GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Beetle map and minor tweak

Go down 
+4
Pete Roper
2highlander
Steak
hirnkrampf
8 posters
AuthorMessage
hirnkrampf
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
hirnkrampf

Beetle map and minor tweak Empty
PostSubject: Beetle map and minor tweak   Beetle map and minor tweak Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:09 am

Hi All,

just thought I'd report the successfull installation of the latest map from Beetle's collection. Was really simple thanks to his great howto. Everything still seems to work so far, but I still have to find the time to take her out on a tour to compare. Anyway, while I was at it, waiting for the lenghty read, I somehow got the stupid idea to start polishing my bike and even gave the exhaust manifold (weird word) a decent rub with some 1000 grit sandpaper to finally get rid of the burnt in rubber from years ago. Looks good so far. After a bit of polishing they went all shiny again and hopefully will stay that way for a while. I also gave the tail section a little work over. The plate holder has been changed to something more badass and I cut a bit off the plastic stuff which used to hold the licence plate before. Currently I am waiting for my Dart classic screen, which is on the way, and looking at options for new indicators and mirrors to match the rest of the bike. Suggestions welcome Very Happy

While I mostly read and enjoy your conversations here I'd like to say that you have been of great value with inspiration and help for my beginner modding ventures so far. Thanks for that and you all go to hell for making me spend a fortune for stuff that no one really needs and most of my friends don't even know what it is! With that said, let the pictures speak for themselves. Hope you like what I did so far. Feedback is welcome of course (unless it is critical that is  Cool )

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: Beetle map and minor tweak   Beetle map and minor tweak Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:10 am

That red saddle is a guilty pleasure for sure! Thumbs Up

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
2highlander
Biondino
Biondino
2highlander

PostSubject: Re: Beetle map and minor tweak   Beetle map and minor tweak Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:21 pm

Tail tidy also looks awesome. The solution how to illiminate the number plate is great, maximum respect!
Back to top Go down
hirnkrampf
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
hirnkrampf

PostSubject: Re: Beetle map and minor tweak   Beetle map and minor tweak Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:31 am

Thank you 2highlander. Actually, the nice result of the tail operation really surprised me. I got a replacement tail from ebay before just to be on the safe side. Maybe I will go at it some more with a file and some sandpaper to optimize, but that would be just for my perfectionism. The good thing about this solution is that everything else can stay as is. The light for the licence plate should be ok I guess, otherwise I'll just try to switch to a stronger bulb maybe. In Germany its a must have for the technical check, so I don't want to get into any stupid discussions there. I had to lower the licence plate a few centimeters though to account for the dip of the wheel under heavier loads, but now it should be fine.

The saddle is indeed a looker and together with the belly pan the nicest change by far. Got that idea from this forum btw. And it was certainly worth waiting for it to be manufactured and shipped. My wife and I were sitting on the balcony in our vacation in italy going through about a gazillion color options in the config tool Very Happy To be honest, we may have had a beer or two Very Happy Bold choice but definitely a good one.

Back to top Go down
hirnkrampf
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
hirnkrampf

PostSubject: Re: Beetle map and minor tweak   Beetle map and minor tweak Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:18 am

After a couple rides with the new map I have to say that it makes a notable difference. Maybe its just wishful thinking, but it seems even the gas mileage went up. Is that possible? Anyway, regarding torque it seems to be better distributed along the rpm range. But hey I am not expert and this is very subjective I guess. Also it seems that I get way less popping when going downhill. So even if I should imagine things only, I am pleased with the result Very Happy and that's what this is all about, right?
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Beetle map and minor tweak   Beetle map and minor tweak Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:28 am

hirnkrampf wrote:
After a couple rides with the new map I have to say that it makes a notable difference. Maybe its just wishful thinking, but it seems even the gas mileage went up.

It's not wishful thinking.

Quote :
Is that possible?

Yes, once you understand how the W5AM works in closed loop.

Quote :
Anyway, regarding torque it seems to be better distributed along the rpm range. But hey I am not expert and this is very subjective I guess. Also it seems that I get way less popping when going downhill. So even if I should imagine things only, I am pleased with the result Very Happy and that's what this is all about, right?

Yes, although the reason you get no popping on the over-run above 2,700 rpm is simple. On a closed throttle there is no fuel delivery above that point. No fuel? Nothing to make 'Pops'. Simple! Very Happy

Pete
Back to top Go down
hirnkrampf
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
hirnkrampf

PostSubject: Re: Beetle map and minor tweak   Beetle map and minor tweak Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:09 am

Hmm not sure about your last statement. Usually when I went downhill e.g. passing that beautiful castle you see in the photo, she made a hell of a lot of noise. It was so much that I switched to iridium spark plugs to sound less like some moron on a broken bike Very Happy
Back to top Go down
guzziownr
Nibbio
Nibbio
guzziownr

PostSubject: Re: Beetle map and minor tweak   Beetle map and minor tweak Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:15 am

That seat! Fantastico! Everyone gets better mileage with the Beetle map...
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Beetle map and minor tweak   Beetle map and minor tweak Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:24 am

hirnkrampf wrote:
Hmm not sure about your last statement. Usually when I went downhill e.g. passing that beautiful castle you see in the photo, she made a hell of a lot of noise. It was so much that I switched to iridium spark plugs to sound less like some moron on a broken bike Very Happy

Sorry, I wasn't clear. That is one of the differences in Mark's OL map. It chops the fuel at 4.8-5.2, (I think.) above 2,700. The factory maps continue delivering fuel in that area but because the engine is pumping harder the mixture is incombustible in the combustion chamber but when pumped into the exhaust it is ignited when the engine 8, 12 or 16 strokes and expell hot gas into the headers and silencing system.

Pete
Back to top Go down
2highlander
Biondino
Biondino
2highlander

PostSubject: Re: Beetle map and minor tweak   Beetle map and minor tweak Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:35 am

Is that the negative throttle movement parameter when viewing the map in TunerPro?
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Beetle map and minor tweak   Beetle map and minor tweak Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:41 am

4.8 is the 'Fully closed' parameter on the 8V, 4.6 on the 2V. I presume that the higher value cut off is designed to take into account bumps and 'Wrist twitch' on the throttle. Hopefully Mark wil confirm.

Pete
Back to top Go down
2highlander
Biondino
Biondino
2highlander

PostSubject: Re: Beetle map and minor tweak   Beetle map and minor tweak Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:52 am

As I understand Marc, throttle negative movement is able to shorten the duration of fuel injection time. As a result, fewer or no fuel is supplied when you draw back or close throttle.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Beetle map and minor tweak   Beetle map and minor tweak Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:26 am

Less fuel, but not zero fuel. Below 6% throttle at RPM > 2750, fuel is cut to zero.

geek

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
hirnkrampf
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
hirnkrampf

PostSubject: Re: Beetle map and minor tweak   Beetle map and minor tweak Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:33 am

I had a nice season riding the new maps now and I have to say it is amazing. Before installing the maps I barely made it to 190km with one filling and then the reserve light lit. Now I easily get beyond the 210 without the reserve light going on. If I don't do much highway kms I can reach 230 without any trouble. That said, she also rides wonderfully. Who cares about fuel consumption after all Very Happy The cold is a bit of a challenge though. Now as it gets below 10°C in the morning, she stutters a bit. But really, thats just a minute or so. So not a deal at all once you get used to it.
Back to top Go down
Bigcalm
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Bigcalm

PostSubject: Re: Beetle map and minor tweak   Beetle map and minor tweak Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:25 pm

Great looking bike

What pipe are you using and where did you find the belly pan?

Cheers
Steve
Back to top Go down
GHTE
Nibbio
Nibbio
GHTE

PostSubject: Re: Beetle map and minor tweak   Beetle map and minor tweak Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:34 pm

Pretty bike Hirn.
Back to top Go down
https://glennhilleard@gmail.com
hirnkrampf
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
hirnkrampf

PostSubject: Re: Beetle map and minor tweak   Beetle map and minor tweak Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:34 am

Hey Steve,

I got the bellypan from a guy called Bruno. Here's the link:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The pipe is the official Termignoni slip on. I got it here:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Bigcalm
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Bigcalm

PostSubject: Re: Beetle map and minor tweak   Beetle map and minor tweak Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:17 am

Awesome, thanks!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Beetle map and minor tweak   Beetle map and minor tweak Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Beetle map and minor tweak
Page 1 of 1