GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Mounting front mudguard/fender. Do I have to remove wheel?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Wet Coaster
Carlotto
Carlotto
Wet Coaster

Mounting front mudguard/fender. Do I have to remove wheel? Empty
PostSubject: Mounting front mudguard/fender. Do I have to remove wheel?   Mounting front mudguard/fender. Do I have to remove wheel? Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:21 pm

Long story short, I was hit by a car last year and one fender strut broke. The bike is miraculously OK BTW

Since insurance will pay for replacement I opted for a new fender. After some delay Harper's came through with a colour matched replacement.
In this brave new world I have to be prepared for there to be no shop open. Businesses are closing daily around here. Plus I don't have this years tags yet so I can't even ride it to a shop.

Do I have to remove the wheel to re & re a front mudguard? I can't see any obvious way to take the fender off otherwise but perhaps someone here knows.

I ask because I don't have a lift or any way to rig a straps from above to lift the bike. Plus I don't have a socket large enough.
Back to top Go down
LBC Tenni
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
LBC Tenni

PostSubject: Re: Mounting front mudguard/fender. Do I have to remove wheel?   Mounting front mudguard/fender. Do I have to remove wheel? Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:39 pm

No, you don’t. Just a little flex allows it to squeeze between the forks. I did this when I installed the fender extender. I don’t remember exactly how I did it, but it ended up being much easier than it looked.
Back to top Go down
Wet Coaster
Carlotto
Carlotto
Wet Coaster

PostSubject: Re: Mounting front mudguard/fender. Do I have to remove wheel?   Mounting front mudguard/fender. Do I have to remove wheel? Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:27 pm

I'm keen to try it, but reluctant to break it. it took me two months to get the fender here and I imagine nigh impossible to get another right now.
Back to top Go down
LBC Tenni
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
LBC Tenni

PostSubject: Re: Mounting front mudguard/fender. Do I have to remove wheel?   Mounting front mudguard/fender. Do I have to remove wheel? Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:36 pm

Give it a go, but gently. I have considerable experience breaking things, yet I managed without much trouble.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mounting front mudguard/fender. Do I have to remove wheel?   Mounting front mudguard/fender. Do I have to remove wheel? Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Mounting front mudguard/fender. Do I have to remove wheel?
Page 1 of 1