GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Black frame tube and front fender instead of silver?

Go down 
+8
wardest
sidrat
Pete Roper
GuZeee
2highlander
EricS
davem
beetle
12 posters
AuthorMessage
GuZeee
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
GuZeee

Black frame tube and front fender instead of silver? Empty
PostSubject: Black frame tube and front fender instead of silver?   Black frame tube and front fender instead of silver? Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:59 pm

I'm thinking of painting the silver on the frame tube and the front fender satin black. I made a crude attempt at editing a photo to show how it might look.

Opinions?

Silver: actual photo
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Black: poorly edited photo
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Black frame tube and front fender instead of silver?   Black frame tube and front fender instead of silver? Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:21 pm

Been done before, and will be again.
Your bike, you like? DO IT!

You don't need my approval ................................

and here's a picture of my Bellagio after I fixed a dodgy indicator.

Actual truth, indicator is still a bit dodgy. I'm over trying to fix things.
Back to top Go down
GuZeee
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
GuZeee

PostSubject: Re: Black frame tube and front fender instead of silver?   Black frame tube and front fender instead of silver? Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:33 pm

ghezzi wrote:

You don't need my approval ................................

Don't need approval, but I'm interested what people on the forum think about it, based on these photos and possibly experience. I'm pretty sure I'd like it a lot better black, but it's hard to know until you see it in the flesh and live with it a while.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Black frame tube and front fender instead of silver?   Black frame tube and front fender instead of silver? Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:47 pm

Big Mike's GRiSO is blacker than a very black thing. I think Pete posted a pic here somewhere.

bounce

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Black frame tube and front fender instead of silver?   Black frame tube and front fender instead of silver? Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:55 pm

I found one on stalkbook.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org

PostSubject: Re: Black frame tube and front fender instead of silver?   Black frame tube and front fender instead of silver? Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:16 am

Got to admit, when Bella still had the original matt black tank and guards, the addition of black exhaust and wheels gave it a real STEALTH look, then Roper ruined it by giving me that crass n vulgar chrome tank. Razz

It's ok Pete, I will paint it .............................................. one day.
After I fix the rear guard, again.
Back to top Go down
davem
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
davem

PostSubject: Re: Black frame tube and front fender instead of silver?   Black frame tube and front fender instead of silver? Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:13 am

I'm always looking at little details to change and thought about blacking out some of the silver parts but on reflection the bike looks good as it is.
You would only be changing for a fresh look not really an improvement and who's to say you won't get fed up with the new look quickly.
Back to top Go down
EricS
Biondino
Biondino
EricS

PostSubject: Re: Black frame tube and front fender instead of silver?   Black frame tube and front fender instead of silver? Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:49 am

Like the blacked out look on the bike Beetle put up except for the black valve covers. I also like to see a little shiny here and there. There are many different shades of black so maybe try to match the CARC or do a satin finish of the tank?

Regardless, it's your bike so it's your decision.
Back to top Go down
GuZeee
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
GuZeee

PostSubject: Re: Black frame tube and front fender instead of silver?   Black frame tube and front fender instead of silver? Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:00 am

Ooh, thanks for that blacked out pic, beetle. Good points all. Another concern is that my custom paint won’t hold up as well as the factory paint. Things to consider.
Back to top Go down
2highlander
Biondino
Biondino
2highlander

PostSubject: Re: Black frame tube and front fender instead of silver?   Black frame tube and front fender instead of silver? Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:32 am

Black frame fits perfectly! Just do it though it means a lot of work if You want a professional finish.
Back to top Go down
GuZeee
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
GuZeee

PostSubject: Re: Black frame tube and front fender instead of silver?   Black frame tube and front fender instead of silver? Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:01 am

2highlander wrote:
Black frame fits perfectly! Just do it though it means a lot of work if You want a professional finish.

Agreed! I'm thinking of a satin finish rather than gloss, so it shouldn't need to be smoothed out as much. (Although I don't have much experience painting so I have some learning to do before attempting.)
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Black frame tube and front fender instead of silver?   Black frame tube and front fender instead of silver? Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:25 am

The only way to do it and not have it look like shit is to strip the frame for painting or powder coat. Anything attempted with the bike assembled will look like a ghastly bodge.

Pete
Back to top Go down
sidrat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sidrat

PostSubject: Re: Black frame tube and front fender instead of silver?   Black frame tube and front fender instead of silver? Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:42 pm

looks good with a black frame, Pete fixed one recently and painted a black frame, it was looking good, just a bind to get it painted
Back to top Go down
wardest
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
wardest

PostSubject: Re: Black frame tube and front fender instead of silver?   Black frame tube and front fender instead of silver? Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:00 pm

Big Mike's GRiSO is blacker than a very black thing. wrote:

Got any blacker ??
Back to top Go down
GuZeee
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
GuZeee

PostSubject: Re: Black frame tube and front fender instead of silver?   Black frame tube and front fender instead of silver? Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:16 pm

Pete Roper wrote:
The only way to do it and not have it look like shit is to strip the frame for painting or powder coat. Anything attempted with the bike assembled will look like a ghastly bodge.

Oh, I was going to try to do it with just the tank and side panels removed. Taking the engine out and everything is not something I want to undertake. A ghastly bodge does not sound good; perhaps I should rethink this one...

Back to top Go down
GuZeee
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
GuZeee

PostSubject: Re: Black frame tube and front fender instead of silver?   Black frame tube and front fender instead of silver? Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:26 pm

wardest wrote:

Got any blacker ??

It makes you ask yourself, how much more black could it be? And the answer is: none. None more black.
Back to top Go down
GuZeee
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
GuZeee

PostSubject: Re: Black frame tube and front fender instead of silver?   Black frame tube and front fender instead of silver? Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:55 pm

None more black
Back to top Go down
EricS
Biondino
Biondino
EricS

PostSubject: Re: Black frame tube and front fender instead of silver?   Black frame tube and front fender instead of silver? Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:50 pm

Perhaps you could just get a bucket full of black Sharpie pens and enlist the neighborhood kids to 'paint' your frame. Bet there wouldn't be another bike like it for miles!
Back to top Go down
relayer
Carlotto
Carlotto
relayer

PostSubject: Re: Black frame tube and front fender instead of silver?   Black frame tube and front fender instead of silver? Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:46 pm

I like the silver frame and fender bits better than all blacked. I'm thinking about getting some Y spoke PVM wheels in silber from DAS Mototec to lighten up the dark look of my 2016 some more!
Back to top Go down
bioman
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bioman

PostSubject: Re: Black frame tube and front fender instead of silver?   Black frame tube and front fender instead of silver? Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:08 pm

This reminds me of that picture I once found of a GRiSO with a red frame and other red parts. I really liked the look.

Here it is:  (never mind the ghastly head light)

Last edited by bioman on Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
GuZeee
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
GuZeee

PostSubject: Re: Black frame tube and front fender instead of silver?   Black frame tube and front fender instead of silver? Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:55 pm

Wow, that red is wild. It’s not to my taste, but it’s really nicely done. I’ve decided I need to get it done properly, or not at all.
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: Black frame tube and front fender instead of silver?   Black frame tube and front fender instead of silver? Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:44 pm

Looks like the 1100 Le Mans red (Corsa?)
Back to top Go down
sidrat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sidrat

PostSubject: Re: Black frame tube and front fender instead of silver?   Black frame tube and front fender instead of silver? Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:48 am

bioman wrote:
This reminds me of that picture I once found of a GRiSO with a red frame and other red parts. I really liked the look.

Here it is:  (never mind the ghastly dead light)

I Like the look of that. Although i too am not a fan of the light, it certainly seems to suit the bike, and fit in with the clocks its the sort of update Aprilia would do. I wonder what bike the light is from? any ideas?
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Black frame tube and front fender instead of silver?   Black frame tube and front fender instead of silver? Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:57 am

Shiver.
Back to top Go down
waterbottle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
waterbottle

PostSubject: Re: Black frame tube and front fender instead of silver?   Black frame tube and front fender instead of silver? Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:11 am

Suzuki light ?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Black frame tube and front fender instead of silver?   Black frame tube and front fender instead of silver? Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Black frame tube and front fender instead of silver?
Page 1 of 1