CLICK They work surprisingly well and simply bolt to the mirror mounts (10mm, 1.25 pitch thread). They also allow me to keep my bar-end mirrors.

Thanks for the heads up,

NZ$33.00 arrived in 10 days, bolted straight on, hard to spot

Back to top Go down
davem
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
davem

PostSubject: Re: Hand Guards/Wind protectors   Hand Guards/Wind protectors - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:37 am

[quote="MrGPz"]
EricS wrote:
Picked up a pair of these Hong Kong cheapies on eBay CLICK They work surprisingly well and simply bolt to the mirror mounts (10mm, 1.25 pitch thread). They also allow me to keep my bar-end mirrors.

Thanks for the heads up,

Are these the same ones?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
EricS
Biondino
Biondino
EricS

PostSubject: Re: Hand Guards/Wind protectors   Hand Guards/Wind protectors - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:23 pm

davem wrote:

Are these the same ones?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[/quote]

Ya, that would be them. I found they work best if you bend the mounts so that 2/3 to 3/4 of the guard is above the grip. I also picked up a pair of THESE which are far uglier but promise more protection in the winter months.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hand Guards/Wind protectors   Hand Guards/Wind protectors - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Hand Guards/Wind protectors
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2