GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

I need help with this beetle ???? map

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Degs
Carlotto
Carlotto
Degs

I need help with this beetle ???? map Empty
PostSubject: I need help with this beetle ???? map   I need help with this beetle ???? map Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 27, 2021 11:19 pm

I'm trying to install Mr Beetle's map and it's not going as planned.  
All connected,  blue led on the OBD2 cable lit up, but did not get ECU display on my instruments.
Tried to read the original map  and did not get a COM notification, just empty box, despite trying all the ports on my laptop.  
Tried clicking on read and obviously not successful.  
Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by Degs on Sun Jun 27, 2021 11:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Degs
Carlotto
Carlotto
Degs

PostSubject: Re: I need help with this beetle ???? map   I need help with this beetle ???? map Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 27, 2021 11:23 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

PostSubject: Re: I need help with this beetle ???? map   I need help with this beetle ???? map Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 28, 2021 12:27 am

Does guzzidiag connect OK ? Only issues I have with laptop connection is usually I have to shutdown all the virus protection to allow Reader/Writer & Guzzidiag to open; also laptop (if not connected to mains) can default to down powering USB ports....
Back to top Go down
Degs
Carlotto
Carlotto
Degs

PostSubject: Re: I need help with this beetle ???? map   I need help with this beetle ???? map Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 28, 2021 1:53 am

Thanks for replying Paul.
Nothing seems to connect. The reader opens but doesn't connect. My laptop was plugged in.
Could it be that my garage has no WiFi, therefore no Internet be the problem?
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: I need help with this beetle ???? map   I need help with this beetle ???? map Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 28, 2021 3:19 am

wi-fi is not required.

I would suspect either a bad OBD interface cable, or no port assignment by the laptop.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

PostSubject: Re: I need help with this beetle ???? map   I need help with this beetle ???? map Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 28, 2021 3:28 am

don't need internet.

Can i just ask the "of course i am" question?

Are you pressing the "connect" to ECU control at the top of the "file" menu?
Back to top Go down
Degs
Carlotto
Carlotto
Degs

PostSubject: Re: I need help with this beetle ???? map   I need help with this beetle ???? map Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 28, 2021 3:53 am

No offence taken at all, I'm probably doing something basic and stupid. I'm not too good at tech or motors, I'm a nurse practitioner in real life.
But no file menu in the window, I'm still trying to copy the original map to the laptop. Does the guzzidiag need to be open at this point? It has a file menu.
Also need to try figure out if the laptop is ignoring the ports.
Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

PostSubject: Re: I need help with this beetle ???? map   I need help with this beetle ???? map Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 28, 2021 4:37 am

OK Degs - my mistake
I thought that you could not get Guzzi diag to connect. I have always connected with Guzzi Diag then trned it off and opened the reader or writer.

Also a Nurse RMN/RGN although probably retired now

Degs likes this post

Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: I need help with this beetle ???? map   I need help with this beetle ???? map Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 28, 2021 5:41 am

Did you install the FTDI drivers?

Don't open GuzziDiag and the Reader or Writer at the same time. One will grab the port and won't share.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Degs
Carlotto
Carlotto
Degs

PostSubject: Re: I need help with this beetle ???? map   I need help with this beetle ???? map Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 28, 2021 5:58 am

Thanks Beetle. I had just figured out that the FTDI driver download was incomplete.
Doh.
I will try again tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Degs
Carlotto
Carlotto
Degs

PostSubject: Re: I need help with this beetle ???? map   I need help with this beetle ???? map Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:42 am

All sorted, Beetle map installed. Much smoother at low revs and low gears. Success.
🍺 time
And I owe everyone who replied a beer if you're ever in Devon.
Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

PostSubject: Re: I need help with this beetle ???? map   I need help with this beetle ???? map Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 29, 2021 3:00 am

On my way lol Smile
Same applies if you are ever in Brizz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I need help with this beetle ???? map   I need help with this beetle ???? map Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

I need help with this beetle ???? map
Page 1 of 1