GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

GRiSO Muffler Query......

Go down 
+2
lcjohnny
Gootzibird13
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Gootzibird13
Biondino
Biondino
Gootzibird13

GRiSO Muffler Query...... Empty
PostSubject: GRiSO Muffler Query......   GRiSO Muffler Query...... Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 20, 2022 12:36 pm

Does anyone have an original muffler off of 1200 SE GRiSO available for sale
?
Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Muffler Query......   GRiSO Muffler Query...... Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 20, 2022 2:48 pm

No i haven't
but they turn up every 3 months or so for between £250 and £600  this one is only £300 but is in UK Sad Linky Ebay GRiSO8 silencer

I bought mine from Russia (i tried to buy one advertised in USA but it never arrived - the next one came up in 3 weeks but in Russia)

Gootzibird13 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Buellbloke
Nibbio
Nibbio
Buellbloke

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Muffler Query......   GRiSO Muffler Query...... Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 20, 2022 4:47 pm

lcjohnny wrote:
No i haven't
but they turn up every 3 months or so for between £250 and £600  this one is only £300 but is in UK Sad Linky Ebay GRiSO8 silencer

I bought mine from Russia (i tried to buy one advertised in USA but it never arrived - the next one came up in 3 weeks but in Russia)

£300 for that scruffy scratched pile of dog poo, he's hardly going to ship it to the USA for free.
The blokes description is hilarious "May have some dirt and dust in places, has got signs of age, there will be some signs of age such as scratches & dirt, will have some scratches in places, will have blemishes, scratches, light marks and chips to it's finish, will also have very light surface corrosion in places, this is not a new part so will have the usual wear & tear, all parts are water marked, ****Please look at the pictures provided carefully as they will show the condition far better than a description can.*****  Laughing

He's already pretty much said it looks doggy as f*ck Laughing

Can have mine for £200 plus P&P though its not perfect either, has a small light dent on the inside.
Some light scratches on the painted edge.
It came with the bike or rather it was supposed to, as picked bike up on the hop it wasnt there.
Took 2 months of me pestering for him to eventually ship it on to me, even gave him the option of copping out but he insisted he would ship it to me.

My plan was to eventually clean and polish the surface obviously retaining the original brushed finish, sand and respray the end piece, and see if can't push most of that small ding out.
If your not in too much of a hurry all that can be accomplished, no promises on getting the ding out though.
That said shipping this behemoth of a silencer won't be cheap Shocked
If your interested give me a shout otherwise be patient as am sure another might pop up already in the USA.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down
Gootzibird13
Biondino
Biondino
Gootzibird13

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Muffler Query......   GRiSO Muffler Query...... Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 20, 2022 5:38 pm

Buellbloke,

Can u send me a pick from top as it would sit on the bike please? How visible is the ding is what's important to me. Not sure how one would go about getting dent out of stainless without using internal muffler itself as leverage. Loosening or moving that by prying ect. could leave the unit as a rattle box. I have had to use shaved pieces of popsicle sticks as shims to get it just right on mine. The reason I'm replacing mine is big dent on top from a parking actuator arm. It came down while turning left while parking and was caught by my case and threw it down into top of muffler. It was aluminum and it kinda speared right into the muffler itself. I didn't notice it until I got home from work and removed my cases....it's proper fucked....
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Muffler Query......   GRiSO Muffler Query...... Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 20, 2022 5:55 pm

The sexiest muffler ever for a GRiSO...

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special

Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
Buellbloke
Nibbio
Nibbio
Buellbloke

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Muffler Query......   GRiSO Muffler Query...... Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 20, 2022 7:49 pm

It's more a crease than a full on dent, it's visible from above, if your after a perfect one yea this aint it.
It's certainly in better condition than the one on ebay for £300, I'd prefer the damage where it is to all along the out side face.
The silver end is removable as has allen bolts securing it, whether the outer skin is accessible is another matter.
Just had a go at the bolts and they dont seem to loosen Shocked
Easy enough to paint the silver end in situ.
It's got some other stuff going on now have cleaned it, looks like its been down, prob why the last bloke fitted the Termignoni.
I might decide to polish the silencer.

Steak wrote:
The sexiest muffler ever for a GRiSO...

Each to their own, can understand the why ie the 8 shape, in itself it's stylish, it just weighs so much and looks enormous.
Easy to see why they get damaged, if you start to tip the weight of that thing will pull you over.
One thing I dont understand is the headers are polished and the silencer brushed, unless thats just another of the GRiSO mixed personality traits.
Multiple finishes, chrome and alloy, different shades of blacks and silver.
Personally prefer the whole thing in polished stainless.

Back to top Go down
moby
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
moby

PostSubject: original GRiSO muffler   GRiSO Muffler Query...... Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 21, 2022 3:49 am

Gootzibird13 wrote:
?

Hi,

I have one which was changed for other muffler from new or a week or so after buying new, can't remember. I can get it from storage but I think it will be mint condition. Can send pictures to confirm. Happy to sell well below prices I have seen mentioned. Can pack very well and send by your preferred method from Australia. Happy to get a freight quote to help you decide.

Maybe private message me?

Cheers,

Ross / Moby

Back to top Go down
moby
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
moby

PostSubject: Muffler    GRiSO Muffler Query...... Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 21, 2022 3:51 am

Gootzibird13 wrote:
?

Hi,

I have one which was changed for other muffler from new or a week or so after buying new, can't remember. I can get it from storage but I think it will be mint condition. Can send pictures to confirm. Happy to sell well below prices I have seen mentioned. Can pack very well and send by your preferred method from Australia. Happy to get a freight quote to help you decide.

Cheers,

Ross / Moby

Back to top Go down
Buellbloke
Nibbio
Nibbio
Buellbloke

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Muffler Query......   GRiSO Muffler Query...... Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 21, 2022 8:29 am

moby wrote:

Hi,

Happy to sell well below prices I have seen mentioned.

Cheers,

Ross / Moby

Originally intended to knock mine out for £100, upon seeing the prices quoted above thought wow I'll go for £200 still be a bargain.
If your is minters and for sale at well under £200 he be mad not to go for yours Cool

Back to top Go down
Gootzibird13
Biondino
Biondino
Gootzibird13

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Muffler Query......   GRiSO Muffler Query...... Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 21, 2022 11:52 am

Thanks Buellbloke. I am waiting for pics from Moby to my email. But thank you Buellbloke I most likely will be purchasing new can from Moby.

Buellbloke likes this post

Back to top Go down
Gootzibird13
Biondino
Biondino
Gootzibird13

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Muffler Query......   GRiSO Muffler Query...... Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 21, 2022 11:56 am

lcjohnny wrote:
No i haven't

Thank you Icjohnny for the link sir.

lcjohnny likes this post

Back to top Go down
MalG
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
MalG

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Muffler Query......   GRiSO Muffler Query...... Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 21, 2022 2:32 pm

FWIW, speak to a panel beater about that crease/dent. What those blokes can do with heat, weld & their special tools is unbelievable. They seem to think all these metals are some kind of plastic. Amazing.

lcjohnny and Buellbloke like this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Muffler Query......   GRiSO Muffler Query...... Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

GRiSO Muffler Query......
Page 1 of 1