GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

RAM stem mount @$3#%@!

Go down 
+2
Pete Roper
guzziownr
6 posters
AuthorMessage
guzziownr
Nibbio
Nibbio
guzziownr

RAM stem mount  @$3#%@! Empty
PostSubject: RAM stem mount @$3#%@!   RAM stem mount  @$3#%@! Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:55 pm

I tried to put in this nice new RAM stem mount but I am baffled by the unique design of the GRiSO.  Has anyone BTDT and can share their experience?

Here is a photo from the RAM webpage:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: RAM stem mount @$3#%@!   RAM stem mount  @$3#%@! Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 19, 2014 2:02 pm

Well the obvious issue would be that on our bikes the bar risers would get in the way.

Pete
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: RAM stem mount @$3#%@!   RAM stem mount  @$3#%@! Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 19, 2014 2:05 pm

scratch

What Pete said. I use the hose clamp version on the bars betwixt the risers.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
guzziownr
Nibbio
Nibbio
guzziownr

PostSubject: Re: RAM stem mount @$3#%@!   RAM stem mount  @$3#%@! Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:08 pm

It is actually a neat fit.  I am having trouble with the friction mount that holds it in place.  I wanted to see if anyone had done it successfully before I break out the Goop.

Back to top Go down
tocino
Nibbio
Nibbio
tocino

PostSubject: Re: RAM stem mount @$3#%@!   RAM stem mount  @$3#%@! Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:48 am

I did a little writeup in [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] where I talk about what I found.

Short of it is, the hole in the stem does not provide a "wall" all the way down for the expany-rubber-bit on the mount to get a nice friction fit on. I got it to where it wouldn't shift up and down but it will rotate - but with the arm connected at worst it would rotate a little until it hit the bar.

For the tightest fit I'm afraid a bar clamp would be better, but the stem mount is nice and out-of-the-way and looks better.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: RAM stem mount @$3#%@!   RAM stem mount  @$3#%@! Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:42 pm

All mounts tend to ugly a bike up, it's just the way it is. I have a handlebar clamp mount which works well but it is visually intrusive.

Pete
Back to top Go down
guzziownr
Nibbio
Nibbio
guzziownr

PostSubject: Re: RAM stem mount @$3#%@!   RAM stem mount  @$3#%@! Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:54 pm

"All mounts tend to ugly a bike up..." Agreed, that's why I like the stem mount. I can take off whatever is on it easily. I am going to use some goop to stick the thing together so it won't rotate. As Tocino has noted there is no danger of it flying out of there.
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: RAM stem mount @$3#%@!   RAM stem mount  @$3#%@! Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:51 am

I have a stem mount, to get it really tight (with std risers) you have to use a hex bit with one of those tiny 1/4 inch ratchets. I've subsequently gone to a different mount replacing one of the bolts on the bar clamps.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
dskustoms
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
dskustoms

PostSubject: Re: RAM stem mount @$3#%@!   RAM stem mount  @$3#%@! Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:19 pm

steak do you have pics and bolt length? I would like to see how clean it looks i currently have the clamp.
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: RAM stem mount @$3#%@!   RAM stem mount  @$3#%@! Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:53 pm

The kit comes with all three bolt sizes, use the one that fits.

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
dskustoms
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
dskustoms

PostSubject: Re: RAM stem mount @$3#%@!   RAM stem mount  @$3#%@! Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:38 pm

Nice thank you I will be ordering one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RAM stem mount @$3#%@!   RAM stem mount  @$3#%@! Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

RAM stem mount @$3#%@!
Page 1 of 1