GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

GuzziTech Meg Muffler

Go down 
+2
sidrat
nblades
6 posters
AuthorMessage
nblades
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
nblades

GuzziTech Meg Muffler Empty
PostSubject: GuzziTech Meg Muffler   GuzziTech Meg Muffler Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:49 am

Anyone try one of these? GuzziTech GT-Rx GRiSO 11/8V Meg Muffler?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The price looks good, and I'm tempted since I live in Canada, and the shipping wouldn't be too bad.  I'm new to this forum, and new to Guzzi bikes.  This summer I purchased my first Guzzi, and I love it.  I bought a 2012 (non roller) GRiSO 8V, Tenni green, everything stock, and only 4600km.  I've now ridden about 2000km more, and it looks like winter is just around the corner, so I've ordered up a "A" tappet kit, and plan to do the work myself.  The only problem I've had with the bike is the oil pressure sensor shit the bed, and needed replacement (profuse oil leak).

Does anyone know if any of Beetle's maps would work for this pipe?

Thanks for the Forum for Grisos, I'm glad to have landed in good company, with great taste in motorcycles!

Cheers,

Norm Blades
Back to top Go down
sidrat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sidrat

PostSubject: Re: GuzziTech Meg Muffler   GuzziTech Meg Muffler Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:59 am

Hello and welcome, you need to sort the rollers out asap, they can fail at any mileage.

They are a great bike and do need a slimmer exhaust! I have the termi it came with the bike.

I am sure someone will come along soon with an answer for you
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: GuzziTech Meg Muffler   GuzziTech Meg Muffler Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:43 am

I have no respect for this vendor or his products. Having wasted large amounts of money on stuff that neither fitted or worked from him and supplying him with numerous, expensive, parts for little or nothing to help with 'Projects' that never eventuated apart from as advertising vehicles for his rampant profiteering I advise others to stay away.

One of my early mistakes, (Besides foolishly thinking he knew what he was talking about!) was to purchase a right side exit exhaust off him. This POS probably exemplified everything about the supplier. It didn't work, didn't fit and was ear bleedingly and obnoxiously loud while killing the bike's performance in the bottom end and midrange.

If you want to pay too much for something that doesn't work and then lay yourself open to being groomed to spend lots more on *Fixes* that don't fix anything? Knock yerself out! Otherwise save your money and look elsewhere. There are a host of superior products around that do work and are similar or lesser in price.

Pete
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: GuzziTech Meg Muffler   GuzziTech Meg Muffler Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:38 am

I reckon I could make it work.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
nblades
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
nblades

PostSubject: Re: GuzziTech Meg Muffler   GuzziTech Meg Muffler Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:29 am

First things first, I will certainly get the roller kit installed. Its starting to snow in the mountains, so I suspect our riding season will soon be finished. Winter motorcycle upgrades to follow shortly after. Maybe its just easier to pick a Mistral pipe and stick with the well know maps. The price was the best part of the GuzziTech pipe. I do like the plain looking cone style pipes. Looking forward to buying one of your Maps this winter Beetle.

Regards, Norm
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: GuzziTech Meg Muffler   GuzziTech Meg Muffler Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:50 am

I think the Agostini Megaphone map would work. Might only need a CO trim adjustment or a minor map tweak.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: GuzziTech Meg Muffler   GuzziTech Meg Muffler Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:17 am

I have a "similar" exhaust on my Sport 2V, from the same vendor. It is appropriate for a 2V engine but probably not for an 8V. Yes and loud, especially when on song (mine was advertised as "sounding like a small block V8" - missed the mark as mine is a V2! - still "I" like it) or on the over-run. Maps can be made to work, but I think for an 8V GRiSO, you could be well advised to follow what the FIG, and others have already invested in, especially in the way of good working maps, without having to resort to getting a special map made.

See Pete Roper's comments on why particular exhausts work well on the 8V engine.
Back to top Go down
mrks_jnz
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
mrks_jnz

PostSubject: Re: GuzziTech Meg Muffler   GuzziTech Meg Muffler Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:24 pm

Hey nblades, if you want some help turning a wrench when your roller kit comes in, I can lend a hand. i live in Chestermere, and any excuse to add miles to my Grizz is a welcome one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GuzziTech Meg Muffler   GuzziTech Meg Muffler Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

GuzziTech Meg Muffler
Page 1 of 1