GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Screens n things

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Rowlrat
Carlotto
Carlotto
Rowlrat

Screens n things Empty
PostSubject: Screens n things   Screens n things Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:32 am

Screens, see a few posts about this reference GRiSO. Frankly I have had issues with screens for years none appear to do what they claim, except one. Bought at great expense the various flap type, one tested in aero space lab lab in California etc etc none worked . Bought a new V strom again factory screen useless, entered forum found taller factory screen useless, one guy from Portugal who seemed to be a technical expert all round said Givi Airflow works, it did fantastic what's more you can see why it works . What's the relavance, vee strom gone, placed screw on GRiSO, now it doesn't look good but worked out that two 53mm clamps on top of fork yokes, an l shaped bar and hey presto it would fit. As I'm keeping GRiSO then this could be a future mod, also noticed that Harley sell or did a screen for the XCR ? This has clip on clamps for fork tops and push on fittings for handlebars. Thought this may help those seriously thinking of touring ie big miles on the beast. No need Uk hasn't stopped raining for a month. Any room in Oz for an old Pom, house trained, no burden on the state and Ducati 900ss 1978 in my handbag ?
Back to top Go down
Rowlrat
Carlotto
Carlotto
Rowlrat

Screens n things Empty
PostSubject: Pom    Screens n things Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:43 am

As this is a worldwide forum thought I would explain Oz n Pom. Oz = Australia
Back to top Go down
Papa Lazarou
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Papa Lazarou

Screens n things Empty
PostSubject: Re: Screens n things   Screens n things Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:48 am

Rowlrat wrote:
As this is a worldwide forum thought I would explain Oz n Pom. Oz = Australia

And I thought it was a Yellow Brick Road reference.
Back to top Go down
MalG
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
MalG

Screens n things Empty
PostSubject: Re: Screens n things   Screens n things Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:39 pm

Well, we wouldn't mind, especially (or even) with such a bike in your luggage, but it's not we, the people, you have to convince. It's the bureaucrats in the Dept of Immigration (mostly now seem to be overseas-born & like most born-again bureaucrats excel at snookering the desires & needs of citizens. Try it & see. Good luck.
Back to top Go down
Rowlrat
Carlotto
Carlotto
Rowlrat

Screens n things Empty
PostSubject: Re: Screens n things   Screens n things Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:00 pm

I know where your coming from!!! Did get my own back once as a certain gentleman in your fair country said your apprenticeship is not long enough? I said that's because it was partly done in another organisation, the Royal Navy have you heard of it?
Back to top Go down
Stubbie
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Stubbie

Screens n things Empty
PostSubject: Re: Screens n things   Screens n things Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:34 pm

Bring your wellies and coat. Sorry to say but it's been raining here solidly for about 6 weeks. Well in Perth anyway.
Back to top Go down
Rowlrat
Carlotto
Carlotto
Rowlrat

Screens n things Empty
PostSubject: Re: Screens n things   Screens n things Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:03 am

Well thanks for the offer but looks as if I'm in pommie land for the duration, the place has gone well down the pan and look at our "leadership" !!!
Back to top Go down
MalG
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
MalG

Screens n things Empty
PostSubject: Re: Screens n things   Screens n things Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:30 pm

On the east coast it's been a particularly dry winter (after a wet start). Good riding weather.

One of my UK cousins tried migrating, but left it too late to apply - too old & not rich enough, apparently, even with family here. Says he should have transferred from the RN to the RAN back when, then there would have been no problems. He just has to make do with visiting for 3 or 4 months every year or so.
Back to top Go down
Rowlrat
Carlotto
Carlotto
Rowlrat

Screens n things Empty
PostSubject: Re: Screens n things   Screens n things Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:03 am

Yes would have been good, recently a number of jet fighter pilots would were very near the end of their training RAF were made redundant at a cost of millions each they are now RAAF you couldn't make it up . Anyway good luck to them , have heard that poms are preferred to some of your more recent additions which is nice!!!
Back to top Go down
Broken Spoke
Carlotto
Carlotto
Broken Spoke

Screens n things Empty
PostSubject: Re: Screens n things   Screens n things Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:21 pm

Bought a Parrabellum tall (I am 6 feet barefoot) for my 2014 GRiSO. Ugly as sin but works absolutely perfect for northern Alberta weather. Easy and clean install.
Back to top Go down
Rowlrat
Carlotto
Carlotto
Rowlrat

Screens n things Empty
PostSubject: Re: Screens n things   Screens n things Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:48 pm

Was sunny today GRiSO out
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Screens n things Empty
PostSubject: Re: Screens n things   Screens n things Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Screens n things
Page 1 of 1