GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Engine Mount Hex Key Size

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
creid123
Carlotto
Carlotto
creid123

Engine Mount Hex Key Size Empty
PostSubject: Engine Mount Hex Key Size   Engine Mount Hex Key Size Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:02 pm

So i picked up a set of Hepco&Becker Crashbars for my 2014 GRiSO 8V SE, but i don't have the right Size hex key. My set tops out at 8mm. Looks like it might be 10mm or bigger. Anyone know the exact size? Also, does anyone know the torque specs for the engine mount? Want to make sure she's on snug enough. Just a blind squirrel trying to get a nut here!

Thanks,

Charlie
Back to top Go down
guzziownr
Nibbio
Nibbio
guzziownr

PostSubject: Re: Engine Mount Hex Key Size   Engine Mount Hex Key Size Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:21 pm

creid123 wrote:
So i picked up a set of Hepco&Becker Crashbars for my 2014 GRiSO 8V SE, but i don't have the right Size hex key. My set tops out at 8mm. Looks like it might be 10mm or bigger. Anyone know the exact size? Also, does anyone know the torque specs for the engine mount? Want to make sure she's on snug enough. Just a blind squirrel trying to get a nut here!

Thanks,

Charlie

10 MM is correct.  I torqued mine to factory spec. (80 NM = 59 lbs/ft) and one side stripped out YMMV.  Be gentle and mark the bolt heads after torqueing to see if they move.  Some Ghetto denizens have lost them down the road.  See excerpt from factory manual below.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
creid123
Carlotto
Carlotto
creid123

PostSubject: Re: Engine Mount Hex Key Size   Engine Mount Hex Key Size Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:19 pm

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Engine Mount Hex Key Size   Engine Mount Hex Key Size Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Engine Mount Hex Key Size
Page 1 of 1